How to see anything of "combined Arms"? - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-20-2017, 02:03 PM   #11
artmustel

Reputation power: 1
artmustel will become famous soon enoughartmustel will become famous soon enough

I tried it in Caucasus, however missions ask for a plane or an helicopter that I don't own (A10-C and Ka-50). But i won't worry too much for this since the only reason I have it is because CA was bundled with Nevada.

Thanks!
artmustel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:15 PM   #12
plexi

Reputation power: 5
plexi is on a distinguished road

Hi Artmustel.

I have found that once you have created a mission for yourself with ground vehicles or joined a mission with the same i go into the map and up on the task bar usually the 1st icon on the left is a vehicle icon. I click that and it puts me in the vehicle i have chosen or highlighted on the map. I have noticed that some multiplayer servers have CA and i have used the same technique and have had no problems. Hope this helps in some way.

Regards

Plexi
plexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:17 PM   #13
Paganus

Reputation power: 11
Paganus is just really nicePaganus is just really nicePaganus is just really nicePaganus is just really nicePaganus is just really nicePaganus is just really nicePaganus is just really nicePaganus is just really nicePaganus is just really nice

Go in the mission editor. Place any units you want to try in CA. In the editor add slots for JTAC, Commander, or Game master, if you want to assume 3D control of them. (Icon on left frame looks like 2 flags)

Start the mission, go into the F10 screen. When you click on a unit it will highlight. At the bottom left you will see the control panel. This is used to issue orders from the map. If you want to take 3D control, find the icon at the top of the F10 screen that looks like a tank. When you click it you will jump into the unit. Different units have different views and positions. You can setup your controls the same way you do for aircraft.

Last edited by Paganus; 03-20-2017 at 03:19 PM. Reason: typos
Paganus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:05 PM   #14
feefifofum

Reputation power: 8
feefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nice

On the left side bar in the mission editor, you will see a flag icon.

Click this to add tactical commander positions to either red or blue.

Load the mission normally and select the "tactical commander" slot and off you go! You'll be dumped into the F10 map and will be able to control of any vehicle that has the "player can drive" option checked (enabled by default), either directly or indirectly in the manner described by the other posters here.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:41 AM   #15
hornet1a

Reputation power: 13
hornet1a will become famous soon enoughhornet1a will become famous soon enough

Sadly right now,to use the Combined Arms module with the Nevada map you have to create your own mission.

Here is a YouTube video that attempt to explain how to a place a single unit with the mission editor and the take control of this unit in game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp0Rq9y-40M

Select the high resolution option if available.

Sorry for the missing mouse pointer:it was not captured by the software(MSI AfterBurner) when i recorded this video.
hornet1a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 01:33 PM   #16
feefifofum

feefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nice

Not at all the case.
Open your existing mission; click the flag on the left sidebar, and add a tactical commander slot to whichever side you want to control. Check "pilot can control vehicles" if you want to run them via the F10 map from a jet.

Make sure "player can drive" is checked on any vehicle groups you want to control.

Post your .miz if you'd like and I will set it up so you can see how to do it for future ops.
Old 03-24-2017, 02:30 PM   #17
hornet1a

You're right (my bad) Feefifofum:any ground unit in a mission created for The Nevada map with the "player can drive" option can be controlled once a tactical commander slot as been selected.

This can also be used with the "create fast mission" if you use the advanced mode:click "generate mission",click "edit mission",then select a tactical CMDR slot in the mission editor.

One of the problem with the fast created mission is that the ground unit are far from each other,but you can easily move them closer in the mission editor.

And maybe delete some attack aircraft from the opposite side if your want to reduce the difficulty level.
Old 03-24-2017, 02:42 PM   #18
Brixmis

Brixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really nice

I tell you what, it can be great fun and epic entertainment just loading up a good mission then jumping into a ground unit and watching the battle being fought, from ground level.

Watching the aircraft come in to strike your side's units and you or them trying to take it out with AAA is just a whole load of fun. Especially when you can hear the plane coming in, but have to find it with the Mk1 eyeball, whilst anticipating it's rounds striking at any moment.

Completely different experience to being the pilot
Brixmis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 02:02 PM   #19
hornet1a

Just uploaded such mission:its a big tank battle near Las Vegas, i did use the "fast mission creator" and then modified it for Combined Arms.
You will need DCS World 2.0
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/2478363/
Old 03-25-2017, 02:07 PM   #20
hornet1a

Also uploaded an easy target range mission.
Description: A simple target range training mission with the M1A2
your target are static tanks and APC and 2 moving unarmed truck that will not shoot back.
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/2473125/