Capt Zeen F-14 Tomcat v1.0 Helios profile !!!

Capt Zeen

First of all, i want to apologize, i completely forgot to post in this section...So......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 1 Changelog:

15/Aug/2019

Changes on PILOT/DASHBOARD panel:

- Fixed Master arm switch

- Fixed FF bars

- Fixed TIT bars

- Fixed Flaps indicator

- Fixed RATL needle value

- Fixed safe RALT button

- Added mask over the hud modes and Steer CMD buttons, so can no be clickec once are already clicked

- Corrected the Master arm cover open png image

- Added 3 missing needles images for the Altimeter

Changes on Helios export files:

- Mi-8, P51 and MIG21 are no more exceptions on the HeliosCore.lua file and don't need the if evaluation.

- Helios_MI8.lua now export the instruments in the main loop and the switches on the secondary one, so the profile works smoothest.

- Now MI-8 profile updates when you are in F2 mode (external view)

- Helios_F14.lua Fixed RALT needle value

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here we come, with another Helios profile! This time for the F-14 Tomcat.

I made the profile using the new Generic interface in Helios, and i developed boths cockpits, the pilot and the RIO, so you can switch beetween them at real time!

So here you got a fully Pilot/RIO input/output F-14 Tomcat profile. Hope you like it !

For this profile i exported all the instruments, lamps, selectors, switches and levers in the F-14 Tomcat pilot and RIO cockpits.

And finally, i use my new Kneeboard control in Helios editor to create a new NAV panel, a Kneeboard with all the airport charts from all the actual DCS maps! including my Normandy Aerodrome charts v1.0 package.

1POPtct.jpg

Main panel Pilot

TWoO10K.jpg

Pilot Left and Right panels

TPKfDER.jpg

RIO Main panel

HlxnF0F.jpg

RIO left panel with Lantirn active

WmhZ5Qg.jpg

RIO Right and buttom panels

LMwJqeL.jpg

New Kneeboard Nav panel

- HELIOS VERSION NEEDED:

This new profile uses the new tools in Helios, so you need to have the Helios version 1.4.2019.0616 or above

You can donwload from here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302014/

- EXPORT FILES:

Included in the Scripts folder, you can find the export.lua, and a Helios folder with the export files needed to run with this profile

In this version i included a new file organization for the export. Thanks a lot to Crivi, who reorganized all the files and fucntions by planes.

Now, new airplanes can have their own files and do not ineterfere with the helios main export functions.

You need to install those files in your scripts folder.

- Monitor aspect resolutions:

I made two different profiles, v1.0 for 16:10 monitors and v1.0b for 16:9 monitors. Use the one better fit width you monitor resolution.

F-14_V1.0.hpf .....................16:10 monitor resolutions

F-14_V1.0_b.hpf .....................16:9 monitor resolutions

I made the entire graphic art, based on screenshots of the simulator, and the textures folder of the game.

I used the airport charts from http://www.virtual-jabog32.de and the tactical chart TC-1 created by =MAF=Mongoose and the NDBs list created by Lino_Germany.

For the export.lua i used the Loophole version, compatible width KA50, A10c and FC3 as a base for all my implementations.

In the export.lua i include a couple of functions by [FSF]Ian to export the digits of the UV26 for the MI-8

Thanks to Crivi, who reorganized all the export files by airplanes and functions.

I want to give thanks to Bluefinbima, for let me include the new helios controls and features.

Thanks to Rashmaninov, for implementing the new helios Trans-rotate control.¡Gracias amigo!

Thanks to Cylution, yzfanimal, Damien022, Derammo, and Piet Van Nes for the good work done implementing new Helios features.

And of course to Gadroc for creating Helios, this great software.

PROFILE FEATURES

PILOT COCKPIT

Main Front Panel:

- All the instruments, switches and lamps

- Empty spaces to visualize the viewport exports for Radio repiters, VDI, ECMD ans RWR

Left panel:

- All the instruments, switches, lamps levers included.

- For the first time the throtles are included aswell !

- Empty space to visualize the viewport exports for Radio UHF

Right panel:

- All the instruments, switches, levers and lamps

Bottom panel:

- All the instruments, switches,levers and lamps

RIO COCKPIT

Main Front Panel:

- All the instruments, switches and lamps

- Empty spaces to visualize the viewport exports for Radio repiters, TID, DDD, ECMD and RWR

Left panel:

- All the instruments, switches, lamps levers included.

