Thrustmaster Warthog Slew Controls Inverted? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-05-2020, 04:04 PM   #1
INFIDEL

Default Thrustmaster Warthog Slew Controls Inverted?

Hello all,

I have just recently purchased the Warthog Thrustmaster Hotas and it was essentially a plug and play setup aside from a few controls.

- Coolie hat up

- left throttle button was also trigger

Question: Are the slew controls supposed to be inverted(up/down) or is this just an error?

I've read a lot of negative comments about the slew controls on this HOTAS when trying to search for an answer to my question but that is besides the point.

I would like to keep controls mirrored to the actual A10c but it would nice if I could adjust this setup.
INFIDEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 04:09 PM   #2
randomTOTEN

I reversed mine.
Not sure if that was correct or not.
randomTOTEN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 04:20 PM   #3
INFIDEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomTOTEN View Post
I reversed mine.
Not sure if that was correct or not.
Okay. Its good to know it wasn't just mine. Thanks for the timely reply.
Old 03-05-2020, 04:58 PM   #4
A10Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFIDEL View Post
Hello all,

I have just recently purchased the Warthog Thrustmaster Hotas and it was essentially a plug and play setup aside from a few controls.

- Coolie hat up

- left throttle button was also trigger

Question: Are the slew controls supposed to be inverted(up/down) or is this just an error?

I've read a lot of negative comments about the slew controls on this HOTAS when trying to search for an answer to my question but that is besides the point.

I would like to keep controls mirrored to the actual A10c but it would nice if I could adjust this setup.
They are inverted but you can talk to your maintainers and buy them a bottle of Scotch.

Just so you are aware, the DCS version of the slew probably should be fixed. It performs very poorly in comparison to the real deal. The Thrustmaster throttle additionally has the Stick that protrudes from the mold of that slew. So imagine that mold without the protruding stick that moves around. Much more comfortable and easy to control, inverted or not.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Last edited by A10Yoda; 03-05-2020 at 05:13 PM.
A10Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 05:19 PM   #5
INFIDEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by A10Yoda View Post
They are inverted but you can talk to your maintainers and buy them a bottle of Scotch.

Just so you are aware, the DCS version of the slew probably should be fixed. It performs very poorly in comparison to the real deal. The Thrustmaster throttle additionally has the Stick that protrudes from the mold of that slew. So imagine that mold without the protruding stick that moves around. Much more comfortable and easy to control, inverted or not.

A bottle of Single Barrel Balvenie Caribbean Cask it is.
Old 03-05-2020, 05:46 PM   #6
VWJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by A10Yoda View Post

This is more an issue with the HW itself, I wholeheartedly recommend slew upgrade.
Old 03-05-2020, 06:05 PM   #7
X-31_VECTOR

+1 for the Delta Sim upgrade. It is basically just a thumb stick from a console controller, with a lot of throw so much finer control. It was an easy install (no soldering) and makes a big difference. My only issue with it is that I find it hard to push and click without moving the controller in a direction at the same time. I'm sure that will get better with practice.
X-31_VECTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 06:47 PM   #8
INFIDEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWJ View Post
This is more an issue with the HW itself, I wholeheartedly recommend slew upgrade.
I've heard others recommend this as well.

I watched a video of the Warthog Project on YouTube. He did a before and after of the performance and visually, it looked no different from the before. I'm sure it felt much smoother though and with a few adjustments, would be much better.

So far, the only thing that bothers me is the slew controls begin inverted. I wouldn't imagine this being standard on the real A10c as I could not think of the benefits or tactical advantage of having controls this way.
Old 03-05-2020, 06:48 PM   #9
INFIDEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-31_VECTOR View Post
+1 for the Delta Sim upgrade. It is basically just a thumb stick from a console controller, with a lot of throw so much finer control. It was an easy install (no soldering) and makes a big difference. My only issue with it is that I find it hard to push and click without moving the controller in a direction at the same time. I'm sure that will get better with practice.
I just may have to consider getting this slew upgrade. Thanks for the input!
Old 03-05-2020, 06:55 PM   #10
hornblower793

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFIDEL View Post
I just may have to consider getting this slew upgrade. Thanks for the input!

Another solid recommendation for this upgrade - click and slew definitely gets better with practice
Windows 10 Home ¦ Z370 AORUS Gaming K3 motherboard ¦ i5-8600K oc to 4.3GHz ¦ 48GB Corsair PC4 memory @ 3000MHz ¦ Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD for OS, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD for DCS ¦ ASUS ROG GTX 2060 Super 8GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk2 and MCG ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Oculus Rift S
hornblower793 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a10c, hotas warthog