Control keymapping problem

I recently had to reinstall Windows 10 due to a serious crash after a recent OS update that left my system dead. I had not used DCS for a while prior to this. DCS itself was installed on a separate drive that was untouched. Before trying DCS again I repaired and updated it. This went fine.

I now find, however, that certain keys do not work as expected within DCS. For example, if I push the "" key for Communications it responds as if I pushed "]" instead. And if I push "]" it responds as if I pushed "[". The set of problem keys is not very large: They are keys for the following six characters:

"\][=~

All of these keys work fine in other windows programs and apps that I have tested, with the exception of the CH Control Manager, which is misinterpreting them the same way as DCS. (However, turning off the CH software does not solve the problem in DCS.)

Looking for ideas as to what is going on. I have no mods installed, and I started by deleting Saved Games\DCS to clean out anything that might be in there. Did not help.

UPDATE: The problem turned out to be caused by Logitech Gaming Software. Uninstalling that solved the problem.

Edited by sthompson
Problem RESOLVED

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Hi, it looks as if on the control Panel -> Language, you have a keyboard different from "US English" ... take a look there (I dont have Windows 10, so I can give a more precise location for this adjustment)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

No, I only have US English installed in language settings. And this would not explain why the keyboard works fine in almost every application except DCS.

BTW, I have tried several keyboards, including the on-screen keyboard, and they all have the same issue.

Hi, it looks as if on the control Panel -> Language, you have a keyboard different from "US English" ... take a look there (I dont have Windows 10, so I can give a more precise location for this adjustment)

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Control keymapping problem RESOLVED

I found the problem I reported at the top of this thread. Apparently Logitech Gaming Software is not compatible with recent releases of Windows 10. Uninstalling that software solved the problem.

I'm glad that you found the cause ... makes me refrain from ever updating to Windows 10 :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB