Suggestion for a simple aircraft: J-5

Aries144

OMG yes, I kept thinking Q-5/J-8 but this would be perfect omglol I feel like a school girl again This would be amazing

There are so many versions also! IIRC I think China went to town making variants of the PF?

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I personally think we have enough of those ancient MIGs now. I hope Deka make something a bit more advanced than MIG 21. Something closer to F-14 when we talk about systems.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

An A-4 would be great. Not too complicated and it was in service all around the world. I know there is a great community mod, but a full module would be even better. What the mod is simply missing is a working radio (no ATC, no AAR, no communication to the wingmen).

Edited by norbot

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I never had an interest in 1960's or 1970's aircraft- until I broke down and bought the F-5E. Then I flew on a multiplayer server against players flying Mig-21Bis at low altitude through the canyons between Sochi and Sukhumi. Now, the visual jet combat of that era, with limited missile effectiveness, is my absolute favorite. I've since bought the F-86, Mig-15, Mig-21Bis, and Mig-19, and I want more variety in aircraft there. :)

Edited by Aries144

I never had an interest in 1960's or 1970's aircraft- until I broke down and bought the F-5E. Then I flew on a multiplayer server against players flying Mig-21Bis at low altitude through the canyons between Sochi and Sukhumi. Now, the visual jet combat of that era, with limited missile effectiveness, is my absolute favorite. I've since bought the F-86, Mig-15, Mig-21Bis, and Mig-19, and I want more variety in aircraft there. :)

Wait, you mean actual dogfighting/BFM is "fun"? I never would have guessed :thumbup:

Now I'm off to lob some fox3's at a blip and run away.... :cry:

And yeah J-5/mig-17 would be nice, but more 60's and 70's blue jets would be cool too. I mean we have a bit too modern F5 and F86 and thats it for now. Cool options are the F4 (though ED probably won't let that go), but certainly the F-104 was widely used, F100, EE lightning, mirage III, super etnard, J35 draken. Would all be cool choices.

For the Red side of the house, I'd rather see some red strikers, Su-17/20/22 would probably be the most widely used one.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Again has no real counterpart for mission building, a thing that developers should be far more interested in than just developing some new plane. For older timeframes we still didn't have many western counterparts to soviet MiGs, so that would be an idea, like a F-4, F-100, F-104 or F-105, there we only got the F-8J in development. On the other hand some older ground attack plane could be also interesting, but there we already have the A-7E now in development, maybe some eastern counterpart for that would be also interesting, like a Su-17/22, MiG-27 (both of them could also be used for fast SEAD with Kh-58U, thats maybe also interesting because the Su-25 isnt the best for that) or even a Q-5. Or, with more development, devlop something entirely new, a recon aircraft (the Viggen has some things that it can do in that role, so its possible) or a dedicated plane for electronic warfare. These things could be very interesting for missions.

Servus! :smilewink:

My DCS:World-Modules:

A-10C, UH-1H, F-86F, Fw-190D9, MiG-21bis, P-51D, Mi-8MTV2,Bf-109K4, MiG-15bis, L-39C, Hawk, NTTR, Mirage 2000C, SA342M Gazelle.

Wishlist:

P-40, F-104G/S, Saab J-35 Draken, A-1H Skyraider, Su-17/22M4. :music_whistling:

Ah yes good old Jim Kippur XD

:megalol:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Ah yes good old Jim Kippur XD

Excuse me, thats JAMES to you. Shalom!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

In a previous post, it was mentioned that Deka was considering a simple module. We need the J-5/Mig-17 for US/Vietnam war scenarios, and Deka Ironwork is just the team to make it!

I hope you'll consider it. :)

WHy not just the actual Mig-17 itself?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

The J-8 makes more sense than what we already have of those Mig 19. J-5 adds nothing...no market or profit, only very few might would even think of buying those.

But J-8 could have more market and profit. Even the later variant of J-7 could also have profits.

The J-8 makes more sense than what we already have of those Mig 19. J-5 adds nothing...no market or profit, only very few might would even think of buying those.

But J-8 could have more market and profit. Even the later variant of J-7 could also have profits.

I'm afraid I have to disagree. The J-5 was the VPAF's most used fighter in the American/Vietnamese conflict. It was also the first Russian-designed fighter to feature an afterburner and an interesting evolution from the Korean war era Mig-15. It's absolutely essential for any Vietnam/American War scenario and is useful for any of several low intensity conflicts from the 1950's to the 1970's. It would also be relatively simple to develop.

Conversely, the J-8 is uniquely Chinese and interesting in its own right, but has not been featured in any major conflicts and is also significantly more complicated.

Deka mentioned being burned out after the JF-17 and ready for something simple, so I suggested this. Lot's of bang for a relatively minimum effort. :smilewink:

I would buy a J-5A.

And yes it does add value: it has participated in as many conflicts as the mig 21, if not more.

many more well done simple planes is what we need!

And then maybe some more new people might chance it and try simple 60´s planes, and become new 3rd parties for dcs also...

I'm afraid I have to disagree. The J-5 was the VPAF's most used fighter in the American/Vietnamese conflict. It was also the first Russian-designed fighter to feature an afterburner and an interesting evolution from the Korean war era Mig-15. It's absolutely essential for any Vietnam/American War scenario and is useful for any of several low intensity conflicts from the 1950's to the 1970's. It would also be relatively simple to develop.

Conversely, the J-8 is uniquely Chinese and interesting in its own right, but has not been featured in any major conflicts and is also significantly more complicated.

Deka mentioned being burned out after the JF-17 and ready for something simple, so I suggested this. Lot's of bang for a relatively minimum effort. :smilewink:

Yeah, the J-5 (mig17) was used quite a bit by alot of different countries. Yes, its "close" in some ways to the mig15, and its not as capable as the mig19 etc.

a) It plugs a hole in the mig evolution tree. And if we get it we will basically have everything from the mig15 all the way to the 23. Which covers pretty much everything mig for most of the cold war aside from the 27/29.

b) It was exported and used in a huge number of conflicts. Everything from VN and the taiwan straits crisis to the arab israeli wars, wars in africa, and operated by a huge number of countries.

Target market size does not equal profit. If a module has 5 times the potential buyers, but is 10 times more expensive to develop due to its complexity, then it's not necessarily more profitable than something simpler but with fewer potential customers.

Target market size does not equal profit. If a module has 5 times the potential buyers, but is 10 times more expensive to develop due to its complexity, then it's not necessarily more profitable than something simpler but with fewer potential customers.

Sure whatever works...But J-8 is certainly an interesting aircraft. We could always create What IF conflicts...It certainly will sell good.

Why not the proper Mig 17 Itself? It was clearly used in more conflicts than the J-5. Vietnam used it too and the ME countries as well. Mig 17PF to be more specific.

Hmm... lets see what Deka chooses. They have not given any hints on whats coming up next so far.