Improve Persian Gulf Map - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-27-2019, 08:36 AM   #1
209GREEN

Default Improve Persian Gulf Map

I have some suggestions for upgrading the Persian Gulf map
First, why does not the snow effect map do? And why is it everywhere desert? The city of Shiraz is a very lush city and most of the snowy times.
Second, the Bushehr https://goo.gl/maps/7dE3YKATYWZso5VW9 and Chabahar https://goo.gl/maps/NAf2CLWTpua5TNxVA bases, two of the largest bases in Iran, are not designed at all
Third, sanctuaries designed for Iran are not like reality at all. On the shelter map, there are clusters, but in reality they are completely concrete
And there are a lot more problems
In all of Iran's bases, there is a wire for emergency landing (like what's in the aircraft's warships). The map, the location of the system is designed on the Runway, but there is no practical use of it.

Last edited by 209GREEN; 05-28-2019 at 05:46 PM.
209GREEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 10:18 PM   #2
Thick8

I just spent my $50 on this map and am seriously dissatisfied. I didn’t realize that Dubai only had 12 different office building and maybe as many apartment building designs. And everything is painted in about 5 pastel colors. Is this what Dubai really looks like or is this just that portly done?
Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground
Thick8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 11:12 PM   #3
M.Muir

I've enjoyed the PG, but my suggestion for an improvement would be this location.

Quasoura Airfield Image 1

Quasoura Airfield Image 2

Quasoura Airfield Image 3

Quasoura Airfield Image 4

Google Maps Image

I wouldn't want it fleshed out, but personally since the airfield is there. I would like to see it as a possible spawn point for aircraft. Leave it as is, don't model the terrain, but give it parking spots and a name for AI to take off and land at. It would be great for scripts like Random Air Traffic, but it could work for other uses. Even in it's current state.

Last edited by M.Muir; 05-27-2019 at 11:14 PM.
M.Muir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 11:12 PM   #4
Baco

Hey 209Green. Well even thow the map has a bigger area of land portrayed, the detailed areas (or the areas where things are modeled, is far smaller.

The two bases that you mention are outside the "detailed area".

Also the actual vegetation or soil, or climates not modeled outside the detailed area. Just imagine the map ends at the detailed area.
Baco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 11:18 PM   #5
Baco

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Muir View Post
I've enjoyed the PG, but my suggestion for an improvement would be this location.

Quasoura Airfield Image 1

Quasoura Airfield Image 2

Quasoura Airfield Image 3

Quasoura Airfield Image 4

Google Maps Image

I wouldn't want it fleshed out, but personally since the airfield is there. I would like to see it as a possible spawn point for aircraft. Leave it as is, don't model the terrain, but give it parking spots and a name for AI to take off and land at. It would be great for scripts like Random Air Traffic, but it could work for other uses. Even in it's current state.

Yeah, I wish they would create a generic Airstrip or base in the ME tat we could place in a mission tu simulate bases that are there fiscally but fall short of the detailed area for a few kilometers...
Baco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 09:30 AM   #6
209GREEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baco View Post

The two bases that you mention are outside the "detailed area".

https://goo.gl/maps/7dE3YKATYWZso5VW9

https://goo.gl/maps/NAf2CLWTpua5TNxVA

Old 05-29-2019, 09:38 AM   #7
209GREEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209GREEN View Post
In all of Iran's bases, there is a wire for emergency landing (like what's in the aircraft's warships). The map, the location of the system is designed on the Runway, but there is no practical use of it.
F-14 Emergency landing :

https://youtu.be/UcazI6sYHw0

Last edited by 209GREEN; 05-29-2019 at 09:45 AM.

Tags
improve, iriaf, map, persian gulf map, update