ROK BO-105 CBS-5 KLH Progress news - Page 8 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2017, 08:34 AM   #71
Flagrum
Veteran
 
Flagrum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: 32U MC0539
Posts: 5,708
Reputation power: 29
Flagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of lightFlagrum is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilWillis View Post
I understand it to mean there is an IR source on the back of the missile, which is there to enable the operator to see it. The guidance is then provided manually by the operator's joystick, which uses the wires to send the guidance instructions to the missile's control surfaces.

So it's IR for seeing, and wires for steering.
Your conclusion is correct, but afaik the IR flare of the missile is not for the operator to see it, but for the control system. The operator only has to keep the reticle on the target and the system then generates steers the missile to match with the reticle. The operator does not directly steer the missile directly, but only tells the system where he wants the missile to go.
__________________
DCS - Digital Combat Simulator
"Don't get yourselves too excited" *

[Do you use a FFB device?]

Flagrum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:00 AM   #72
Gunnars Driver
Junior Member
 
Gunnars Driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Sweden
Posts: 24
Reputation power: 0
Gunnars Driver will become famous soon enoughGunnars Driver will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilWillis View Post
I understand it to mean there is an IR source on the back of the missile, which is there to enable the operator to see it. The guidance is then provided manually by the operator's joystick, which uses the wires to send the guidance instructions to the missile's control surfaces.

So it's IR for seeing, and wires for steering.

No, most certain that the IR light is tracked by the missile guidance system.
The gunner do not steer the missile but holds the sight systems center on the target.
The tracking system follows the missile with help of the IR lamp and sends steering commands via the wires, making the missile fly along the sight line.
For more info, google 'SACLOS missile'.
__________________
[T.M HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle + T.Flight pedals, Oculus Rift, TrackIR5]
[DCS Mirage 2K; Huey; Spitfire Mk IX, AJS 37 ]
Gunnars Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:34 AM   #73
MAD-MM
Member
 
MAD-MM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 701
Reputation power: 6
MAD-MM is a jewel in the roughMAD-MM is a jewel in the roughMAD-MM is a jewel in the roughMAD-MM is a jewel in the roughMAD-MM is a jewel in the roughMAD-MM is a jewel in the rough
Default

Did the Gazelle work in the same way? Ask because you dont have there any options like in the Bo-105 to bother around with the IR System or Harmonisation.
Which way did Bo-105 measurement the Distance to a Target?
Seems it is not euipped with a Range Finder like the Gazelle, over the Sight possible?
__________________
Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.


9./JG27
MAD-MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:37 AM   #74
NeilWillis
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 3,981
Reputation power: 19
NeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really niceNeilWillis is just really nice
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagrum View Post
Your conclusion is correct, but afaik the IR flare of the missile is not for the operator to see it, but for the control system. The operator only has to keep the reticle on the target and the system then generates steers the missile to match with the reticle. The operator does not directly steer the missile directly, but only tells the system where he wants the missile to go.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnars Driver View Post
No, most certain that the IR light is tracked by the missile guidance system.
The gunner do not steer the missile but holds the sight systems center on the target.
The tracking system follows the missile with help of the IR lamp and sends steering commands via the wires, making the missile fly along the sight line.
For more info, google 'SACLOS missile'.
Ah I see the distinction. It is a guidance device, but applied automatically by a guidance system as long as the cross hairs are trained on the target by the operator.

