DCS Update - 1.2.10.32095.521 Fails.

Mrmaverick

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I would like to see if a manual copy would help at all...

I only have aircraft folder not aircrafts. There is an aircrafts in Backup folder, but this only has Su-25T files. Oh dear. Unfortunately, I have to go out for a couple of hours. Will try and sort this out when I return.

Asus Maximus VII Gene/i5 4690K @4.6Ghz/EVGA GTX 1080 Classified watercooled/16Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133Mhz/2 x Corsair 128Gb ssd in Raid 0/1 x OCZ Revodrive 3 x2 480Gb/1 x Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb hd and 1 x WD Caviar 600 Gb hd/EVGA Gold 750w psu/Corsair H80i cpu cooler/Windows 10 Pro 64-bit/Corsair 500R case/Corsair K95 keyboard/Logitech MX Master wireless mouse/Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog #41581/VKB T-Rudder MK2 pedals/TrackIR 5/Samsung 49" 4K 3D Screen/Samsung sound bar and sub.

So from the various threads I can tell, a folder has been renamed from aircraft to aircrafts and this has basically broken everything.. for users with no mods, or strange adaptations to their installation. Unless remapping keys/joysticks is an adaptation....?

Feels like quality assurance took a back seat on this one if the installer wasn't tested fully. Never had this with previous updates....

I guess now we need to wait for ED to release another update, and a guide on how we can repair the damage caused by this bugged installer, because as it stands now, my setup isn't working and repair doesn't fix anything and no chance to install the MIG release......

Hrm ... /Mods/aircraft/SU-25T/Missions/EN/Training/Combat Employment/image.png

The training missions are not part of the normal install, right? They need to be installed separately from the mission selection screen within DCS, iirc? Maybe this is where the problem lies... I had no problems, but I had those training missions not installed if my memory serves me right. I'll go and check that - my other install is still at 1.2.8 and has those missions ... interesting. I'll report back when I know more.

What happens when you Copy them from /Aircrafts/ to /Aircraft/, and run repair (as they are likely still 1.2.10.30604

Did that (manual copy of the aircraft, repair). The "Can´t move..." message appeared again during repair process. After klicking on "DCS World OpenBeta" the DCS updater downloads again 4848 MegaBytes. Again the "Can´t move..." message. Still no Dora and Sabre available, and of course no MiG-21Bis.

Edited by Lino_Germany

Kind regards,

Lino_Germany

I think the update isnt completing which is why the F-86 and FW190 is left in the Aircrafts folder.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

OK, after removing all the training files that I had installed (removing them using the uninstall button within the training modules), I was then able to perform an upgrade.....

Of course this means having to reinstall the training material again afterwards....however many Gigabytes of data that is to download....AGAIN..... sheesh!

Edited by Bravo020
  • Like 1

• ED Team
OK, after removing all the training files that I had installed (removing them using the uninstall button within the training modules), I was then able to perform an upgrade.....

Interesting... hope c0ff is still listening :)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Skate, I think you are right....Update should be 1410.5 but I only got 1029. So maybe thats why it can't update? Exact same error message with respect to posts above about SU 25T. No mods, Microsoft Essential, Missing my F-86 and Dora Modules. Weird

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Skate, I think you are right....Update should be 1410.5 but I only got 1029. So maybe thats why it can't update? Exact same error message with respect to posts above about SU 25T. No mods, Microsoft Essential, Missing my F-86 and Dora Modules. Weird

Guess I'll hold off until this gets sorted out.

For now, Uninstall any Training Missions (As noted Above). and re-run Update.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Of course this means having to reinstall the training material again afterwards....however many Gigabytes of data that is to download....AGAIN..... sheesh!

TBH, if they are just Videos (Not sure, but they were when I checked last), I'll stick to watching them on YT and Alt+Tabbing back and forth between them and DCSW.

Interesting... hope c0ff is still listening :)

We had some issues with this file already in the past (1.2.4? can't remember atm). Whenever the updater ran, it would update the file. It swapped it every time for the previous version of it ( variant_a -> variant_b -> variant_a -> va ... etc.). While watching what the updater does right now, it seems it tries to replace it once more with the respective other version (one is a dark grey background with a red star, the other has some sky and clouds as background).

c0ff should remember this case - if not, I can search and provide a link to the error report later.

... and bingo! I get the same error now with the install where the training missions are installed.

I think, I had not all training missions installed (just 4), but in the _download folder I saw 8 missions. Maybe there is some conflict between the missions? Something like that every mission contains the file (but in different variants) and that confuses the updater? Like, for the first mission, it installs the correct file and deletes it from the _download folder. Then, for the second mission that file is suddenly missing. Something like that?

Same problem, renaming, moving, deleting... and nothing

Read the last Page, the Temporary solution is the uninstall the Training Missions.

Or Should I just Edit the temp. solution into the first Post?

Ok, its working now, downloaded the file on the DCS modules list, ran that, said it didnt work, restarted DCS then there it was in the module manager, loaded a quick mission, asked for the key code and all good.

on the main screen it says its running ver 1.2.10.32095. is that the latest patch no:?

Ok, its working now, downloaded the file on the DCS modules list, ran that, said it didnt work, restarted DCS then there it was in the module manager, loaded a quick mission, asked for the key code and all good.

on the main screen it says its running ver 1.2.10.32095. is that the latest patch no:?

you likely had an incomplete update due to the updater halting for the image.png not found error.

Uninstall any Training Mission Modules, then re-run the updater.

Edited by SkateZilla

Does indeed work.

It also does mean there's definitely something wrong with the file manifest for the update, as it's obviously only trying to update the missions when they're installed.

We had some issues with this file already in the past (1.2.4? can't remember atm). Whenever the updater ran, it would update the file. It swapped it every time for the previous version of it ( variant_a -> variant_b -> variant_a -> va ... etc.). While watching what the updater does right now, it seems it tries to replace it once more with the respective other version (one is a dark grey background with a red star, the other has some sky and clouds as background).

c0ff should remember this case - if not, I can search and provide a link to the error report later.

... and bingo! I get the same error now with the install where the training missions are installed.

I think, I had not all training missions installed (just 4), but in the _download folder I saw 8 missions. Maybe there is some conflict between the missions? Something like that every mission contains the file (but in different variants) and that confuses the updater? Like, for the first mission, it installs the correct file and deletes it from the _download folder. Then, for the second mission that file is suddenly missing. Something like that?

Found the posting about the earlier issue with this file:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=120825

I get the same error when it asks to update. I downloaded the mig 21 module from the DCS modules and installed it that way, it said that didnt work but when i restarted the game the mig 21 was there, tried a mission with it, it asked for my key and it works. I havnt lost any modules , the f 15 c tab at the bottom is now gone, have fc3 anyway. have tried a server with mig 21s and that worked, but if i shut down and restart the computer and start DCS again it asks to update and still fails , but the mig 21 and everything else is all there.

I only downloaded the training files for the Su-25T yesterday + all the others I didnt have and they all seem to work.