Carrier Launch after trapping?

GlidingWolf

I'm just trying to help people so they don't need to use F2. Calm down

I wasnt flipping, I use F2 too.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I managed to land on the deck, taxi to catapult nr 2 and hook up to the catapult with "U". Tower immediately gave me permission for T/O. Blast deflectors raised up. I hit full throttle with afterburners.

Yet the catapult refuses to launch. With my afterburners I manage to move forward a couple of inches, but even after 10 seconds full AB I fail to get a launch. Once I put throttle to IDLE the catapult pushes me back to my starting position.

What's going on?

You also need to map Launch Bar Control Switch Extend/Retract.

Once you are lined up on the catapult, press this switch to extend.

Then press U which will hook it up and you will get take off clearance.

After that press the Launch Bar Control Switch again to retract ( will retract after takeoff I believe).

You should then be able to set your trim ( I use take off trim), apply half flaps, and apply full afterburner and go.

I did several of these successful this morning and had a blast.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I managed to land on the deck, taxi to catapult nr 2 and hook up to the catapult with "U". Tower immediately gave me permission for T/O. Blast deflectors raised up. I hit full throttle with afterburners.

Yet the catapult refuses to launch. With my afterburners I manage to move forward a couple of inches, but even after 10 seconds full AB I fail to get a launch. Once I put throttle to IDLE the catapult pushes me back to my starting position.

What's going on?

Are you sure you are in afterburners? I mean they removed continuous throttle and added both button option for ab detent and checkbox in special for continuous throttle without button for ab. make sure your parking brake is off too.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

When you spawn ready to take off the TO trim is set to 16. If you land and set yourself up to takeoff again, the TO Trim button will only set your pitch trim to 12. You have to set it to 16, or whatever weight you are, yourself. That's the current state of things.
Yes, after landing you need to adjust, manually. That was why I was talking about first start... I am not sure if this is how it works in the real plane.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)