- Lantirn Panel included too, when the lantirn pod is equiped on the airplane

- Empty space to visualize the viewport exports for Radio VHF

Right panel:

- All the instruments, switches, levers and lamps

Bottom panel:

- All the instruments, switches,levers and lamps

- Navigation panel:

Aerodromes and visual operation chart v 4.0.3 - http://www.virtual-jabog32.de

Persian Gulf Kneeboard pages by Pellelil - https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303320/

Nevada/Arizona Airports diagrams V2.3 - http://www.476vfightergroup.com

DCS Normandy Aerodrome Charts V1.0 by Capt Zeen - http://www.captzeen.com

Custom panel - for user custom images, replace the ones in : Documents\Helios\Images\Capt_Zeen\Kneeboards\custom using the same name of the images

- About panel:

Info about the profile and version.

INSTALATION

-Install Helios if you don't have it yet. https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3302014/

-Copy the profile on the profiles folder, usualy in user/my documents/helios/profiles

-Copy the folder Capt_Zeen on the images folder, usualy in user/my documents/helios/images

-Run the HeliosProfileEditor, load the profile Capt_Zeen_F-14V2.0 or Capt_Zeen_F-14V2.0b, and perform a Reset Monitors from the menu Profile.

-Save the profile using your custom name

RUNNING THE PROFILE

-Open the Helios Control Center, select the profile and start it.

CONFIGURING THE SECOND MONITOR

Included in the package, there is a folder called "DCS Monitor Configuration" width a complete folders structure you can drop on DCS World instalation folder. This structure prepare the diferents lua scripts to export the views to the second monitor to represent the Pilot and RIO cockpits.

I created 3 diferent monitor configuration files:

- one for the Pilot: F14_PILOT.lua

- one for the RIO: F14_RIO.lua

- and one that include the two at the same time, F14_MULTI.lua , just in case HeatBlur make the changes needed to have the two cocpkpits at the same time without overlapings.

Unless you got my same configuration (two 1920x1080 monitors), you will need to change the coordinates x and y of every viewport and the width and height sizes of them in the DCS Monitor Configuration\Config\MonitorSetup files.

Change it before copy to the game folder, and save a copy of this structure, cause DCS world rewrite this files every update!

To calculate the correct position of each viewport, run Helios and start the profile. Take a screenshot and paste the image in any art program. Paint from Windows works well.

Put the cursor over the left-up corners of every empty spaces and write down the coordinates. Drag a box from that point to the right_down corner, and take the width and height of the rectangle.

Modify the monitor configuration file you want to use width your correct numbers. and you can now copy the complete "DCS Monitor Configuration" folder to the DCS game folder, or use a Mods control program like JSGME to do it.

As example, here you got a video tutorial where you can see how i do this process on the F18 profile:

CONTACT

discord channel for support:

https://discord.gg/sS66aJf

As allways you can download from my site:

http://www.captzeen.com

Edited by Capt Zeen
  • Thanks 1

Very interesting. So is this a sort of a way to runna cockpit off of a secondary computer? Could I basically load this onto something like a Microsoft Surface and use it as an extra bay of controls? (Having devious ideas of 2seating the pilot/rio stuff though applying lots of screens and controllers.)

Very interesting. So is this a sort of a way to runna cockpit off of a secondary computer? Could I basically load this onto something like a Microsoft Surface and use it as an extra bay of controls? (Having devious ideas of 2seating the pilot/rio stuff though applying lots of screens and controllers.)

Same computer, two o more monitors. Preferably touch screens, but yo can use it with mouse, too.

Hello all. I just commint the changes to fix the issues all of you reported:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 1 Changelog:

15/Aug/2019

Changes on PILOT/DASHBOARD panel:

- Fixed Master arm switch

- Fixed FF bars

- Fixed TIT bars

- Fixed Flaps indicator

- Fixed RATL needle value

- Fixed safe RALT button

- Added mask over the hud modes and Steer CMD buttons, so can no be clickec once are already clicked

- Corrected the Master arm cover open png image

- Added 3 missing needles images for the Altimeter

Changes on Helios export files:

- Mi-8, P51 and MIG21 are no more exceptions on the HeliosCore.lua file and don't need the if evaluation.

- Helios_MI8.lua now export the instruments in the main loop and the switches on the secondary one, so the profile works smoothest.

- Now MI-8 profile updates when you are in F2 mode (external view)

- Helios_F14.lua Fixed RALT needle value

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you already has adapted your profile to your monitors and don't want to doit again, take note that all the changes are on the PILOT/DASHBOARD panel, so you can replace just this panel in your actual profile:

- Open de update-1 profile in one Helios profile Editor.

- Open your adapted profile in another Helios profile editor.

- In th update-1 profile navigate on the layers window to PILOT panel and select the DASHBOARD panel ( it become sorrounded by a blue border), now copy it with CTRL+C

- In your profile navigate to PILOT panel, select the DASHBOARD panel and delete it using the DEL key.

- Now Paste the copied nuew panel with CTRL+V

- Save your profile with another name, just in case, haha !

