F-18 grip, WARTHOG compatible

Im very intrested in your replicas, specially the F-18 one. Count me in.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

I'm in:joystick::music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

It would be nice to have a heavy duty A-10C/F-16C version with a heavily reinforced structure to allow for installation on force sensing bases such as this: http://www.realsimulator.com/html/fssb_r3_warthog.html

If you were to look at doing some throttles, you might approach it by making a kit, with the grip, button covers, switches (prewired or not), and, most importantly, a chassis for installing the throttle arms and hall sensors, etc. I know a lot of us are already comfortable with DIY type projects, we just lack the tools to make proper enclosures and grips and stuff. I believe there are affordable usb controller kits out there like Arduino and stuff which would allow for an easy enough interface. There was also that fellow here on the forums who made the controller boards with 128 buttons and 8 axes on them, if I recall.

If you disapprove of this post, please feel free to give me negative rep. If you approve of this post, please feel free to give me negative rep.

Ok best bad news ever.

There I was, ready to pull the trigger on a hobby 3d printer and accessories I would need. But I thought, let's give it a month, just in case.And what do you know, everything spun up 180 degrees in those 30 days.

Here is the dilemma:

A hobby machine, only good for prototypes, it would probably take 2 days to print a whole grip, surface treatment needed after the print. Best ones are made in US so after taxes it would run me about 4k$.

Now, there have been several pro type machines, with completely different technology announced, the kind I was planning on engineering myself, and the kind I've been waiting on for the past 7 years when I first came in contact with the technology, but the price was in hundreds of thousands.

The one that would best fit my needs is even made in EU so there would be no taxes involved ( which accounts for about 40% of the budget for the hobby machine). The only draw back, it would be another 3-4 month wait.

But that would be a machine that would allow me to go right to production, no print failure rates, no model limitations, no extra surface treatment. Perfect, ready to use hardware. And in quantities of a few dozen per day.

Price tag, 5k$, so just a bit more then the hobby machine.

So I'm pretty certain I'm going the pro machine route. In the mean time I'll get back to finishing my models.

Sorry for the last minute change, but it'll be worth it in the end.

Ok best bad news ever.

[....]

Any chance you can link to the new and old printers? I'm interested in learning about the tech and how it's developing.

• Like 2

If you disapprove of this post, please feel free to give me negative rep. If you approve of this post, please feel free to give me negative rep.

I too would be interested in learning more about the printers and process, but also because 3D printing for heavy use items somewhat worries me to be honest (not based on any scientific data by the way).

What I've seen of high end prints thus far the result is always somewhat rough and, most importantly, porous and I would also have concerns about the properties of the polymer over time (sun, heat, moisture). Casting 'feels' more robust to me but, as I said, this is just my gut feeling.

BUT, not wanting to rain on your parade at all; I'm still pretty exited about the project and perhaps a bit more info could unnerve any worries I have.

Ok best bad news ever.

There I was, ready to pull the trigger on a hobby 3d printer and accessories I would need. But I thought, let's give it a month, just in case.And what do you know, everything spun up 180 degrees in those 30 days.

Here is the dilemma:

A hobby machine, only good for prototypes, it would probably take 2 days to print a whole grip, surface treatment needed after the print. Best ones are made in US so after taxes it would run me about 4k$.

Now, there have been several pro type machines, with completely different technology announced, the kind I was planning on engineering myself, and the kind I've been waiting on for the past 7 years when I first came in contact with the technology, but the price was in hundreds of thousands.

The one that would best fit my needs is even made in EU so there would be no taxes involved ( which accounts for about 40% of the budget for the hobby machine). The only draw back, it would be another 3-4 month wait.

But that would be a machine that would allow me to go right to production, no print failure rates, no model limitations, no extra surface treatment. Perfect, ready to use hardware. And in quantities of a few dozen per day.

Price tag, 5k$, so just a bit more then the hobby machine.

So I'm pretty certain I'm going the pro machine route. In the mean time I'll get back to finishing my models.

No need to apologize for anything. Thanks for your effort and hard work. Take your time and deliver the best hardware combat flight simulation has ever seen! Thanks again

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Its a logical decision, i will happily wait. By the way will you make a Eurofighter replica, the module might be here by the end of the year.

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Any thought on making a quality metal warthog extensions with included wire cable extension? There doesn't seem to be a good source in the good ol' USA. It would be great if you could offer different sizes, some like as short as 4 inches, and some like floor mounted sticks. There's also some that like bends in the stick extension for rotorcraft style cyclic sticks.

Regarding 3d printing technology, sorry, you'll have to start googling becuse

there's just too much for me to start posting about it

and the machines I'm looking at are not out yet so I'm not at liberty to discuss the technology itself.

I'm actually outfitting my entire workshop so there will be a laser cutter, cnc machine, pipe bender, sheet bender etc. Not all at once so it might take to the end of the year but, sooner or later I'll be able to build anything simpit related in-house, which is the only way to have things at affordable prices.

Eurofighter controls are in the works too.

Hegykc, just wanted to say I'm monitoring this thread closely and will be coming over for inspection when you start printing :) Would love to see in person what you cook up...

How close to the border are you?

DCS A10C Warthog, DCS Black Shark 2, DCS P51D Mustang, DCS UH-1H Huey, DCS Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

System: Intel i7 4770k @4,2GHz; MSI Z87-G65; 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz RAM; 128GB SSD SATA3 (system disk); 2TB HDD SATA3 (games disk); Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X; Windows 7 64bit

Flight controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder; TrackIR 5; Thrustmaster F16 MFDs; 2x 8'' LCD screens (VGA) for MFD display; 27'' LG LCD full HD main display

I would contribute to crowd funding for this... just saying.

5K isn't that much, and perhaps 10K for materials would be a good limit.

Jamal

I could go in on this. Very cool looking prototype .

I7 3770k, GTX 780ti Classified SLI, Asus Maximus Extreme V, 32GB G. Skill Sniper Gaming Series, 1500w Corsair Master Silent Pro M2 PSU, EXPC Raystorm EX280watercooling, Dell U3014 2560x1600 30in

I would be keen for one of these sticks at some point - since I am starting to plan out a F-18 pit. Keep us updated on your progress!

AMD 1090T X6 @4.01Ghz, XFX 6950 890/1375, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600, WD Velociraptor 600GB, complete watercooling setup, Dell U2711 + Dell U2410, Thrustmaster Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudder, Track IR5