Saitek X55 HOTAS Profile - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-04-2019, 12:20 PM   #1
IdefixRC

Default DCS F-16C Saitek X55 HOTAS Profile

F-16C Saitek X55 Profile

Here is my first shot at a F-16C Saitek X55 Profile. The package includes both the Saitek X55 profile files as well as the DCS Keyboard, Rudder, Stick, and Throttle mapping files. Make sure to upload the keyboard map as well as some of the functions used in the HOTAS programming required keyboard commands to work.

This is still work in progress and any collaboration on this is highly welcome .
Feel free to add and modify but please post your modifications up here for others to use.

Version 1: Original profile - 4-10/2019
Version 2: Bugfix and custom SPD BRK script included - 6-10-2019
Version 3: MAN Range Knob fixed, ANT Elev Knob fixed, HMD and ICP HUD intensity knobs added. Please use this as the saitek file had an issue in V1 and V2 :-(

Attached Files
File Type: zip Saitek X55 F-16C Profile_V3.zip (835.7 KB, 479 views)

Last edited by IdefixRC; 10-08-2019 at 03:38 AM. Reason: updated
IdefixRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 12:36 PM   #2
bonesvf103

I wish the X55 profiles were compatible with the X56 ones.

v6,
boNes
Old 10-05-2019, 01:17 AM   #3
IdefixRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonesvf103 View Post
I wish the X55 profiles were compatible with the X56 ones.

v6,
boNes
Yeah :-( but you can use the dcs profile files and the included excel file to recreate the mapping for your x56. My profile is far from perfect but it might be a start for you. I tried and named the buttons in the excel according to the dcs config names so they should be easy to find via the search function.
Old 10-05-2019, 05:31 AM   #4
karpiyon

Zoso published this:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...&highlight=x56
karpiyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 03:05 PM   #5
Laidback

Here's a workaround for using the slider on the throttle for the speedbrakes. With notepad ++ edit the default.lua located in mod/aircraft/f-16/input/f-16/joystick. add this command to line 8:

{down = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_SPEED_BRAKE, up = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_SPEED_BRAKE, cockpit_device_id = devices.HOTAS, value_down = -1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = _('Speed Brake Switch - EXTEND/RETRACT'), category = {_('_Custom'), _('HOTAS')}},

You will see a line added in your controls called Speed Brake Switch EXTEND/RETRACT. Map the slider to it and there you go.
Old 10-06-2019, 01:35 PM   #6
IdefixRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laidback View Post
Here's a workaround for using the slider on the throttle for the speedbrakes. With notepad ++ edit the default.lua located in mod/aircraft/f-16/input/f-16/joystick. add this command to line 8:

{down = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_SPEED_BRAKE, up = hotas_commands.THROTTLE_SPEED_BRAKE, cockpit_device_id = devices.HOTAS, value_down = -1.0, value_up = 1.0, name = _('Speed Brake Switch - EXTEND/RETRACT'), category = {_('_Custom'), _('HOTAS')}},

You will see a line added in your controls called Speed Brake Switch EXTEND/RETRACT. Map the slider to it and there you go.
Thanks for the tip. I will include the custom lua with the next update !
Update: included in the latest version in post 1

Last edited by IdefixRC; 10-08-2019 at 02:53 AM.
Old 10-08-2019, 03:39 AM   #7
IdefixRC

Version 3 uploaded. please use this latest file instead. The Saitek program file had an issue (saved at the wrong location :-( )
Old 01-01-2020, 04:55 PM   #8
donw43

IdefixRC...
I want to graciously thank you for sharing your X-55 profile for the F-16. Thats exactly what I was looking for, as it matches very closely to what i use in BMS. Your generosity is greatly appreciated!
donw43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 10:45 PM   #9
IdefixRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by donw43 View Post
IdefixRC...
I want to graciously thank you for sharing your X-55 profile for the F-16. Thats exactly what I was looking for, as it matches very closely to what i use in BMS. Your generosity is greatly appreciated!
:-) your most welcome :-)
Old 04-21-2020, 12:33 PM   #10
razalom

Great profile apart from I just cant get the speedbrakes part to work (probably me!). Copied the new lua file etc but they just wont open and close
Checked the lua file in notepad++ and had the line in there.

Any ideas?
razalom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
f-16, hotas, profile, saitek, x55