Activation/Deactivation Process Obsolete! - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-15-2017, 11:08 AM   #1
Focha

Reputation power: 13
Focha will become famous soon enoughFocha will become famous soon enough
Default Activation/Deactivation Process Obsolete!

Hi all,

This is specially for the ED team.

DCS as expanded way beyond from the first days of LOMAC/FC. We now days have multiple modules either produced by ED or third parties.

With this growing the current activation/deactivation process is quickly becoming obsolete.

Anyone who have had to format the disk know that is a time consuming process to deactivate all the modules and sometimes just don't do it.

The reverse also applies, with the difference that is obligatory to do it if you want the modules active.

I don't have advanced knowledge in what the process involved in the StarForce is but I assume that by this time it should be different as you have a login inside DCS executable and the modules owned are showed there.

By now I only have a few activation left due to this problem, except in one module, Mig-21 which got replenished.

But that is not the problem since if you run out of activations, this will happen, unless you have to insert the keys for different versions of DCS, in that case you will have to wait one month to be able to active, but I am not sure if that happens.

So, is it possible to ED to create a new activation/deactivation system more current and less time consuming?

Thank you for your attention on this matter.

Kind regards.
ASUS P5Q-PRO|E8400 @ 3.00GHz|8 GB DDR2 Black Dragon Quad Channel @ 800 MHz|NVIDIA GF GTX 660 2 Gb|SB X-Fi Audio|500 Gb HD SATA III Main|250 Gb HD SATA II Backup|TIR4|Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Pedals|Win 7 64 bits

Last edited by Focha; 03-15-2017 at 11:10 AM. Reason: spelling
Focha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 03:35 PM   #2
BitMaster
Veteran

Reputation power: 17
BitMaster is just really niceBitMaster is just really niceBitMaster is just really niceBitMaster is just really niceBitMaster is just really niceBitMaster is just really niceBitMaster is just really niceBitMaster is just really niceBitMaster is just really niceBitMaster is just really niceBitMaster is just really nice

+1
Asus Prime-Z270-A - Intel i7-7700K @ 5.0/1.330v adaptive LLC6 Phase_140%-Extreme - 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 XMP 3600 CL16 vDimm VCCIO 1.30v VSA 1.35v - Asus 980GTX Poseidon wc @ 1500/8000 - 2 x Samsung 850 Pro 256GB - 1 x Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 2 x Seagate 2TB - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT @ 4 x 180mm fans - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" WQHD Gsync 144Hz - Win10Pro64 - Corsair Carbide 500r Case 5x120mm 1x200mm fans
BitMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 03:43 PM   #3
tintifaxl

Reputation power: 14
tintifaxl is a jewel in the roughtintifaxl is a jewel in the roughtintifaxl is a jewel in the roughtintifaxl is a jewel in the roughtintifaxl is a jewel in the roughtintifaxl is a jewel in the roughtintifaxl is a jewel in the roughtintifaxl is a jewel in the rough

+1.
Old 03-15-2017, 05:26 PM   #4
galevsky06

Reputation power: 7
galevsky06 is a jewel in the roughgalevsky06 is a jewel in the roughgalevsky06 is a jewel in the roughgalevsky06 is a jewel in the roughgalevsky06 is a jewel in the roughgalevsky06 is a jewel in the rough

+1, for sure not a high prio, but something to be improved
galevsky06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 12:30 PM   #5
Brixmis

Reputation power: 8
Brixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really nice

I think this would be very simple for them.

You log into your account from the module manager - they know what you have purchased. You may install the modules you have purchased.

If someone else logs in the same account and tries to download something that has been downloaded already the download is denied - and if it is a genuine customer, they can easily contact support.

Maybe have one activation code for the account in addition to the password.

tbh I've been wondering why they didn't do this with DCS World 2 from the start.

In addition, I just installed and activated all my modules yesterday and today I have a problem with my O/S and now have to deactivate them all again and then reactivate once i have reinstalled. Again.

This will be my last activation for a couple of the modules, too - will I have to wait a month if I need to reinstall?
Brixmis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 03:40 AM   #6
zhousaifu

Reputation power: 0
zhousaifu is on a distinguished road
Smile +1 PLEASE read this...

PLEASE for the love of God get rid of this activation per module system as it is now.

I Completely agree with having an "account" of sorts that allows you to login and simply use your purchased modules.

My damn Windows 10 system has given me MULTIPLE errors of "System Thread Handler xxxxx" problems and have ALWAYS resulted in me needing to completely REFORMAT and REINSTALL my Windows 10..

This obviously requires me to re-download ALL the modules + Nevada...

MOST Importantly I NEVER GET THE CHANCE TO DEACTIVATE the modules because windows is UN-Bootable and therefore EACH TIME I re-install windows, re-download the modules and RE-Install the modules it requires me to RE-Activate which DECREASES my remaining activations...

Please fix this / Change this silly system.

Last edited by BIGNEWY; 03-23-2017 at 07:09 AM. Reason: 1.1 profanity
zhousaifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:57 AM   #7
Brixmis

Reputation power: 8
Brixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really niceBrixmis is just really nice

Yes, I've just gone through the deactivate/activate dance twice - for 19 modules! It is the epitome of tedium - but I'd just like to say thanks to support for helping me out after the previous post
Brixmis is offline   Reply With Quote