Su27 Keyboard Flight Controls ! - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-14-2014, 08:26 PM   #21
Lizzard

If you want to use the Keyboard..well fine..just do it...but don`t expect ED to put much energy into it..way to many "to-be-done" things on the way..
Old 11-14-2014, 08:31 PM   #22
FlankerNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzard View Post
If you want to use the Keyboard..well fine..just do it...but don`t expect ED to put much energy into it..way to many "to-be-done" things on the way..
There no energy involve in this. Its already there with Su33 and Su25t,

And your confused with flight model and input controls. You are mixing them or either afraid of Keyboard Warriors
FlankerNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 08:35 PM   #23
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlankerNation View Post
or either afraid of Keyboard Warriors
This statement isnt helpful to your cause....

Anyways...

The more advanced the FM, in this case PFM, the more likely it will be difficult to control with the keyboard, even with our flight sticks, the difference in real world controls and those can be seen because of this... I am gonna assume that ED probably wont make this a high priority, but another tester has brought it to their attention.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 08:46 PM   #24
FlankerNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by adese View Post
FlankerNation, you indeed have every right to play how you wish, and kudos to your skills. I remember flying via keyboard myself in other sims as well as being without a TrackIR for quite a while - always impressing the people I flew with that I could fly as well as I was using the numpad for looking around.

I think simply put, as the game moves towards realism, the gap between realistic controls and unrealistic controls will increase. It's not in EDs interest or mission to support and develop an unrealistic input platform of gameplay and I think it is, frankly, unrealistic to expect them to divert their attention otherwise. Plainly put - there is no (financial) incentive for them to do so.

You referenced "real life [...] pilots" in your post - this is the direction ED is going. Those resistant to change will be left behind inevitably.

This is not to sway you one way or the other just to highlight where this platform is headed and its up to us all to decide how we invest in our engagement (time and money) with the game. Hopefully ED hears our collective input to help direct them however I think this particular point is pretty open and shut.
I don't think ED is going to force their customers to buy joysticks cheap or professional but respect their approach towards this great sim.

A10C is a hell of a AFM ! and I fly this hog with keyboard ! And damn I make hell on earth, why ? one simple thing .... Rudder auto center OK, Roll Auto center OK ....... Pitch ! Don't auto center stays where I want it to stay ! Manually center it buy tapping or pressing up/down keys and HOLAY LO YAAAH ...

Last edited by FlankerNation; 11-14-2014 at 09:08 PM.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:03 PM   #25
FlankerNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
This statement isnt helpful to your cause....

Anyways...

The more advanced the FM, in this case PFM, the more likely it will be difficult to control with the keyboard, even with our flight sticks, the difference in real world controls and those can be seen because of this... I am gonna assume that ED probably wont make this a high priority, but another tester has brought it to their attention.
Let me give an example. You know racing Sims like Rfactor and others on PC. There real car handling physics are there, they give option to their Users to spend realistic expensive peripherals and on the other hand they also provide options to realistically setup keyboard sensitivity so some one needs to drive the car realistically with keyboard can.

So why not with DCS WORLD and its module's. With A10c and Su25t I can do it so why not others.

Also think about the new Comer's and how your product is available for the more masses.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:15 PM   #26
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Let me give an example. You know racing Sims like Rfactor and others on PC. There real car handling physics are there, they give option to their Users to spend realistic expensive peripherals and on the other hand they also provide options to realistically setup keyboard sensitivity so some one needs to drive the car realistically with keyboard can.

So why not with DCS WORLD and its module's. With A10c and Su25t I can do it so why not others.

Also think about the new Comer's and how your product is available for the more masses.
Well I did a lot of racing with rFactor and iRacing (for the longest time iRacing restricted you to a wheel I believe), you need a steering wheel, just because you can control it with a keyboard doesnt make it desirable if you want to go fast and be smooth. I am sure there is a handful of people out there that can do a reasonably good job of driving with a keyboard, but I would guess the majority of serious players are using a wheel, anywhere from 20 bucks to 300. And trust me, even in the wheels there is a difference, when I upgrade from my Logitech Red to a G25, the difference was incredible... anyways...

The key factors here are that the majority of the customer base owns some form of flight stick and that the sim is simulating a type of control using a stick... so you are really fighting an up hill battle here. I appreciate your preference, but you are a very very small minority I think, ED would consider that in how they support different controls, if there isnt enough demand, you wont get much action.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**

Last edited by NineLine; 11-14-2014 at 09:31 PM.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:33 PM   #27
FlankerNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Well I did a lot of racing with rFactor and iRacing (for the longest time iRacing restricted your to a wheel I believe), you need a steering wheel, just because you can control it with a keyboard doesnt make it desirable if you want to go fast and be smooth. I am sure there is a handful of people out there that can do a reasonably good job of driving with a keyboard, but I would guess the majority of serious players are using a wheel, anywhere from 20 bucks to 300. And trust me, even in the wheels there is a difference, when I upgrade from my Logitech Red to a G25, the difference was incredible... anyways...

The key factors here are that the majority of the customer base owns some form of flight stick and that the sim is simulating a type of control using a stick... so you are really fighting an up hill battle here. I appreciate your preference, but you are a very very small minority I think, ED would consider that in how they support different controls, if there isnt enough demand, you wont get much action.
I m sorry but If ED thinks that I m a small minority then why the keyboard flight controls where there in the first place ?

I also love to someday change to fly with a stick but please let minority like us enjoy it as we can and let others to join in this hobby. And always remember from small you get big numbers and from there you get bigger and bigger. Ignoring the small minority isn't the solution for mass marketing...

Last edited by FlankerNation; 11-14-2014 at 09:38 PM.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:49 PM   #28
LowLee

Old 11-14-2014, 09:54 PM   #29
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
I m sorry but If ED thinks that I m a small minority then why the keyboard flight controls where there in the first place ?
I am not trying to speak for ED, I am only assuming based on what I see, that said, the question probably should be that, Does ED see keyboard users as a small minority and therefore support for keyboard controls are being dropped ans they upgrade FMs, or Are FMs getting so complex that keyboard controls are becoming less viable... after all its only as they add PFMs that this seems to be an issue if I understand you correctly... the Su-27 and F-15C?
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 11-15-2014, 12:10 AM   #30
Kenan

DCS is primarily a SIM, not an arcade game. While there IS support for keyboard, you can't really expect 'further development' in this area?

Commanding Officer of:
2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"
See our squads here and our promo video.
Croatian radio chat for DCS World
Kenan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keyboard, keyboard commands, keyboard flight controls