104th Phoenix Dedicated Server Info - Page 143 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-19-2017, 09:32 PM   #1421
microvax

Reputation power: 5
microvax has a spectacular aura aboutmicrovax has a spectacular aura aboutmicrovax has a spectacular aura aboutmicrovax has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn880 View Post
A) Alright, but I'm not on those forums, and it appears I am banned as I can't see the server using my usual IP. I never got any notice from anyone. So I kind of shouldn't have to register to a forum. Maybe they just made a mistake an banned some range of IPs, or it's some ED/DCS bug.

B) An IP , I'm not going to post it here right. It's only my IP/ISP that seems to not see the server. Others see it.

Also it's funny you respond to this message microvax, because I just noticed you posted a disapproval to one of my posts here in this thread with this amazing threat:

104th Phoenix Dedicated... 03-08-2017 07:15 PM microvax https://i.imgflip.com/1l10w2.jpg
Have you checked where your traffic gets trashed then ?
Maybe just your ISP did break things, I mean its rare but it happend to me at least once. Not with the 104th server, but in general.
Apart from that, I think its pretty legid to register to a forum of a an organisation which runs probably the most imprinting server of a multiplayer enviroment for everyone without requiring any donation etc. from anyone who wants to play there while running a DCS server is actually a pretty hefty investment thanks to DCS glorious way to host a server...

And for the IP, is it your ISP or your IP. Like I really dont know if you actually checked from another address from the same address space or if you are just generalizing very heavily.

There is v4 where everyone pretty much only considers non RFC1918 address space for these things, but I don't know behind what kind of el weirdo NAT/Firewall/ISP your machine is sitting so I am genuily asking what type, not even talking of v6 where there is 3 types of addresses and 3 different scopes.
Then the question would be, is it really "yours" a la static ip or do you just have $consumer service from $ISP ?

And yes that meme is totally mine, I love it and it did fit perfectly well and expressed my disagreement with your tactics with a little humorous sidenote.

Legid reason I am answering you: My average post count per day hints that I am a pretty active forum member. The 104th thread is a pretty central part of the Multiplayer subforum together with the buddyspike thread. I am spending most of my DCS time in Multiplayer, thats why there is a realtively large interest on my side to participate here.
A) Was a legid hint, the helpdesk over there is imho really good.
B) Was both actually a question to figure out any non baning reason and stating that I am disagreeing with such an allegation just based on that vague information about your issue. And I stand by that.

And BTW an IP is not a piece of personal information at all. One can literally scan V4 address space in 20 minutes and its per definition public as soon as you use anything. I am pretty amused to say the least.

But here for you personally I grabbed the according section from by now pretty aged RFC 791:
Security

This option provides a way for hosts to send security,
compartmentation, handling restrictions, and TCC (closed user
group) parameters. The format for this option is as follows:

+--------+--------+---//---+---//---+---//---+---//---+
|10000010|00001011|SSS SSS|CCC CCC|HHH HHH| TCC |
+--------+--------+---//---+---//---+---//---+---//---+
Type=130 Length=11

Security (S field): 16 bits

Specifies one of 16 levels of security (eight of which are
reserved for future use).

00000000 00000000 - Unclassified
11110001 00110101 - Confidential
01111000 10011010 - EFTO
10111100 01001101 - MMMM
01011110 00100110 - PROG
10101111 00010011 - Restricted
11010111 10001000 - Secret
01101011 11000101 - Top Secret
00110101 11100010 - (Reserved for future use)
10011010 11110001 - (Reserved for future use)
01001101 01111000 - (Reserved for future use)
00100100 10111101 - (Reserved for future use)
00010011 01011110 - (Reserved for future use)
10001001 10101111 - (Reserved for future use)
11000100 11010110 - (Reserved for future use)
11100010 01101011 - (Reserved for future use)

Problem is your packets will probably get discarded left right and center for using a very unusual option.
Maybee thats the problem.

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Last edited by microvax; 03-19-2017 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Added RFC791 security reference
microvax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:45 PM   #1422
bn880

Reputation power: 6
bn880 will become famous soon enoughbn880 will become famous soon enough

Right, well i can't really answer too much of the IP stuff here. I will look into it a bit more when time permits and contact some 104th admins if needed. I know it isn't strictly my equipment blocking the traffic that's as much as I can say.

As for the neg reputation: I think it was really low of you as it was not necessary for that post at all, but now I did return the neg favor so lets consider it even. Regardless: I would advise you to not try and stick to the meme as almost everything on the servers is recorded, and I won't hesitate to bring you up on a virtual court martial with anyone necessary :p
Old 03-19-2017, 09:51 PM   #1423
microvax

Reputation power: 5
microvax has a spectacular aura aboutmicrovax has a spectacular aura aboutmicrovax has a spectacular aura aboutmicrovax has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Right, well i can't really answer too much of the IP stuff here. I will look into it a bit more when time permits and contact some 104th admins if needed. I know it isn't strictly my equipment blocking the traffic that's as much as I can say.

