DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Sage, this is possible. Just do so from your dedicated server and use autohotkey to keep the mic on.

Ciribob gave a more in depth description a few pages back when we were discussing a Radio Mayok alternative.

Edit: I haven't tried multiple clients but I'm not sure it would work while SRS relies on an export file. I know that Ciribob is working to remove that dependency at which point that will be more likely. In the meantime you can choose one ATIS and one frequency.

Edited by Home Fries

Sage, this is possible. Just do so from your dedicated server and use autohotkey to keep the mic on.

Ciribob gave a more in depth description a few pages back when we were discussing a Radio Mayok alternative.

Oh yeah. I remember seeing your post about that. LOL over a hundred pages in this thread now... forgot about it. Darn, thought I was being all smart and original. :) :)

It is a cool idea though, the live ATIS. We run pretty small missions, but for the large stuff like the 132nd does, that would be pretty neat.

I just can't say enough how amazed I am at this program. Ciribob, you should sign a whole bunch of weird Russian paperwork and sell this thing to ED for official integration into DCSW. :greedy:

:doh: Never mind, what am I thinking, then it would go away and not be implemented until 2019 (:music_whistling::D:D:D -Text only medium Disclaimer-The previous comments were 100% a joke)

Only two hold outs to go then our entire Squadron will be up and running on SRS. Good times.

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

Some help would be great! I've not had time to work properly on it for over a week now due to work commitments and its getting a little big for just one person... I didnt really know C# before this project, just java so language wise its no worries.

I am actually thinking of rewriting the core audio engine in C++ and using the C++/CLI bridging to talk to the .NET UI and the non performance critical code.

PM me your skype if you don't mind and we'll arrange a time so I can talk you through the main design if you like? Its a little convoluted and needs a lot of refactoring

Are you still considering rewriting audio in C++? Or did upgrading to 64-bit fix the performance? I have another C++ project where I'm going to record audio, so I could definitely look into that for this project aswell.

I would be very grateful if someone could identify my problem with SRS. I am getting very inconsistent log in to the SRS Client. While I am shown on the Server list correctly by name, the SRS Client list will, more often than not, give no name, no colour on my coalition indicator, and the usual two 'Kick' and 'Ban' tabs.

I can log on consistently using my old (Win 7) PC, but only irregularly on my new Win10 one. However, examination of the Log files, shows no significant differences. After start they identify my devices, check for an up-to-date SRS version, and then happily ping away every 25 seconds until I exit, when they close down in an identical fashion.

I use Helios and a number of widely used mods, the latter installed using JGSME. I have tried removing and re-installing these mods, with no consistent results.

I would welcome any suggestions as to the probable problem.

Would you mind double checking the DCS-SRSGameGUI.lua is in your DCS scripts folder?

Thats the file that sends your Side and player name.

If its there an up-to-date try changed the line here:

https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/blob/master/Scripts/DCS-SRSGameGUI.lua#L8

to false

SRS.unicast = false

The name is sometimes missing on the server interface (if you click kick you'll see it though) but the coalition should always be correct.

For singleplayer your coalition will always be spectator but it should be pretty much instant in multiplayer when you switch around through the slots.

Hopefully that helps!

Oh yeah. I remember seeing your post about that. LOL over a hundred pages in this thread now... forgot about it. Darn, thought I was being all smart and original. :) :)

It is a cool idea though, the live ATIS. We run pretty small missions, but for the large stuff like the 132nd does, that would be pretty neat.

I just can't say enough how amazed I am at this program. Ciribob, you should sign a whole bunch of weird Russian paperwork and sell this thing to ED for official integration into DCSW. :greedy:

:doh: Never mind, what am I thinking, then it would go away and not be implemented until 2019 (:music_whistling::D:D:D -Text only medium Disclaimer-The previous comments were 100% a joke)

Only two hold outs to go then our entire Squadron will be up and running on SRS. Good times.

Glad its working well for you guys! If they want it, they can have it, its open source :D

It's not quite there yet though, still lots and lots to do, but not had the time for a while now which is a shame as I really enjoy working on this project.

