Adding pages to kneeboard

Bresson

Hi Guys

Can any1 help how to add png pages to the a10c kneeboard. I managed to do it flawlessly on the C101 - just added the png's in the kneeboard folder in the aircraft cockpit folder.

That folder I can't find for the A10c. However in game I do have a kneeboard..? Where's it located?

I want to add some server specific pages... TYVMIA

/Bresson

C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\KNEEBOARD

Followed by the aircraft name in the folder. The aircraft name generally follows the convention of the name the Module gets below the folder;

E:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft

The kneeboard accepts most sizes and formats, it's quite generous, even to the point of misaligned size:ratios, DCS will reshape most, but be aware that resizing can affect the quality.

• Like 1

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Can any1 help how to add png pages to the a10c kneeboard. I managed to do it flawlessly on the C101 - just added the png's in the kneeboard folder in the aircraft cockpit folder.

That folder I can't find for the A10c.

It's important to get the 'capitalisation' of the folder names correct i.e. FA-18C_hornet, Mi-8MT, etc.

The DCS kneeboard can use .jpg, .png, .bmp, .dds and .tga images, the main restriction is the file extension *must* be lowercase.

The Viggen is different, as it requires .lua file for each image and they need to be placed in module's folder.

This is a example kneeboard folder that should help with some module names

• [user name]\Saved Games\DCS\kneeboard\[module name] i.e.

attachment.php?attachmentid=202756&stc=1&d=1548111135

You can also add kneeboard images to a .miz mission file and make them mission specific i.e.

• AV8B Sandbox, Batumi.miz\KNEEBOARD\AV8BNA\IMAGES\kneeboard_1.jpg

However in game I do have a kneeboard..? Where's it located?

• DCS World\Mods\terrains\Caucasus\Kneeboard

I want to add some server specific pages... TYVMIA

You'll need to make them part of the .miz so players download them, otherwise they'll only have access to their own pages/versions.

For common images I use the mission brief.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Thx a bunch I'll have a look into this. Biggest issues right now is....see attached no A10C kneeboard files in the path as you showed :-)

In the game directory..2nd attached... I have created a kneeboard folder - but it doesn't show in-game. The actual in-game kneeboard (L-ctrl+K) location is what I'm looking for - I would just add png's to that per terrain then?!

I'd prefer to make airframe specifik pages... e.g. excerpts from Chuck's A10C guide

tyvm - again

288403659_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.c6884ae72090a53fc1b74c7160dc6f56.png

1887449336_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.faa39a9a6bb0ff68d0af4f9237812d75.png

Edited by Bresson

Thx a bunch I'll have a look into this. Biggest issues right now is....see attached no A10C kneeboard files in the path as you showed :-)

The "Saved Games" kneeboard folders aren't there by default, you need to create them i.e.

• C:\Users\Carsten\Saved Games\DCS\Kneeboard\A-10C

Note: If using DCS Open Beta, your save path might be:

• C:\Users\Carsten\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Kneeboard\A-10C

In the game directory..2nd attached... I have created a kneeboard folder - but it doesn't show in-game.

DCS doesn't look there.

The actual in-game kneeboard (L-ctrl+K) location is what I'm looking for - I would just add png's to that per terrain then?!

AFAIK, yes - I've only used the "Saved Games\DCS" and Viggen specific paths in 2.5.x

I'd prefer to make airframe specifik pages... e.g. excerpts from Chuck's A10C guide

tyvm - again

As you are having trouble, it may be better to manage your kneeboard pages using AlaskanGrizzly's Kneeboard Builder application.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

If you're going to be doing very much of this kind of work, you might want to consider something like:

http://www.dcskneeboardbuilder.com/

It makes short work of importing, grouping and placing pages in kneeboards for everything or for specific missions or aircraft. All I have to do is get the document that I want imported formatted to suit my purpose and this utility does the rest.