Touch down Speed - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-04-2018, 09:21 PM   #11
Shadow KT

Man, don't know if it is my stick, but having real issues controlling the thing with flaps down and the speed just dorps and increases so quickly it is crazy

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days
Shadow KT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 09:32 PM   #12
David OC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow KT View Post
Man, don't know if it is my stick, but having real issues controlling the thing with flaps down and the speed just dorps and increases so quickly it is crazy
She does get very dirty, be ready to bring the power on.

This is the NATOPS chart you should roughly reference to check the onspeed AOA indicator is working when level on the downwind 180 etc.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB
| ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides
to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

David OC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:14 PM   #13
Shadow KT

I guess it is a lot of getting used to and having a good HOTAS.

neofighter referenced this in one of his videos how quickly she just drops out of the sky with flaps down and that needing some adjustment.

The throttle thing as well, I got some "deadzone" at idle coming up (I saw there was a thread about it already)

I've noticed that she doesn't tend to slow down or loose speed when you are fast already and at idle but once the speed goes below 200 knots.... things go loco real fast.

Gonna keep practicing, see what this next patch this week brings.

EDIT: Yeah there is a lot of talk on the forums, I know it is EA, so I have no issues with it gonna keep practicing. One of the most exciting things for me is the weekly updates we will be having, just gets me hyped reading the patch notes and seeing what changes and how stuff progresses

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Last edited by Shadow KT; 06-04-2018 at 10:20 PM.
Shadow KT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:21 PM   #14
javelina1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by David OC View Post
She does get very dirty, be ready to bring the power on.

This is the NATOPS chart you should roughly reference to check the onspeed AOA indicator is working when level on the downwind 180 etc.

thanks for the chart, very helpful!

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra, i7-9700k (4.9ghz all cores), NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL-14 3200mhz RAM, GTX1080SC, Soundblaster Z, Yamaha 5.1 A/V, 1x 512GB Samsung NVMe, 1x 1TB Samsung NVMe, Win 10 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, JetSeat KW-908, Rift "S", Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Case, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PW Supply, PointCTRL
javelina1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:43 PM   #15
normanleto

Amazing. The chart is what I was looking for. Missed it in NATOPS, blindly.
Old 06-04-2018, 11:08 PM   #16
David OC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow KT View Post
I guess it is a lot of getting used to and having a good HOTAS.

neofighter referenced this in one of his videos how quickly she just drops out of the sky with flaps down and that needing some adjustment.

The throttle thing as well, I got some "deadzone" at idle coming up (I saw there was a thread about it already)

I've noticed that she doesn't tend to slow down or loose speed when you are fast already and at idle but once the speed goes below 200 knots.... things go loco real fast.

Gonna keep practicing, see what this next patch this week brings.

EDIT: Yeah there is a lot of talk on the forums, I know it is EA, so I have no issues with it gonna keep practicing. One of the most exciting things for me is the weekly updates we will be having, just gets me hyped reading the patch notes and seeing what changes and how stuff progresses
I don't think this drag will change all that much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
During development, the gear drag was far too little and resulted in taking far too long to slow to on-speed in the downwind. This was then corrected and approved by our SMEs.
She would be very dirty considering this jet can get down to the landing speeds of the A-10.

I see many struggling and yes she needs a tweak here and there in the FBW system etc.

You should practice A LOT in a less stressful area like they do IRL, not doing case 1 around the carrier. Here's a quick video I did showing how she will sit nicely once trimmed for onspeed AOA. Very little turbulence set here, watch how little pitch is needed if any and there was no re trimming here. You want to practice this throttle control, then have the pressure of case 1 carrier op's.

To have a 3 degree glide slope, use the tacan and punch in the airport. Be at 1500 feet at 5 Miles level and onspeed before decending, or 3000 feet at 10 miles.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB
| ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides
to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Last edited by David OC; 06-05-2018 at 12:34 AM.
David OC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brakes, landing, speed, touch down