JTAC for KA-50

Does any one have an archieved og (original) sound files so i cam test this?

My og sound files are not working. It looks like i might have to reinstall 1.2.0 as im seeing all

kinds of errprs in that dcs. log file

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does any one have an archieved og (original) sound files so i cam test this?

My og sound files are not working. It looks like i might have to reinstall 1.2.0 as im seeing all

kinds of errprs in that dcs. log file

og sound files?

Which ones do you need? But none of the errors seem to be related to this mod.

A final solution is to reinstall world, install my mod and see if it works. Then install other mods and check if the mod is working.

Also, V1.0 was working am I right?

BTW I just checked with a V1.1 user on teamspeak. Everything is working as advertised. I have to ask again about it: Are you doing the radio procedure right and do you use the SPU-9 PTT?

Edited by TurboHog

'Frett'

yes but now I get the radio is working but no respons from jtac or colt, ford.

I hear the squalched ptt working also.

1.0 was working 1.1 was working it only stopped when I rebooted.

So Im guessing a problem with the radios a corupted lua file maybe?

also in 1.0 I saw the radio numbers would change on the spp, when I talked with jtac now it doesnt.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

og sound files?

Which ones do you need? But none of the errors seem to be related to this mod.

A final solution is to reinstall world, install my mod and see if it works. Then install other mods and check if the mod is working.

Also, V1.0 was working am I right?

BTW I just checked with a V1.1 user on teamspeak. Everything is working as advertised. I have to ask again about it: Are you doing the radio procedure right and do you use the SPU-9 PTT?

the ralt+\ if thats it yes.

let me try turning off simple radio and see if thats the culprate.

yes but now I get the radio is working but no respons from jtac or colt, ford.

I hear the squalched ptt working also.

1.0 was working 1.1 was working it only stopped when I rebooted.

So Im guessing a problem with the radios a corupted lua file maybe?

also in 1.0 I saw the radio numbers would change on the spp, when I talked with jtac now it doesnt.

If it is a problem with the radio's:

- Check if R-828.lua is using correct frequencies as stated in the manual. Did you try to edit them in wordpad? If neccesary: manually copy the modded R-828.lua and overwrite the old one.

- A reinstall will most likely fix the problem. (if nothing else works. I hate reinstalling DCS and reinstalling all the mods, too :smilewink:)

What do you mean by: 'The radio numbers change' Could you clarify?

'Frett'

Will this work in multiplayer? Do the clients that wants to use it just have to put the files in and no conflict will occur with clients that don't have it installed?

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Will this work in multiplayer? Do the clients that wants to use it just have to put the files in and no conflict will occur with clients that don't have it installed?

No conflict at all. Has been tested.

Ka-50 will hear DMS coordinates while the A10C on the same freq hears nothing (because of russian voice sound bugs, fixes included in the mod) or MGRS. Some A10C pilots are quite surprised to see their JTAC targets are being taken by you :P

Also, when flying the A10C yourself you will receive MGRS as usual. Thank Kegetys for his coding :thumbup:

'Frett'

No conflict at all. Has been tested.

Ka-50 will hear DMS coordinates while the A10C on the same freq hears nothing (because of russian voice sound bugs, fixes included in the mod) or MGRS. Some A10C pilots are quite surprised to see their JTAC targets are being taken by you :P

Also, when flying the A10C yourself you will receive MGRS as usual. Thank Kegetys for his coding :thumbup:

Great! Will try this out ASAP!

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

ok I did a reinstall all is working. I find I did'nt have to do a reinstall. I was'nt tuning the push button and I was trying to talk from FM instead of AM.

:thumbup:

Thanks for your help and glad you did find a bug.

ok I did a reinstall all is working. I find I did'nt have to do a reinstall. I was'nt tuning the push button and I was trying to talk from FM instead of AM.

:thumbup:

Thanks for your help and glad you did find a bug.

That's why I asked about how you handle the radio's several times :music_whistling:

Glad to know that it is working... :thumbup:

Not to spoil the happiness but: You are talking VHF FM, so FM is good. You mean that you were talking to the R-800 VHF AM radio and now you are talking to the R-828 VHF FM!

Edit:

About the sound bug. Find PlaneWindIn.sdef and edit it. it sais gain = 0.2.75 make that 0.275 and it will work. Reported to zzzspace as well so I guess he will look after it for the next version of his mod...

Edited by TurboHog

'Frett'

by any chance, is there going to be any work for the SU25T's for JTAC at all if it's possible?

:joystick:

by any chance, is there going to be any work for the SU25T's for JTAC at all if it's possible?

