[OLD BUG REPORTS] Cleaning and Organization of old posts

RAZBAM_ELMO

When trying to push the ignition switch in the NTTR training mission ("Startup from cold and dark") nothing happens: no sound (I would expect something similar to a clicking sound), no animation (button does not go down) and engine does not start either.

(Of course Ignition switch orange cover is open; Using Cheat -> Start Procedure starts the engine properly)

2.5.6 known bugs lists for Bf-109: engine start doesn't work - maybe there is a similar issue with the M-2000C?

Any ideas?

Edited by jetsimace

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I often bump the throttle which places it forward of the idle-cutoff detent thereby making a successful start impossible. Ensuring the throttle is at idle and clicking the idle-cutoff release button prior to start resolves it. That may be stating the obvious and not a solution to your bug and if so, sorry.

Your 3rd ballpoint references a current non-functional feature per the manual. All that is required to display a synthetic runway is that the runway lat/long be properly set up in the editor as the destination waypoint. PCA App Mode and the proper ILS frequency complete the process. Since we cannot currently place a synthetic runway ourselves with the PCN, it probably makes no difference whether or not there is a CP/PD entry.

Edited by Smokin Hole

Also for the air-to-ground modes, it seems that the radar modes are not reset correctly after CNM neutral. For instance going to CAS and using CNM forward after using guns in air-to-air and a boresight radar mode will result in the HUD (and I guess radar) not in a2g but still a2a.

Thanks Smokin Hole!

There is no bug: I had the volume turned down so I could'nt hear the engine and must have been too impatient to wait for the engine to spool up :-)

But it would be great if the ignition switch would be animated to get a visual feedback when the button is pressed...thanks!

Yes, with the mirage, even with the « show pilot when available » checkbox enabled in the options, it doesn’t appears at the mission start and must be displayed by the key binding. Other planes start with the pilot shown at the start.

Edited by Chapa

i7 12700k, RTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, M.2 512Go, Quest 2

This is probably why when I sometimes lose lock on someone with in 20nm it all of a sudden can't be reacquired... I think my scan is centered but it really isn't? Will have to try that unlock magic button

It's 'target unlock' to break radar lock on target, not 'magic unlock' (which also exist to break Magic Lock)

ever since the update to the Mirage,,, has it been a year? 6 months? anyways, it has never been as easy as it was... I have beaten my brains out trying to fly and work it like before the last big shakeup with new cockpit and such. I think something is screwy, but I can't be sure if it my body or the plane. I know for sure it worked a lot easier a while back...

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

I've been flying this a bit since 2.5.6 and I noticed that my log book total hours were way higher than expected since I reinstalled a few months back. I've flown the Mirage probably about 40-50 minutes since I reinstalled and the log book indicates 48+ hours. I looked at other DCS modules and their values are were I would expect. Look I'm all for rounding up, but this seems a bit excessive.

B

The_GhostRider

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Your 3rd ballpoint references a current non-functional feature per the manual. All that is required to display a synthetic runway is that the runway lat/long be properly set up in the editor as the destination waypoint. PCA App Mode and the proper ILS frequency complete the process. Since we cannot currently place a synthetic runway ourselves with the PCN, it probably makes no difference whether or not there is a CP/PD entry.

Also apparently the glideslope an heading are inversely placed in the INS even when properly setup. In the ILS tut, when I'm checking airfield waypt in the tutorial, it shows 3 and 310. Presumably 3 is the glideslope (as per aerodrome chart also) and 310 is the heading (?), but when modifying, it treats the left value as heading and right value as glideslope (left value allows for 3.1 digits, right value 2.1).

Like the synthetic runway, the localiser should be tied to the landing waypoint and use the runway's course. It should not float about the HUD like a wayward Azimuth Steering Line.

attachment.php?attachmentid=165259&stc=1&d=1498939234

Similar Airbus system.

attachment.php?attachmentid=165258&d=1498938012

Bug report : https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3183828#post3183828

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

This problem definitely exists in 2.5.5 as well, with the added complication of it seeming to be unable to lock scanned targets until within 20nm as often as not.

There is another bug. Use B-scope instead of PPI.

When you are in PPI, you have to place radar cursor on B-scope target's position to be able to lock.

So directly in front it's the same, but when you try to lock off axis, there is a huge difference.

It shouldn't be like that, it's a bug.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

ENC button still present in manual 1.1.0 and M02 training missions

The current manual version 1.1.0 still has some references to the "ENC" button at the INS panel (which in the current OpenBeta 2.5.6 isn`t visible any more), e.g. at:

1. pages 160, 161 and 162 (pictures/screenshots)

2. "...If the ENC button on the INS Panel is lit..." at page 96

3. "...The ENC button will blink ..." at page 160

Also there are still references in the training missions "...M02. Introduction to the INS" for both Caucasus and NTTR versions.

Thank you!