Sukhoi Su-27 Overview - Page 4 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2016, 09:05 PM   #31
Gierasimov
Senior Member
 
Gierasimov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Undisclosed NATO country
Posts: 1,490
Cool While I agree to some of this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGTharos View Post
(...) I have a funny feeling that while they're great aircraft, they don't really live up to the hype
Care to elaborate on that feeling? I am curious to know your opinion...
Gierasimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 02:44 PM   #32
Kuky
Veteran
 
Kuky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SYD, Australia
Posts: 9,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gierasimov View Post
Care to elaborate on that feeling? I am curious to know your opinion...
Don't worry about his feeling, GG is strictly US jets fan and like in that "official briefing" which has no propaganda in it at all (wink, wink) the eagle is clearly better and will win against Flanker.
__________________
No longer active in DCS...
Kuky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 03:04 PM   #33
mvsgas
Veteran
 
mvsgas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 8,627
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGTharos View Post
... while they're great aircraft, they don't really live up to the hype
No aircraft ever lives up to the hype.
__________________
To whom it may concern,
I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.
Thank you for you patience.


Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true.
.
mvsgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 03:44 PM   #34
Kunz
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: India
Posts: 593
Send a message via AIM to Kunz
Default

Honestly, this bickering over which aircraft is better is getting old and tiring. I admit that I've done it in the past myself.

Let me just say this though, against each other, F-15 vs. Su-27, with all the bells and whistles and each aircraft/missiles operating to their max, it would be a really close contest. Each aircraft have their own unique advantages and each approach the battle differently.
Kunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 04:41 PM   #35
wasserfall
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 649
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunz View Post
Honestly, this bickering over which aircraft is better is getting old and tiring. I admit that I've done it in the past myself.

Let me just say this though, against each other, F-15 vs. Su-27, with all the bells and whistles and each aircraft/missiles operating to their max, it would be a really close contest. Each aircraft have their own unique advantages and each approach the battle differently.
Well said!
__________________
Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G
wasserfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 11:17 AM   #36
Kuky
Veteran
 
Kuky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SYD, Australia
Posts: 9,562
Default

Not just that but other factors like numbers and strategy (or maybe I should say tactics) play even bigger role. T-34 tanks were used to kill heavy tanks like Tiger, but if you were to just compare them side by side which is what most are doing with Eagle vs Flanker, T-34 would always lose. So which is better, can only be shown in actual combat, in which I am very certain, Flankers would be taking out Eagles, and of course other way around also.
__________________
No longer active in DCS...

Last edited by Kuky; 10-15-2016 at 02:08 PM.
Kuky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 12:53 PM   #37
Emu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,166
Default

Dogfight I would give to the Su-27. BVR I would give to the F-15. But just a guess, if we're base-lining around end of Cold War.
Emu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 09:11 PM   #38
Boberro
Veteran
 
Boberro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ಠ_ಠ
Posts: 6,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuky View Post
ah that propaganda machine... how easy it is to notice it on the "enemy" side but not on yours
I haven't seen so many (if at all) propaganda movies with super cool FX effects on the "west" side of the world.
In meantime I've seen few from eastern side like flying Su-27, killing all targets in ninja style Released by Sukhoi if I remember correctly.
There are also other kind of "support" like texts in various forums (news sites) ect.
Generally example in Polish web sites there is one picture of the Russia - country of the god, there richness, there is great president, government is the best, military is the best, and west is wrong, west is bad, F-16 is crap, F-22 is toy, Su-27 eats Raptor without problem, Su-24 makes ship run away with crew getting to psychiatric center, Russian economy is super ect

So yeah, it is very easily noticeable and laughable, especially when you compare it to the facts or just turn serious thinking on.
They have to make such propaganda again and again because five minutes later nobody believes that any longer.
__________________
Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD
ಠ_ಠ
Boberro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 12:22 AM   #39
Kuky
Veteran
 
Kuky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SYD, Australia
Posts: 9,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boberro View Post
I haven't seen so many (if at all) propaganda movies with super cool FX effects on the "west" side of the world.
In meantime I've seen few from eastern side like flying Su-27, killing all targets in ninja style Released by Sukhoi if I remember correctly.
There are also other kind of "support" like texts in various forums (news sites) ect.
Generally example in Polish web sites there is one picture of the Russia - country of the god, there richness, there is great president, government is the best, military is the best, and west is wrong, west is bad, F-16 is crap, F-22 is toy, Su-27 eats Raptor without problem, Su-24 makes ship run away with crew getting to psychiatric center, Russian economy is super ect

So yeah, it is very easily noticeable and laughable, especially when you compare it to the facts or just turn serious thinking on.
They have to make such propaganda again and again because five minutes later nobody believes that any longer.
Bobero mate... my point is that everyone has propaganda but that people only see propaganda on other side and not theirs. So whatever you said just now just proves my point.
__________________
No longer active in DCS...
Kuky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
f-15, su-27

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 12:19 AM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.