As for the neg reputation: I think it was really low of you as it was not necessary for that post at all, but now I did return the neg favor so lets consider it even. Regardless: I would advise you to not try and stick to the meme as almost everything on the servers is recorded, and I won't hesitate to bring you up on a virtual court martial with anyone necessary :p

yeah that is fine, I participate in that forum game as well.

Reputation system is kind of a mini game nobody even gets how the points get distributed, I think.
But yeah we are even with that I guess. I will be carefull not to STT you to much if I ever find you !

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?
microvax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:29 AM   #1424
Sarraceno

Reputation power: 1
Sarraceno is on a distinguished road

Awesome server you guys got there! 200 ping and still runs smooth 95% of time
Sarraceno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:39 AM   #1425
Oceandar

Reputation power: 14
Oceandar has a spectacular aura aboutOceandar has a spectacular aura aboutOceandar has a spectacular aura about

I have the same problem, can't connect to 104th (protocol error, stream error thingy). I can't even ping 104th server. It seem some IP range from my country have been banned (shrug). I did chat to one of guys from 104th member in TS to see the problem and he told me that I'm not in banned list.
Here is the question : let just say it actually correct that some IP range have been banned. How long the ban to take effect ? 1,2 3 months ? I now can't remember the last time I could join the server.

Thanks
Old 03-20-2017, 11:29 AM   #1426
winchesterdelta1

Reputation power: 15
winchesterdelta1 is just really nicewinchesterdelta1 is just really nicewinchesterdelta1 is just really nicewinchesterdelta1 is just really nicewinchesterdelta1 is just really nicewinchesterdelta1 is just really nicewinchesterdelta1 is just really nicewinchesterdelta1 is just really nicewinchesterdelta1 is just really nicewinchesterdelta1 is just really nicewinchesterdelta1 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamscanner View Post
NCTR uses Jet Engine Modulation and High Range resolution to perform target recognition. So yes, the A-50 would be identified as an IL-76.

Perhaps because that particular Boeing 707 is squawking mode 4 IFF, the system calls it the E-3..
I have no clue what you just said (NCTR??). I don't dispute that the A-50 should/can be shown as IL-76. I just thought it was strange cause it was always shown as A50 on F-15 radar ID before. And the E-3 was not changed to show 707. But it's a logical explanation that the E3 will show up as E3 because of the IFF transponder. Not a big deal doh.. was just curious. Thank you for the answer.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:02 PM   #1427
simo1000rr

Reputation power: 3
simo1000rr will become famous soon enoughsimo1000rr will become famous soon enoughsimo1000rr will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by winchesterdelta1 View Post
I have no clue what you just said (NCTR??)..
I think he means the Non-cooperative target recognition that the western aircraft are equipped with .
simo1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:38 PM   #1428
bn880

Reputation power: 6
bn880 will become famous soon enoughbn880 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceandar View Post
I have the same problem, can't connect to 104th (protocol error, stream error thingy). I can't even ping 104th server. It seem some IP range from my country have been banned (shrug). I did chat to one of guys from 104th member in TS to see the problem and he told me that I'm not in banned list.
Here is the question : let just say it actually correct that some IP range have been banned. How long the ban to take effect ? 1,2 3 months ? I now can't remember the last time I could join the server.

Thanks
Hey, protocol error/ stream error are usually experienced when the server is too busy (example mission restarting and too many people joining at the same time). It doesn't look like a ban IMHO, but someone can correct me if they know better. More likely something like bad connection to server (high ping, dropped packets along the route?). It's terrible because some of those issues require the intervention of your ISP to contact people up stream between you and the server. Which they almost never want to do.

[my problem of not seeing the server is also weird, haven't looked into it yet, but possibly if it was an IP ban on a router it would make sense (as opposed to game/Sl mod ban)]
Old 03-20-2017, 10:24 PM   #1429
SDsc0rch

Reputation power: 8
SDsc0rch is a jewel in the roughSDsc0rch is a jewel in the roughSDsc0rch is a jewel in the roughSDsc0rch is a jewel in the roughSDsc0rch is a jewel in the roughSDsc0rch is a jewel in the roughSDsc0rch is a jewel in the rough

is there ANY way we can possibly mix up the order how the missions appear in the rotation? not kidding... i've flown armageddon now about fifteen trillion times - tired of it already
thankyouverymuch
*sigh*

SDsc0rch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:52 PM   #1430
Oceandar

Reputation power: 14
Oceandar has a spectacular aura aboutOceandar has a spectacular aura aboutOceandar has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Hey, protocol error/ stream error are usually experienced when the server is too busy (example mission restarting and too many people joining at the same time). It doesn't look like a ban IMHO, but someone can correct me if they know better. More likely something like bad connection to server (high ping, dropped packets along the route?). It's terrible because some of those issues require the intervention of your ISP to contact people up stream between you and the server. Which they almost never want to do.

[my problem of not seeing the server is also weird, haven't looked into it yet, but possibly if it was an IP ban on a router it would make sense (as opposed to game/Sl mod ban)]
Nope, I tried to connect countless time when server had only below 10 clients and my ping was acceptable (around 250) and still to no avail