Stuck at logo screen when starting up the game - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-05-2020, 08:34 PM   #1
oldpop

Default lock up

With latest update (from 2 updates back) DCS OB locks up on full screen logo. only way our Ctl slt del!
log att
Attached Files
File Type: txt dcs.txt (17.0 KB, 62 views)
oldpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 03:53 PM   #2
oldpop

Default lock up

after 2.5.6 up date when loading DCS 8 out of 10 attempts ends with a "lock up" on the Full screen DCS logo. only way out --- CTL Alt DEl!'
spent 10+ hr yesterday uninstalling and reinstalling sim and addon's. Still getting lock up
1 help requested- log att'ed
Attached Files
File Type: txt dcs.txt (16.1 KB, 58 views)
Old 03-06-2020, 06:58 PM   #3
Raisuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpop View Post
after 2.5.6 up date when loading DCS 8 out of 10 attempts ends with a "lock up" on the Full screen DCS logo. only way out --- CTL Alt DEl!'
spent 10+ hr yesterday uninstalling and reinstalling sim and addon's. Still getting lock up
1 help requested- log att'ed

I see this on occasion. Usually task manager -> Kill and restart DCS (very, very rarely need a computer reboot). It's barely an annoyance, and I figure ED will get to it.

8 out of 10? Different story. Just for grins is the behavior the same after a reboot with nothing (other than startup processes) running? Have you gone to task manager -> startup items and cleaned out all the chaff? If you're seeing this more often then I have to wonder if there's some kind of contention.
Raisuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 01:02 PM   #4
oldpop

Yes on your question. I have SRS, Hotas program and TIR running on startup. Tried w/o them and it is the same "hit and Miss"!
Old 03-07-2020, 07:17 PM   #5
Raisuli

I was thinking more along the lines of system services. OneDrive, firewall, virus scanner, the uncounted 3rd party software that want to load software on boot to send data back to the mothership for sale, etc. Adobe is famous for this, so are a few others.
Raisuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 03:23 PM   #6
secretcode

Default Stuck at logo screen when starting up the game

Hello Guys, I have a problem where most of the times I start DCS it gets stuck on the DCS Logo screen, the music of the game plays in the back but I can't get throught that screen.

I have to open the task manager and kill the process. Then start the game again and again until the game is able to start normally.

Sometimes I have to restart the game up to 10 times in order to play.

Do you guys know what could be causing this?
I have tried repairing the game and nothing.

Here is my full log file in case you need it.
https://pastebin.com/sTdLq0zK

-Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Startup.png
Views:	63
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	229533  
secretcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 03:43 PM   #7
BIGNEWY
ED Community Manager

Hi

please go to

C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\ImagesShop

delete ImagesShop folder

and test let me know if it helps
Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, TM Warthog, Jet provost rudder pedals, VIVE Cosmos

BIGNEWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 02:36 PM   #8
secretcode

It didn't work. But I noticed something.
It gets stuck most of the times when I open the DCS shortcut I have on my desktop which is a shortcut of dcs_updater.exe

If I open dcs.exe instead most of the times the game opens correctly.

I don't know if that has something to do with the problem.
secretcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 05:39 PM   #9
Arbil

This is exactly my issue as well. Here is my thread that a mod can either merge or close if they'd like to.
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=265913

After trying secretcode's idea and running the game from the run.exe in the main install folder instead of the pin'd shortcut in my start menu, I just got the game to launch 3 times in a row, yay.

Here's what I noticed: When launching the game from the .exe in the main install folder the small windowed splash screen pops up, the resolution looks normal, then the screen flickers and the small windowed splash screen goes to an incorrect resolution(looks warped\stretched) and then the full screen splash screen comes up and the game loads correctly. When launching the game from my old shortcut pin'd to the start menu the stretching\warping of the small windowed Eagle Dynamics splash screen did not happen.

Also, I tried deleting my old shortcut\pin from the start menu and then pinning the run.exe back to the start menu anew and the game failed to launch. I also created a shortcut from the run.exe and placed it on the desktop, not pinned in the start menu, and the game launches normally from there.

It seems like the issue comes from trying to launch the game from a shortcut pinned to the start menu. Let me know if you need anymore help.
Arbil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 05:42 PM   #10
xjiks

Try to change your settings via the config file and change fullscreen="true" to "false"
Save file then start the game

Spoiler:

if you read this you are too curious
xjiks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crash, start up