F-15C Nose wheel wobble and tire blowout during take off role - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-12-2015, 09:24 AM   #1
450Devil

Reputation power: 0
450Devil is on a distinguished road
Default F-15C Nose wheel wobble and tire blowout during take off role

Lately I have experienced several nose wheel tire blowouts when taking off in the F-15. I took a track and that shows the nose wheel wobbling rapidly from side to side as I commence the take off role. The nose wheel steering is disengaged which should mean the nose wheel stays rock steady during the take off role.

Any ideas on how to avoid this problem would be appreciated.
450Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 02:34 AM   #2
JAS500

Reputation power: 0
JAS500 is on a distinguished road

In real aircraft one solution to nosewheel shimmy is to apply some forward stick until it's time to rotate. For the F-15 in DCS, I keep the stick neutral until about 150 KCAS and then rotate to about 10 degrees and wait until lift-off. Don't force the jet off the runway or you might stall. Also, make small steering corrections-don't over correct minor deviations.
JAS500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 05:14 AM   #3
raptorsim

Reputation power: 4
raptorsim has a spectacular aura aboutraptorsim has a spectacular aura aboutraptorsim has a spectacular aura aboutraptorsim has a spectacular aura about

T/O Trim helps too, just make sure to re add the trim reset keyboard command so you can reset the trim after takeoff.

Lt. Commander Jason "Raptor" M

Starting Up My Channels.
Give me a Follow.
YouTube Channel & Twitch Channel

Hardware:
AMD FX8320 (8 Cores) 4GHz, Watercooled
16GBs 2133DDR3 RAM
MSI AMD 970 GAMING MB
MSI R9 390 1060MHz GPU W/8GBs DDR5 RAM
1TB HARDDRIVE
Thrustmaster Warthog Stick and Throttle
Windows 10 (64bit)
raptorsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 02:22 PM   #4
Gladman

Reputation power: 5
Gladman will become famous soon enoughGladman will become famous soon enough

I also occurs if your wheel brakes are applied

Yes, I had to reverse them. lol
Gladman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 07:52 PM   #5
Ramstein

Reputation power: 21
Ramstein is just really niceRamstein is just really niceRamstein is just really niceRamstein is just really niceRamstein is just really niceRamstein is just really niceRamstein is just really niceRamstein is just really niceRamstein is just really niceRamstein is just really niceRamstein is just really nice

I found that if you let it lift after about 170 mph + depending on weight loadout, etc.. it will stop the wheel problems.. steering too fast on taxi seems a bit conservative,, but it could be my perception. In real life they bug around the taxiways pretty fast, and have pretty good breaks on the aircraft, and can handle corners pretty good for being an aircraft. it just seems in here the tires pop a bit too easy... but that's corners... too much front pressure at high speeds seems like it would blow, but I personally never saw one shred,, plenty of hot brakes for landing though...
Nvidia GTX 680 Video Graphics ard
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
46" Samsung LCD HDTV
Win10 pro x64
Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS, CH Pedals
Ramstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 04:03 PM   #6
Wrecking Crew

Reputation power: 10
Wrecking Crew has a spectacular aura aboutWrecking Crew has a spectacular aura aboutWrecking Crew has a spectacular aura aboutWrecking Crew has a spectacular aura aboutWrecking Crew has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorsim View Post
T/O Trim helps too, just make sure to re add the trim reset keyboard command so you can reset the trim after takeoff.
Where is this F-15C Trim Reset command?
Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.
Wrecking Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 04:42 PM   #7
SDsc0rch

Reputation power: 7
SDsc0rch is a jewel in the roughSDsc0rch is a jewel in the roughSDsc0rch is a jewel in the roughSDsc0rch is a jewel in the roughSDsc0rch is a jewel in the roughSDsc0rch is a jewel in the rough

there isn't one - just like in the real jet

for takeoff, the keyboard command moves the horizontal stabilizer to an incorrect position - best workaround is to pull the stick all the way aft, and return to center ----- if you look over your shoulder, you'll see past the wing trailing edge, the trailing edge of the horizontal stabilzers now

the "correct" position of the horizontal stabilizer is for the leading edge to meet withthe bottom edge of the fuselage, but you can't see that from the cockpit

the keyboard command doesn't put it there

pulling the stick fully aft, then returning to center position achieves this

SDsc0rch is offline   Reply With Quote