Thanks for the clarification.
NeilWillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 08:36 PM   #75
agentdarnell
Member
 
agentdarnell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 382
Reputation power: 3
agentdarnell is on a distinguished road
Default

I know its an old thread, but this is the variation I am looking forward to.
__________________
agentdarnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 01:07 PM   #76
CapableJet7
Member
 
CapableJet7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Italy
Posts: 348
Reputation power: 2
CapableJet7 will become famous soon enoughCapableJet7 will become famous soon enoughCapableJet7 will become famous soon enough
Default

Any News?
__________________
CapableJet7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:35 PM   #77
The_Fragger
3rd Party Developer
 
The_Fragger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bavaria
Posts: 606
Reputation power: 12
The_Fragger is just really niceThe_Fragger is just really niceThe_Fragger is just really niceThe_Fragger is just really niceThe_Fragger is just really niceThe_Fragger is just really niceThe_Fragger is just really niceThe_Fragger is just really niceThe_Fragger is just really niceThe_Fragger is just really niceThe_Fragger is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to The_Fragger
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD-MM View Post
Did the Gazelle work in the same way? Ask because you dont have there any options like in the Bo-105 to bother around with the IR System or Harmonisation.
Which way did Bo-105 measurement the Distance to a Target?
Seems it is not euipped with a Range Finder like the Gazelle, over the Sight possible?
Not sure why the Gazelle doesn't have it. Better you asked in the Polychop Forum.

The german BO-105 cannot measure the target distance. That's all done via the map.

The ROK BO-105 CBS-5 KLH version has a Nighthawk Sightsystem which is equipped with a Laser which can meassure the distance to the target. It works almost the same like in the Apache.
__________________
2D/3D Artist
MILTECH-5 /PD

BO-105 PAH1A1/VBH / HKP-9A / BO-105 CBS-5 KLH
https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/

Spoiler:

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB
Mainboard: Asus Rampage IV Gene
CPU: Intel Core I7-2600K@3.40Ghz
RAM: 24 Gb
Graphics: MSI GForce GTX 980 TS 4GB

HOTAS Warthog
Hofmann Simpad Rudders
Oculus Rift / Oculus Touch

Heavy Metal is the law !

Last edited by The_Fragger; 09-19-2017 at 02:30 PM.
The_Fragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 05:05 PM   #78
MAD-MM
Member
 
MAD-MM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 701
Reputation power: 6
MAD-MM is a jewel in the roughMAD-MM is a jewel in the roughMAD-MM is a jewel in the roughMAD-MM is a jewel in the roughMAD-MM is a jewel in the roughMAD-MM is a jewel in the rough
Default

Was asking this Question in March, was still Poly here from my Point of View
But looking forward to the Bo-105, time to Print a Caucasus Map to estimate effective Combat Ranges here with my Circle...
__________________
Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.


9./JG27
MAD-MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 05:47 PM   #79
Flappie
Member
 
Flappie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: France
Posts: 130
Reputation power: 3
Flappie will become famous soon enoughFlappie will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fragger View Post
The german BO-105 cannot measure the target distance. That's all done via the map.
Doesn't the onboard screen have some visual indication to estimate the size of a target depending on the selected zoom preset?
Flappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 07:56 PM   #80
The_Fragger
3rd Party Developer
 
The_Fragger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bavaria
Posts: 606
Reputation power: 12
The_Fragger is just really niceThe_Fragger is just really niceThe_Fragger is just really niceThe_Fragger is just really niceThe_Fragger is just really niceThe_Fragger is just really niceThe_Fragger is just really niceThe_Fragger is just really niceThe_Fragger is just really niceThe_Fragger is just really niceThe_Fragger is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to The_Fragger
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flappie View Post
Doesn't the onboard screen have some visual indication to estimate the size of a target depending on the selected zoom preset?
No - The screen only indicates weapon / mode related stuff
__________________
2D/3D Artist
MILTECH-5 /PD

BO-105 PAH1A1/VBH / HKP-9A / BO-105 CBS-5 KLH
https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/

Spoiler:

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB
Mainboard: Asus Rampage IV Gene
CPU: Intel Core I7-2600K@3.40Ghz
RAM: 24 Gb
Graphics: MSI GForce GTX 980 TS 4GB

HOTAS Warthog
Hofmann Simpad Rudders
Oculus Rift / Oculus Touch

Heavy Metal is the law !
The_Fragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:32 PM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.