Decol warning light - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-18-2017, 10:32 AM   #1
fulcrum_64th

Reputation power: 6
fulcrum_64th is on a distinguished road
Default Decol warning light

Hello,

During the start up, I have mistakenly touched the trim. I got an alarm and the warming light decol(i.e. Wrong takeoff config). How can I reset that ? I.e. Set the trim back to correct config and get the warning light off.

Best

Fulcrum

win 10x64 - Asus Rampage V Extrem - I7 5930K@4.5GHz - Samsung 850 pro SSD - RAM Corsair 32GB DDR4 2800 - Corsair H100i - Asus Geforce 1080 Ti - Philips BDM4065UC 4K monitor - oculus rift cv1 and a few other goodies
fulcrum_64th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:37 AM   #2
CrashO

Reputation power: 3
CrashO is a jewel in the roughCrashO is a jewel in the roughCrashO is a jewel in the roughCrashO is a jewel in the roughCrashO is a jewel in the roughCrashO is a jewel in the rough

Turn autopilot on and off again.
CrashO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 10:43 AM   #3
fulcrum_64th

Thanks a lot CrashO. I'll try it now.

win 10x64 - Asus Rampage V Extrem - I7 5930K@4.5GHz - Samsung 850 pro SSD - RAM Corsair 32GB DDR4 2800 - Corsair H100i - Asus Geforce 1080 Ti - Philips BDM4065UC 4K monitor - oculus rift cv1 and a few other goodies
Old 03-18-2017, 10:51 AM   #4
The_Tau

Reputation power: 1
The_Tau is on a distinguished road

Actually there is Trim reset button, little black one right under G-limter switch. Unfortunatly u cannot map it on controler or keyboard. But if u start from cold, you are supposed to test your FBW after engine start, to make DECOL go away (according to start-up procedure)
The_Tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 12:04 PM   #5
myHelljumper

Reputation power: 5
myHelljumper is a jewel in the roughmyHelljumper is a jewel in the roughmyHelljumper is a jewel in the roughmyHelljumper is a jewel in the roughmyHelljumper is a jewel in the roughmyHelljumper is a jewel in the rough

You can also double tap the auto-pilot stand by button on the HOTAS, it reset the trim.

VEAF - Virtual European AirForce
http://www.veaf.org/fr/

Helljumper's Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3...UxPbWHvJJ3W2fA
myHelljumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 12:34 PM   #6
fulcrum_64th

thanks guys !

Old 03-19-2017, 08:22 PM   #7
Azrayen
ED Translator

Reputation power: 29
Azrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Tau View Post
Actually there is Trim reset button
It's not a "simple" trim reset, it's a full FCS reset button. But sure, it also resets trim.

Now, a simpler way to achieve OP's goal (and a more realistic too) is to use the AP standby trigger. I advise to map this on a button accessible while flying, because its purpose is to be presed while you have your hand on the stick. With the HOTAS Warthog, I use the "trigger" at the front base of the stick.

AP Standby => trim reset. And it's mapped (or should be!) so it's readily available.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:55 PM   #8
kontiuka
ED Translator

Reputation power: 16
kontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nicekontiuka is just really nice

A little off topic but I get the Decol warning light sometimes when I land and the nose wheel touches the runway. Anybody else get this or know why the warning comes on?
kontiuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:50 PM   #9
The_Tau

Reputation power: 1
The_Tau is on a distinguished road

Did u trimmed before during flight?
The_Tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:06 PM   #10
Catseye

Reputation power: 8
Catseye is a jewel in the roughCatseye is a jewel in the roughCatseye is a jewel in the roughCatseye is a jewel in the roughCatseye is a jewel in the roughCatseye is a jewel in the roughCatseye is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontiuka View Post
A little off topic but I get the Decol warning light sometimes when I land and the nose wheel touches the runway. Anybody else get this or know why the warning comes on?
You may have retrimmed the aircraft in flight and the setup is probably not suitable for a landing configuration - but easy to resolve.

Reset the trim before landing - key mapped to my joystick and I reset it when I see the decole alert.

Cheers
Catseye is offline   Reply With Quote