[REPORTED] Ka-50 Realistic Dust - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2019, 09:42 PM   #11
NineLine
Community Manager

This would most likely need to be addressed by the terrain engine, and not individual modules, that said, dust and such has been reported already.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Old 07-06-2019, 06:57 AM   #12
pepin1234

Just in case that help to change it quick. I have spotted and destroyed helicopters because the dust. Maybe they can make it similar to the Tunguska new smoke just added

Last edited by pepin1234; 07-06-2019 at 06:59 AM.
Old 07-07-2019, 12:52 PM   #13
Murey2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepin1234 View Post
Just in case that help to change it quick. I have spotted and destroyed helicopters because the dust. Maybe they can make it similar to the Tunguska new smoke just added

Yup, I have never got killed by radar weapon while flying sneaky with the Ka-50 but always the damn stupid white smoke

KA-50 THE CLOUD MAKING MACHINE WTH!

DUST WHITER THAN CLOUDS IN GREEN MAP WTH? Seriously ED.
Old 07-07-2019, 05:55 PM   #14
Eldur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murey2 View Post
compared to this dust below seriously ED guys.

Taking a closer look at that pic makes one thing clear: In DCS the rotor downwash doesn't push away the dust to the sides, instead we have to deal with a rather heavy brownout (colours totally mismatching though). Nothing completely unrealistic, but it's the only state we have at the moment, regardless of the ground we're above, except for water. This sure needs some work and I guess that will come with the new weather engine and humidity simulation. Until then I'd actually prefer not to have it that excessively TBH.
Old 07-07-2019, 08:14 PM   #15
Murey2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldur View Post
Taking a closer look at that pic makes one thing clear: In DCS the rotor downwash doesn't push away the dust to the sides, instead we have to deal with a rather heavy brownout (colours totally mismatching though). Nothing completely unrealistic, but it's the only state we have at the moment, regardless of the ground we're above, except for water. This sure needs some work and I guess that will come with the new weather engine and humidity simulation. Until then I'd actually prefer not to have it that excessively TBH.

Yeah it does blind me when doing low alt. maneuvers...

Also wing men in multiplayer get blinded as well, on of them crashed with me he said "I didn't see you from all the smoke!"
Closed Thread

Tags
dust, helicopter, ka-50, realism