For your other question of how to do a broadcast:

• Install SRS on your server host
  • Install something like Virtual Audio Cable (http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Cable/ - Donation Ware)
  • Start up your SRS Server - Make sure Secure Coalition Radios is OFF and Spectator Audio is Enabled. If you don't only one side or the other will be able to hear the radio depending on the slot you put the server host in.
  • Start up dedicated DCS Server - Setup Mission and launch
  • Start up SRS Client and select the audio input as the Virtual Audio Cable
  • Tune SRS Client to the frequency you want to transmit on
  • Select Radio and Force PTT with autohotkey
  • Set Virtual Audio cable as the default output device (or a good media player that lets you pick speakers)
  • Play music from youtube, stream internet radio, stream from LiveATC .... What ever
  • Optionally join a particular slot if you have secure coalitions radios on (you can only be on one side at a time so only one side will hear you)

No issues with bandwidth as SRS will down-sample and handle all that.

Are you still considering rewriting audio in C++? Or did upgrading to 64-bit fix the performance? I have another C++ project where I'm going to record audio, so I could definitely look into that for this project aswell.

I'm still pondering it. I'm torn because I assume it must be some latency that only appears under certain conditions that causes the distortion as on a local PC or a few local PC's I can't replicate, even to a remote server. Good sample though from somewhere here showing the issue: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/issues/148

BUT rewriting it is quite a big task that I really don't want to embark on unless I have too.

If you want to help me debug the audio pipeline first that would be grand but I'll let you know if I start on the C++ pipeline. Been investigation Port Audio and a bit left field of switching the whole lot to Golang...

• Like 1

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Ok, so now that I'm finally using this....

Ability to make presets in the overlay/set a hot key to change them.

Ability to turn on/off freq limit/real world limitations on the overlay.

Would those two things be something that could be implemented in future updates if you decide it's worth it?

The first I ask as a VR user... for when you're stuck in an FC3 aircraft it is Hella rough to switch freqs since you either have the mouse locked to dcs or are in full screen mode.

The second is not near as important, just something I noticed building a mission last night. The squad is flying F5's and M2KCs but for this mission I have one guy in an su25t for sead and a guest flyer who only has the su27.

From a strictly game play pov, it would be great to be able to cheat the two Russian fc3 planes to mimic the mirage radio. When the 18C comes, less important as you don't need the 25t anymore, but just something I was thinking about.

Take care,

Sage

EDIT: Guess if the second thing could happen it would need to be something that can be allowed/not allowed on the server side part of the program so it didn't become an actual cheat for those that use it on public servers...

Edited by SageOT

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

Thanks for the input, Ciribob. I have managed to get SRS operating more consistently, after removing a number of mods, but am unconvinced that the mod removal had a lot to do with it settling down. I will let it run for a week or two to confirm that it is stable, then I will gradually re-introduce the more useful mods. If I positively identify a culprit I will publish it on the forum.

I have confirmed that all the required file are where they should be, and will hold over changing the line you suggest unless it falls over again.

Thanks again for SRS, and your unstinting willingness to try and resolve problems.

Ok, so now that I'm finally using this....

Ability to make presets in the overlay/set a hot key to change them.

Ability to turn on/off freq limit/real world limitations on the overlay.

Would those two things be something that could be implemented in future updates if you decide it's worth it?

The first I ask as a VR user... for when you're stuck in an FC3 aircraft it is Hella rough to switch freqs since you either have the mouse locked to dcs or are in full screen mode.

The second is not near as important, just something I noticed building a mission last night. The squad is flying F5's and M2KCs but for this mission I have one guy in an su25t for sead and a guest flyer who only has the su27.

From a strictly game play pov, it would be great to be able to cheat the two Russian fc3 planes to mimic the mirage radio. When the 18C comes, less important as you don't need the 25t anymore, but just something I was thinking about.

Take care,

Sage

EDIT: Guess if the second thing could happen it would need to be something that can be allowed/not allowed on the server side part of the program so it didn't become an actual cheat for those that use it on public servers...

Your second request is already in as a server-side option :) Turn on expansion radios which'll give nearly all aircraft extra radios to ensure everyone can easily communicate with everyone else.

For presets, it's something on the list but probably not for a while as I've not programmed on the radio for over two weeks (or even flown for an hour :( ) due to work commitments, sorry all.

Thanks for the input, Ciribob. I have managed to get SRS operating more consistently, after removing a number of mods, but am unconvinced that the mod removal had a lot to do with it settling down. I will let it run for a week or two to confirm that it is stable, then I will gradually re-introduce the more useful mods. If I positively identify a culprit I will publish it on the forum.

I have confirmed that all the required file are where they should be, and will hold over changing the line you suggest unless it falls over again.

Thanks again for SRS, and your unstinting willingness to try and resolve problems.

