RWR notification ridiculous

chief

you can see when the missile radar turns on (tof -> toa -> 0 - pitbull), thing is it has a weak radar/can be notched easily, so i think any guestimations regarding when/at what distance a sensor would pick it up are just that, guestimations, maybe all that is modelled, maybe not fully - who knows. Comparing with another missile doesn't make too much sense either - do they have the same radar etc etc, the 120 will lock on to you from pretty much it's max radar range, the sd10 - i'm not so sure. Also the angle of approach on the horizontal plane plays a role (search for ironmike's post where he details how the rwr is modelled for one of their aircrafts) and of course the vertical approach

until someone goes through the trouble of gathering data this thread is kind of pointless as it's all anecdotal etc

also, lots of people are complaining about RWRs at the moment, could be lag, some weird bug etc but doesn't make sense to dismiss all that - some of those people are ED testers i think (e.g. coxy)

also, lots of people are complaining about RWRs at the moment, could be lag, some weird bug etc but doesn't make sense to dismiss all that - some of those people are ED testers i think (e.g. coxy)

I do think part of the complaints are because people are used to the old way of how things worked (STT) vs TWS. We literally only got sort-of functional TWS for most planes very recently. So all that "negative training" people have been doing is hurting them now.

But yeah I've seen a ton of weird RWR and D/L behavior on bluflag outside the Jeff, but as you say its fairly useless to whine about it. And if there is one thing I've learned about DCS is that comparing offline and online behavior are two very different things, because the online environment is much more complex due to "network" problems.

I don't expect much in the way of fixes for the next patch (aside from the Jeff which should be ready), but I suspect if there are some general weird net desynch issues with RWR's and D/L ED will eventually fix them, just not tomorrow.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Boom RWR is supposedly fixed along with the online E2/E3 DL! And bunch of other stuff.

Its party time!

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Sort of. Im still having some issues with gnd not turning off sam radars.