:joystick:

Yes I can do that. But the mod is really aimed for the Ka-50. What can a SU-25T do with MGRS or DMS coordinates? WP is the best and only option. Secondly, without a radio you will be adressing ALL JTAC's and players. I don't know what that is going to be like but it can't be very good.

If the Su-25 gets a proper radio equal to the radio equipment in the Ka-50 I might do it.

'Frett'

rgr that all information to the SU25t would be by text radio I understand that.

rgr that all information to the SU25t would be by text radio I understand that.

Possible. But a normal radio set is still very much preferred. In multiplayer it is not a good idea that all 25's broadcast their JTAC conversations on a global frequency.

Now if DCS: Su25(T) (or scorpion!!) is released I will make it JTAC compatible!

'Frett'

understandable so. SO we wait for a fully modeled 3D with radios sets for the SU25T. :thumbup:

Worked flawlessly in MP. Dead easy to install. Extremely accurate pin pointing of targets we used to search for hours before (I understand better why the A10C squadrons were crying that much in missions without JTAC with us).

Top mod Turbohog. :thumbup:

Thanks a million.

Good to hear that :)

I still like to do search and engage sometimes. :thumbup: But if I can't find it fast enough... :P

'Frett'

If I install this and then zzz's soundmod (1.0 then 1.2), do I just need to copy your Nato.lua back over (I think I read this somewhere but can't find it now!)

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

If I install this and then zzz's soundmod (1.0 then 1.2), do I just need to copy your Nato.lua back over (I think I read this somewhere but can't find it now!)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1537110&postcount=44

Thanks, that'll be where ;)

lol in his down load under his signature. :smilewink:

lol in his down load under his signature. :smilewink:

That wasn't meant as a question. I meant "Thanks, that's where the post I recall seeing is" :smilewink:

• Like 1

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone see anything I'm doing wrong in this trk? I get no response. Copied dcs world folder, I think I'm using the radio right?

r_828 lua is "default" from the mod:

squelch = true
volume	=	0.5
channel = 0

r_828_channel = {}
r_828_channel[0] = 30000000.0
r_828_channel[1] = 31000000.0
r_828_channel[2] = 32000000.0
r_828_channel[3] = 33000000.0
r_828_channel[4] = 34000000.0
r_828_channel[5] = 40000000.0
r_828_channel[6] = 41000000.0
r_828_channel[7] = 42000000.0
r_828_channel[8] = 43000000.0
r_828_channel[9] = 44000000.0

KA50JTAC No Responser.trk

Edited by Daniel M
attachment...

Can someone see anything I'm doing wrong in this trk? I get no response. Copied dcs world folder, I think I'm using the radio right?

r_828 lua is "default" from the mod:

squelch = true
volume	=	0.5
channel = 0

r_828_channel = {}
r_828_channel[0] = 30000000.0
r_828_channel[1] = 31000000.0
r_828_channel[2] = 32000000.0
r_828_channel[3] = 33000000.0
r_828_channel[4] = 34000000.0
r_828_channel[5] = 40000000.0
r_828_channel[6] = 41000000.0
r_828_channel[7] = 42000000.0
r_828_channel[8] = 43000000.0
r_828_channel[9] = 44000000.0

I watched your trak; you didn't down load or copy it right or you didn't update the r828 lua file? You had no JTAC units on the r828 list. so leaves me to think you didn't down load and install everything correctly.

JTAC integration for the KA-50. V1.1 released. With JTAC now transmitting in L/L (DMS) format.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1534427&postcount=1

I think you need to get the v1.0 first to have the r828lua file.

KA-50 JTAC training

Rocket Sound Mod

Edited by Mastiff

I watched your trak; you didn't down load or copy it right or you didn't update the r828 lua file? You had no JTAC units on the r828 list. so leaves me to think you didn't down load and install everything correctly.

JTAC integration for the KA-50. V1.1 released. With JTAC now transmitting in L/L (DMS) format.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1534427&postcount=1

I think you need to get the v1.0 first to have the r828lua file.

KA-50 JTAC training

Rocket Sound Mod

No. R828.lua is included in V1.1, of course. I will have a look at the track.

Conclusion:

Note that in the .lua file the channels go from 0 to 9. In the helicopter you will see 1 to 10. Channel 1 is 30.000 VHF FM because there is no channel '0'. So channel 3 is 32.000 VHF FM. Colt 1-1 is on channel 4, 33.000 VHF FM. Nothing wrong with your installation, it's just the wrong frequency that you were trying to use.

Edited by TurboHog
  • Like 1

'Frett'