Edited by Capt Zeen

• 1 month later...

Just playing around with the profile

My first attempt to get the RALT and speed gauges on the HUD where I can see them better.

224681881_speedandralt.thumb.png.f105f09f0af0430d015b4873b5e887e7.png

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Happy new year to Capt Zeen (thank you for all the incredible work you do!) and the rest of this wonderful community.

I'm having difficulties getting the "F14_UHF_ARC159_RP", the "F14_VHF_ARC182_RP" and the "F14_RWR_P" to render on my 2nd monitor.

All the other exports (the UHF_ARC159, the ECMD and the VDI) work perfectly but the first three don't want to render for some reason. I've triple checked the x, y coordinates and they're in the right spot. I've even tried running the game without the profile activated but they're not rendering at all. I double checked that I copied the cockpit scripts to my "Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft\F14" folder so that's not a problem either.

Has anyone experienced a problem similar to this? Everything else seems to be working perfectly...just struggling to get those three exports to render properly.

Thanks for any possible ideas and again, happy new year!

UPDATE: Got it fixed. For anyone who suffers from this problem, I was putting the aformentioned .lua scripts for the RWR and the UHF radios in the wrong folder. They need to go in the official DCSWorld folder. In my case, since I have the Steam version, that is: Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\Mods\aircraft\F14\Cockpit\Scripts\

Edited by Stewmanji

Hangar: A-7 | A-10C | AV-8B | F-14B | F-15C | F-15E | F-16C | F-18C | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA342 | UH-1H

• 3 months later...

Hey Capt Zeen,

Thank you for your awesome work:

I ran into some bugs with this profile, maybe you can look into it.

- The switch for the fuel dump is inverted in Helios compared to the cockpit one.

- The Master RESET switch pressed in Helios doesn't do anything in DCS. I rummaged through the lua files, and I can't find the problem (the device ID and command ID are good...)

Cheers!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to run this on my Surface Pro laptop? I'd love to have my main switches configured for the Cat on the Surface Pro's touchscreen, and then be able to simply touch the screen to move switches and dials - guessing this isn't possible?

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

• 2 months later...

user error

Edited by sobe

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• 1 month later...

I just want to echo all the praise and appreciation of Capt Zeen's work.. It really adds another level of immersion to the sim. I'm really enjoying flying the F14, and whilst the profile includes both the pilot and RIO views, with only 1 touchscreen for Helios, I can only get one set of instrument exports to work at any one time. When you switch to the RIO view, you still see the pilots ECMD and VDI peeking through the window where you'd expect the RIO's TID to appear etc. Of course, you can export both pilot and RIO instruments at the same time, but they overlap each other.

What I'd love to be able to do is switch between views and for the pilot & RIO's instruments to be rendered only when in the appropriate view. I tried (unsuccessfully) to find any way to do this with Helios 1.4, and I am wondering if any of the new 1.6 features now make this possible? I can see that monitor setup profiles are selected dynamically now to export the relevant viewports, but if I understand correctly, this is still dependent on the aircraft name, and only set at mission start - I'm not sure if it is possible to dynamically change profile when changing view (rather than changing aircraft).

I am also wondering if DCS BIOS hub scripts might provide an alternative way to do this? Has anyone any ideas, or has done anything similar that might give a starting point on how I might achieve what I'm looking to do?

I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but I believe it's a limitation of DCS that makes the ability to dynamically change profiles when changing views impossible (i.e. changing exported displays when switching between the pilot and RIO seat).

My understanding is that when you click "fly" DCS is processing that monitor setup file and locking things in place. Hence, whatever you have asked to be rendered is essentially "locked in." Thus, there is no way to simply activate or deactivate viewports while in flight.

1.6 definitely did a lot, but I think what you're asking for would require ED to fundamentally change how viewport exporting works.

The only way I could properly envision what you're looking to do would be to utilize two monitors...one for the pilot's view and and one for the RIO. Then you would export all the relevant viewports. That's far from ideal but I can't think of another option off the top of my head.

If you haven't already, I would encourage you to bring this up in Capt Zeen's discord. There is an F-14 channel there where you could ask this question and others might have a more detailed understanding of the limitations (or a possible alternate solution).

Edited by Stewmanji

Hangar: A-7 | A-10C | AV-8B | F-14B | F-15C | F-15E | F-16C | F-18C | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA342 | UH-1H

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi All,

May someone can help me with a probem?

I am able to view the Pilot Main Panel without problems but I cannot absolutely view the Pilot Left and Right panels, I have a 3-monitor configuration, but even when I launch the configurator and reset my monitors I always see only the main monitor, this using both Capt_Zeen_F-14V2.0 and Capt_Zeen_F-14V2.0b.

Running Standalone DCS Openbeta updated to last version and last version of Helios too.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...