2017, Forum Moderation - Page 14 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-13-2017, 11:39 AM   #131
Pikey

Reputation power: 30
Pikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of light

Gratz Bignewy! You've always been super helpful to me and over the last years as steady as a rock, well done.

My favourite part of this post has to be:
Moderator's attempt to be open and approachable....get unfriended on facebook.

No need to take the moral high ground there, it seems the low level can get lower...
Pikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 12:25 PM   #132
dburne
Veteran

Reputation power: 23
dburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nicedburne is just really nice

I subscribe to a few forums, and I will say this forum has always been by far the best that I subscribe to.
It is the most civil, with members that show respect and are always willing to help no matter how stupid the question may sound. By far.

Great job to all of those involved, and congrats guys!

EVGA X79 Dark MB|4820K @ 4.50 Ghz|16gb Corsair Platinum 2133 Mhz| EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite |VPC Mongoose |Warthog Throttle|MFG Crosswind Pedals|Oculus Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit
dburne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 03:04 PM   #133
BIGNEWY
Community Manager

Reputation power: 76
BIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to beholdBIGNEWY is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dburne View Post
I subscribe to a few forums, and I will say this forum has always been by far the best that I subscribe to.
It is the most civil, with members that show respect and are always willing to help no matter how stupid the question may sound. By far.

Great job to all of those involved, and congrats guys!
Same for me, it is all about keeping it civil, respectful and helpful. I tried in other places but found them disrespectful on occasions to users and DCS, but I suppose that is the internet in a nut shell.

Last edited by BIGNEWY; 01-14-2017 at 07:27 PM.
BIGNEWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 03:38 PM   #134
Vitormouraa

Reputation power: 45
Vitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to beholdVitormouraa is a splendid one to behold

Good job guys, thanks for everything, y'll are awesome, thanks y'll for making this, a great community, it's an honor to be part of this.

No doubt.. this is the greatest community I've ever seen..

SplashOneGaming is a community of viewers, players, and content creators built on combat flight simulation. Flowing through our veins is years of flight simulation experience in a multitude of different platforms. We welcome and encourage all of you to join us, whether you are seasoned or green, looking to learn, teach, or just trying to find someone to fly with.
Discord
Website
Vitormouraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:02 PM   #135
DragonFlySlayer

Reputation power: 0
DragonFlySlayer is on a distinguished road
Default Flanker 2.0

I remember Flanker 2.0! I think that sim was ahead of it's time from looking at system requirements on the box from the way we used to buy flight sims. I still have a Flaming cliff's manual. The books that used to be printed out and come with them I wished I would have saved all of them. Then I remember Flaming Cliffs and how it evolved to FC3. Then quickly came LOMAC. And then into years and DCS worlds and all the directions we have been led into with many great qualities and things present. I always enjoyed the original Russian Music theme in Flanker 2.0. Even years later with a much more powerful machine one could hardly or almost max out Flanker's settings. It really was some interesting work. I just wanted to say hello and I was hoping that maybe I could get a slight briefing or a link to any info regarding the Hornet project. Ya know, I remember once when everybody was jumping up and down one year when LOMAC was being almost ready to be released. Seemed like everyone was asking if the Hornets in LOMAC would be flyable and we would get a "No" answer from ED.
I have recently purchased the Mirage 2000 C. The whole action in DCS worlds is pretty stellar. Like flying low level and the overall action of the module is interesting. I purchased a really hot PC too that maxes out all the settings. That was a must!
Once during the LOMAC years I inquired to ED about how nice it would be to have a Hornet and they seem to understand but informed me that being a Russian development team the information at that time was classified so it made it impossible for ED to create a FA18, was what I was told. But now years later we have seen small peaks of possibilities and I was just hoping only because I have awaited for so long... well... maybe ... just maybe you could at least inform me if the Hornet project is still in the works or not. Hopefully it is. I'm thinking it is in my own mind. Last year Wagner had informed me politely that realistically a beta version could be released within next year which is now this year 2017. 03-20-17 today.

Alright... I do go back a ways. Flanker was the beginning wasn't it? Yup... from buying boxed up products with printed manuals and possible game updates on the website to DCS worlds and downloads to PDF manuals. It has been a nice ride.

So here I sit. With my MFG Crosswinds, Warthog system. Those beautiful German made aluminum desk mounts from Monster Machine co. An i78 core plasma cooled CPU with 32 Gigs or RAM. my little Gforce 980TI. Mackie HR8 Studio Monitors for sound. TrackIRv5.

I think you guys do the best work and are a leader in this industry. I have always been informed that it is a labor of love and it is a great deal of work involved with little to no profits.
So were lucky we have what we have. I hope we can get even more lucky.

Respectfully

Marc
DragonFlySlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:18 PM   #136
cichlidfan
Veteran

Reputation power: 117
cichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to beholdcichlidfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFlySlayer View Post
...just maybe you could at least inform me if the Hornet project is still in the works or not.
Umm...

https://forums.eagle.ru/announcement.php?f=66

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=168861
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1

Last edited by cichlidfan; 03-20-2017 at 05:20 PM.
cichlidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:38 PM   #137
uscstaylor

Reputation power: 10
uscstaylor is a jewel in the roughuscstaylor is a jewel in the roughuscstaylor is a jewel in the roughuscstaylor is a jewel in the roughuscstaylor is a jewel in the roughuscstaylor is a jewel in the rough

Can someone tell me why I'm seeing Russian in the top of the header I speak English and for the life of me cant make out the Russian language, thanks

Never mind I fixed it. Thanks

http://www.vvma-231.com/

Spoiler:
Asus Z-170E Motherboard, Intel i7- 6700K @ 4.2 Ghz, Water Cooled | 2TB FireCuda Gaming SSHD l 32gb Cruicbal Ballistix Sport LT DDR4 2400 Mhz l Gigayte GeForce GTX 1070 Xtreme video card | TM Warthog HOTAS+ Extension|T-Rudder Pedals Mk. III |Track IR5 Pro| Windows 10 64 bit
uscstaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:49 PM   #138
sobek
Veteran

Reputation power: 186
sobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud of

Scroll to the very bottom of the page, on the left there's a drop down menu. Select english.
sobek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:56 PM   #139
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

Reputation power: 58
Yurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscstaylor View Post
Can someone tell me why I'm seeing Russian in the top of the header I speak English and for the life of me cant make out the Russian language, thanks

Never mind I fixed it. Thanks
Maybe someone else will have the same problem in the future. If you describe your solution, it might help them.

Come to think of it, you could post a quick message to Forum and Site Issues describing your problem and your solution, and then just post a link here to that other message.

Edit: And what Sobek said, obviously.
Old 03-22-2017, 04:42 PM   #140
Echo38

Reputation power: 18
Echo38 is a glorious beacon of lightEcho38 is a glorious beacon of lightEcho38 is a glorious beacon of lightEcho38 is a glorious beacon of lightEcho38 is a glorious beacon of lightEcho38 is a glorious beacon of lightEcho38 is a glorious beacon of lightEcho38 is a glorious beacon of lightEcho38 is a glorious beacon of lightEcho38 is a glorious beacon of lightEcho38 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
My favourite part of this post has to be:
Moderator's attempt to be open and approachable....get unfriended on facebook.

No need to take the moral high ground there, it seems the low level can get lower...
Huh?

Last edited by Echo38; 03-22-2017 at 04:46 PM.
Echo38 is offline   Reply With Quote