My System and Oculus Rift - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2019, 04:07 AM   #1
Bob556a
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Sydney
Posts: 8
Default My System and Oculus Rift

Ladies / Gents I am genuinely looking for some guidance:

First my system specs:
ASUS X299 Mk 2 Motherboard
Intel i9 9980 Exteme (18Core 36 Thread)
128Gb RAM (3300)
Geforce RTX2080ti
SSD for Operating system (dedicated)
SSD for DCS (dedicated)

Running OTT 0.86 Beta 1
Super Sampling (1.5)
ASW (Default)
Power Options (High Performance)

Oculus Rift
Windows 10 X64
Samsung 50" UHD curved monitor
Thrustmaster HOTAS well all of it, pedals, HOG throttle, HOG Joystick
DCS World High settings (and tried low and VR settings setup)

Now my system seems to be close to the top of line available.. but the problem I am having is frame rate.. occasionally get to 45fps in VR bur more likely 25 fps and sometimes lower

I have followed read every guide, you tube video, forum I can find but nothing see,s to improve it.. So really confused as to how people are rock steady at 45fps and or 90 with a system spec less that the 1 above..

As an aside in 4K full screen no VR and using Track IR performance is good.. greater than 60Fps constant maxed out.

Is there an idiot sheet that someone has that can guide me further,, to improve performance.

Any advice will be appreciated..

regards

Bob
Bob556a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 06:11 AM   #2
30mikemike
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Lincoln UK
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob556a View Post
Ladies / Gents I am genuinely looking for some guidance:

First my system specs:
ASUS X299 Mk 2 Motherboard
Intel i9 9980 Exteme (18Core 36 Thread)
128Gb RAM (3300)
Geforce RTX2080ti
SSD for Operating system (dedicated)
SSD for DCS (dedicated)

Running OTT 0.86 Beta 1
Super Sampling (1.5)
ASW (Default)
Power Options (High Performance)

Oculus Rift
Windows 10 X64
Samsung 50" UHD curved monitor
Thrustmaster HOTAS well all of it, pedals, HOG throttle, HOG Joystick
DCS World High settings (and tried low and VR settings setup)

Now my system seems to be close to the top of line available.. but the problem I am having is frame rate.. occasionally get to 45fps in VR bur more likely 25 fps and sometimes lower

I have followed read every guide, you tube video, forum I can find but nothing see,s to improve it.. So really confused as to how people are rock steady at 45fps and or 90 with a system spec less that the 1 above..

As an aside in 4K full screen no VR and using Track IR performance is good.. greater than 60Fps constant maxed out.

Is there an idiot sheet that someone has that can guide me further,, to improve performance.

Any advice will be appreciated..

regards

Bob

Have you deleted the FXO & Metashaders2 folders after any updates and GPU updates?
__________________
i7 8700k @ 5.0ghz. Strix GTX1080Ti. 16GB RAM @ 3600. 2x Hyper X SSD’s with DCS on one. Oculus Rift S. Asus PG278-QR. Liquid Series PC with liquid CPU and GPU cooling.
30mikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 06:30 AM   #3
Bob556a
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Sydney
Posts: 8
Default

Clean install and there is no metshaders2 folder on the system anywhere..
Bob556a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 06:42 AM   #4
30mikemike
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Lincoln UK
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob556a View Post
Clean install and there is no metshaders2 folder on the system anywhere..
Oh, not on the C:/ under saved games? Strange...
__________________
i7 8700k @ 5.0ghz. Strix GTX1080Ti. 16GB RAM @ 3600. 2x Hyper X SSD’s with DCS on one. Oculus Rift S. Asus PG278-QR. Liquid Series PC with liquid CPU and GPU cooling.
30mikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:02 AM   #5
Bob556a
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Sydney
Posts: 8
Default

ok so have come some way to resolving this..

1: Get rid of Intel Turbo Boost....
2: Turn OFF ASW in OTT
3:
Bob556a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:06 AM   #6
Bob556a
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Sydney
Posts: 8
Default

Sorry quick reply got me there

3: Set core affinity to all cores
4: Found metashaders 2 amd FXO under C:\users\Bob\Saved Games and deleted

So now have a constant 90FPS on ground and constant 45 fps when running a mission with DEfault Super Sampling at 1.7, so will continue to tweak and play but thanks to all those that offered up some assistance, I appreciate the thought and the effort.. Better than the 8-12 I was getting at times.
Bob556a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:16 AM   #7
30mikemike
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Lincoln UK
Posts: 258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob556a View Post
Sorry quick reply got me there

3: Set core affinity to all cores
4: Found metashaders 2 amd FXO under C:\users\Bob\Saved Games and deleted

So now have a constant 90FPS on ground and constant 45 fps when running a mission with DEfault Super Sampling at 1.7, so will continue to tweak and play but thanks to all those that offered up some assistance, I appreciate the thought and the effort.. Better than the 8-12 I was getting at times.
Spot on mate, pleased it’s all sorted...enjoy!
__________________
i7 8700k @ 5.0ghz. Strix GTX1080Ti. 16GB RAM @ 3600. 2x Hyper X SSD’s with DCS on one. Oculus Rift S. Asus PG278-QR. Liquid Series PC with liquid CPU and GPU cooling.
30mikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fps, issues, oculus, performance

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 04:01 PM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.