VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack - Page 554 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-03-2020, 07:51 AM   #5531
Greyman

Vaicom Pro already automatically selects the most appropriate PTT buttons for each aircraft. For example, the Hornet just uses 2 of the PTT buttons (forward and down for radio 1 and radio 2 respectively on a WH HOTAS). The other PTT buttons are disabled.

For the example above, are you suggesting that this might be changed so that you would be able to press different buttons for the two radios, than you might for any other aircraft with the same 2 PTT mappings or would you be happy with the aircraft specific defaults that VP already selects?
Greyman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 03:51 PM   #5532
HILOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyman View Post
...are you suggesting that this might be changed so that you would be able to press different buttons for the two radios, than you might for any other aircraft with the same 2 PTT mappings or would you be happy with the aircraft specific defaults that VP already selects?
yes. the real hardware/HOTAS switches used for PTT vary from one a/c to another, and i like to replicate that on my HOTAS. AFAIK currently the only way to change PTT -> TX mapping is editing the profile within voice attack, i.e. re-mapping the TX nodes to one's HOTAS switches. I thought the VAICOM app launcher could be a good opportunity to overcome this by saving different VAICOM profiles (with different TX mappings) for every a/c. any profile could then (hopefully) be loaded via popup menu from the app's taskbar icon.
hope that makes sense...
Old 06-03-2020, 03:59 PM   #5533
Greyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILOK View Post
yes. the real hardware/HOTAS switches used for PTT vary from one a/c to another, and i like to replicate that on my HOTAS. AFAIK currently the only way to change PTT -> TX mapping is editing the profile within voice attack, i.e. re-mapping the TX nodes to one's HOTAS switches. I thought the VAICOM app launcher could be a good opportunity to overcome this by saving different VAICOM profiles (with different TX mappings) for every a/c. any profile could then (hopefully) be loaded via popup menu from the app's taskbar icon.
hope that makes sense...
Yes, i now understand, but whether and when it can be done is a question, that I guess only Hollywood_315 will be able to answer.
Greyman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 04:17 PM   #5534
Hollywood_315

There's many ways to go about this. You can e.g. change your TX mapping dynamically to different physical keys in a single profile using the plugins Exposed Variables.
Alternatively, you can use different TARGET profiles for different aircraft etc.

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World
www.vaicompro.com
Hollywood_315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 04:35 PM   #5535
HILOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood_315 View Post
There's many ways to go about this. You can e.g. change your TX mapping dynamically to different physical keys in a single profile using the plugins Exposed Variables.
Alternatively, you can use different TARGET profiles for different aircraft etc.
thanks for the info! i guess using TARGET is not an option for me, as i like to keep my controls DX-only...but will have a look at exposed variables.

anyway thanks
Old 06-03-2020, 06:00 PM   #5536
Hollywood_315

No worries. For those that are interested in TARGET stuff let me take this opportunity to recommend the stellar work by @Homefries, make sure to check out this thread here
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116454

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World
www.vaicompro.com
Hollywood_315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 06:11 PM   #5537
overalien

Quote:
No worries. For those that are interested in TARGET stuff let me take this opportunity to recommend the stellar work by @Homefries, make sure to check out this thread here
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116454
I can only concur! Home Fries really rocks it.

System specs:
Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz
| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:
7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs
| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5
overalien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 10:08 AM   #5538
MAXsenna

Quote:
I do this with a voice command in Voice Attack. Made a VA profile for solely VAICOM profile switching along with the Exposed Variables, that I made global in VA. "Switch profile", takes a few seconds though, and one must be in the cockpit of course.
Cannot make it work with the Ka-50 though. Argument is "Ka-50". For the other helis I just use helicopters, as they are basically all the same.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
MAXsenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 03:47 PM   #5539
lxsapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HILOK View Post
thanks for the info! i guess using TARGET is not an option for me, as i like to keep my controls DX-only...but will have a look at exposed variables.

anyway thanks
Hello @HILOK

This was my own gripe with TARGET but since I've found a hack in this forums to Use up to 132 DX inputs plus the directional Hat with it, I'm back at using it and it's great. This is actually one of the functions I have in my TARGET profile, I use the same DX inputs for VAICOM TXs and I swap that input around my HOTAS depending on the AC I'm flying.
lxsapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 06:45 PM   #5540
Al-Azraq

Is VAICOM working for the 109? Couldn't make it work today.
i7 7700K @ 4,8 Ghz | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5
Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16 C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen
Caucasus | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy
Al-Azraq is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comms, vaicom, viacom, voice recognition, voiceattack