Glad to hear its settled down. If you ever do find the culprit, please let me know :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I am still having problems with SRS. It works OK in both DCS 1.5.4 and 2.0. However in 1.5.5 I am unable to get the radios to show on the overlay - instead I get three "No Radio" titles.

I have uninstalled and re-installed without any effect, and the three Saved Games\...\Scripts folders are identical. I also show up on the Server SR-Client list, by name and coalition, in all three DCS versions. Finally, I have also tried a DCS repair on V 1.5.5.

Before I delete my 1.5.5 version and download afresh, are there anymore suggestions that anyone can make.

Fly out the last time we had an issue like this we simply deleted the config.lua file and SRS. Ran DCS repair and reloaded SRS and the problem was resolved.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I am still having problems with SRS. It works OK in both DCS 1.5.4 and 2.0. However in 1.5.5 I am unable to get the radios to show on the overlay - instead I get three "No Radio" titles.

I have uninstalled and re-installed without any effect, and the three Saved Games\...\Scripts folders are identical. I also show up on the Server SR-Client list, by name and coalition, in all three DCS versions. Finally, I have also tried a DCS repair on V 1.5.5.

Before I delete my 1.5.5 version and download afresh, are there anymore suggestions that anyone can make.

SR not working with 1.5.5

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

SR not working with 1.5.5

SIerra, I'm not sure which config.lua you mean. Where is it located?

Remove the TacView line from your Export.lua.

Confirmed working on 1.5.5 with that line removed.

Hope that helps! :)

Because this thread is getting beefy I am going to ask rather than search I hope you will be kind :)

I took on the role of JTAC last night using 1.2.9.1 and had the awacs radio overlay up. Everyone could hear me talking on the relevant frequencies but I could hear no reply.

I was using AAA emplacements and Hummvees to JTAC from anyone have any ideas why I had problems?

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have had the same problem as Cibit with all limiting effects disabled. Sometimes it works but then suddenly stops working. This same problem affects both AWACS and spectator audio. This problem occurs mostly between aircrafts and AWACS/Spectator. So if I can't hear transmissions from aircrafts I can still hear them from other spectators and then if I get in a plane I can hear transmissions from other planes also. But if I go back to spectator, I can't hear transmissions from planes again.

DCS Finland: Suomalainen DCS yhteisö -- Finnish DCS community

--------------------------------------------------

SF Squadron

Check spectator audio is enabled and coalition security is disabled

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Check spectator audio is enabled and coalition security is disabled

Confirmed SA enabled

CS disabled

Do I have to be in a vehicle with radio's IE not a manpad or AAA emplacment when using the AWACS panel?

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Confirmed SA enabled

CS disabled

Do I have to be in a vehicle with radio's IE not a manpad or AAA emplacment when using the AWACS panel?

Nope should work... Will try to check on the weekend.

Could you try the normal overlay rather than the AWACS one?

Sorry on mobile

I'm still pondering it. I'm torn because I assume it must be some latency that only appears under certain conditions that causes the distortion as on a local PC or a few local PC's I can't replicate, even to a remote server. Good sample though from somewhere here showing the issue: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/issues/148

BUT rewriting it is quite a big task that I really don't want to embark on unless I have too.

If you want to help me debug the audio pipeline first that would be grand but I'll let you know if I start on the C++ pipeline.

Cool!

Been investigation Port Audio and a bit left field of switching the whole lot to Golang...

Sorry, didn't quite understand. Are you considering porting the project to Golang?

Ciribob, thanks for the advice to delete the Tacview line in my export.lua to allow radios to be recognised in 1.5.5. That did the trick!

Strange that the tacview line plus many hundred of helios lines had no such effect in 1.5.4 or 2.0. I just hope that the forthcoming 1.5.5 update sorts it out.

On more general note, as a senior-citizen who began flying training with the RAF in 1961, I have been inculcated not to get into an aircraft until I know its workings up, down and sideways. I still read manuals for pleasure - when you can get them. I appreciate that things develop much faster today, but I do long to know more about the inner workings of stuff before I use it. I realise that I am asking a lot of developers who work for nothing to produce these mods, but I do feel very 'naked' putting them on my computer without a clue about what they do or how they do it.

As all my old instructors used to say RFTM!" - Ah! those were the days.

Edit: I have now updated to 1.5.5 Release, and, as I feared, I can now only use SRS if the SRS line is the only line in my Export.lua - No Tacview and no Helios. Does anyone have any suggestions. DCS 2.0 continues to tolerate Helios output, Tacview and SRS in the Export.lua.

Edited by flyco