Questions regarding a future II+ model, and implementation of jammer countermeasures

MrSp33dy123

I have two questions/requests:

• From what I've read, RAZBAM intend to make a Harrier II+ in the future once ED have implemented ground radar. My question is that if this happens, will it be part of the current Harrier module, or will we need to purchase a new module?
  • Reading through RAZBAM's Harrier manual, there is a note outlining that "dcs does not have an expendable jammer". To me, this is something that seems quite simple and yet really awesome, and I'd like to petition ED to implement this. This would provide more dynamic gameplay regarding RWRs and passive detection.

Apologies if there was a better place to ask these questions. Looking forward to flying the Harrier tomorrow. :pilotfly:

- The development of future models definitely factored in when purchasing this one - knowing that you can jump right into it, learn it through and through, and then eventually step up to one of the later models down the line for other aspects (e.g. A/A combat with radar and AIM-120s). There better at least be a very steep discount for previous harrier owners, no way that I'd ever be forking out full price for what boils down to just an upgrade.

- Perhaps a short-term measure would be to replace the expendable jammers with chaff until (if ever) expendable jammers become an actual thing. I'm guessing its primary purpose is to act as a radar decoy, or? Probably more potent than chaff since it's active.

- The development of future models definitely factored in when purchasing this one - knowing that you can jump right into it, learn it through and through, and then eventually step up to one of the later models down the line for other aspects (e.g. A/A combat with radar and AIM-120s). There better at least be a very steep discount for previous harrier owners, no way that I'd ever be forking out full price for what boils down to just an upgrade.

- Perhaps a short-term measure would be to replace the expendable jammers with chaff until (if ever) expendable jammers become an actual thing. I'm guessing its primary purpose is to act as a radar decoy, or? Probably more potent than chaff since it's active.

The difference between the N/A and the II+ is, as far as I know, a fairly minor exterior change, with a moderately complex interior and functionality change. I could understand RAZBAM charging a little bit for it (perhaps like that GPS for the Mi-8 ) but yeah, I wouldn't be too happy about another full-price module.

My understanding of the expendable jammers is that they're specifically designed to spoof passive radar. While chaff will reduce performance of lock-on radars, I presume that the expendable jammers will make aircraft in the area think they're being locked on to or perhaps think that they're not being locked on to through significantly changing the background noise level. I don't know any solid information on it though.

Considering that ED will implement the towed decoys on the F/A-18, I would imagine its not too much of a stretch to believe that we could get the mini Jammers down the road.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

I haven't been able to find any information on the expendable jammers. My best guess is that these are noisemakers preset for a specific frequency, probably to jam SAMs.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

lots of guesswork here... but I read a lot of books, and some tech info to reach some point of playability.

I made this script for EW purposes... i strongly recommend to use it vs IADS from Grimes... you can put lots of SAMs... playing against you... and your team, but you have the standoff jamming, corridors, and defensive noise jamming. Just a script with good intentions, but nothing realistic here... again just guesswork.