Sound Overhaul Mod w/Dynamics (New Sounds and SDEF's!) 2020 - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-11-2020, 04:17 PM   #21
Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argo Navis View Post
Hey Nin,

This is great work, I find it absolutely amazing!

I am more interested in the cockpit sounds as I only fly in VR. You did mention that without the source code your control over the sound is limited, however, this is really close to the real thing as far as one can compare it to youtube in-cockpit videos. I really like how you can hear the compressor whining in the cockpit.
I can't remember if the sound after touch down was there originally, or you put it there. It sounds amazing, you can hear the wheels rolling. The only thing missing is the louder noise after the nose wheel touches down. I am not sure about the gear up and down thumps. In the footage I can only hear the nose wheel thump on retraction and extension. However, these videos are recorded with a gopro with its one microphone probably. I asked a guy who flew the type, he says you can hear the gears lock on retraction, but not that much on extension. On some videos you can clearly hear the nose wheel thump when the guy selects gear down. On most videos I can not hear it at all. Maybe the 21 fans can look around more and post videos with good sounds, but I am sure you watched them all. My opinion at the moment is that the thumps are too loud, and it would be awesome to add the nose wheel touchdown sound as well, if possible. I can't watch these videos any longer, my hearing is going.

Keep it up, it is really nice to see some improvement on this module.
Thanks for your feedback I did have a play around with the nose gear retraction sounds after I noticed a few glitches, however, I didn't edit any of the files for this version- one of the things I noticed was that the thump sound could be heard in external view which I tried to correct, in this version however no changes were made to the landing gear sound effect. I will certainly look into refining the landing gear sounds, and, if the landing gear touchdown sound is local to the MiG21 sound files then I will look into adding a louder nosewheel touchdown sound. Thanks
Nin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 04:29 PM   #22
ataribaby

Awesome! It really puts Magnitute into shame.
ataribaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 04:50 PM   #23
Unisol1987

Superb Mod!

Big thx to your effort to get the sound of the 21 to the point wich the Module deserves.

I really like your work

Cheers to you
Unisol1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 05:02 PM   #24
MiG21bisFishbedL

Great work! I dropped it into a folder, enabled with JSGME, and it sounds awesome.

Click here to see the updated time until DCS: F-22A
MiG21bisFishbedL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 06:30 PM   #25
Nin

Last edited by Nin; 02-11-2020 at 06:34 PM.
Old 02-11-2020, 06:32 PM   #26
Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataribaby View Post
Awesome! It really puts Magnitute into shame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unisol1987 View Post
Superb Mod!

Big thx to your effort to get the sound of the 21 to the point wich the Module deserves.

I really like your work

Cheers to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiG21bisFishbedL View Post
Great work! I dropped it into a folder, enabled with JSGME, and it sounds awesome.
Thanks for all your kind words guys, keep your eye on this thread, there will be updates
Old 02-12-2020, 11:48 AM   #27
Jonne

That mod is gold. Really love the external sound and the internal is improved too.
Old 02-12-2020, 01:06 PM   #28
dali

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuscha View Post
Just tested and very happy so far : )
Only your "high pitched turbine whine" or hissing sound on the ground should be hearable more in front and at the sides i think. At the moment it is more present in the back of the airplane.

Good example here :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWmb5oEeWAM
Keep it up !

Kind regards , Markuscha
yep, and 100% louder cracking sound on ab - that is mig-21 sound signature. I remember watching them take-off in our airbase, the noise was bordering on pain.

dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 02:22 PM   #29
Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonne View Post
That mod is gold. Really love the external sound and the internal is improved too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dali View Post
yep, and 100% louder cracking sound on ab - that is mig-21 sound signature. I remember watching them take-off in our airbase, the noise was bordering on pain.

Thanks I am glad you like the mod. Thank you for the video- I will have a look at the AB, however I believe the afterburner is already at max gain, but I'll see what I can do.
Old 02-13-2020, 08:35 PM   #30
zebra0312

That sound mod should be the normal sound for it and not a mod imo. Much better than vanilla.

My DCS:World-Modules:
A-10C, UH-1H, F-86F, Fw-190D9, MiG-21bis, P-51D, Mi-8MTV2,Bf-109K4, MiG-15bis, L-39C, Hawk, NTTR, Mirage 2000C, SA342M Gazelle.

Wishlist:
P-40, F-104G/S, Saab J-35 Draken, A-1H Skyraider, Su-17/22M4.
zebra0312 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dcs, mig21, mod, sound