New screenies of FC3

YoYo

No offense to Rickardo but 2D pits...

Can you think of any other developer who would release, in 2012, a flight sim with...2D pits ?

Remember Microsoft Flight? They released seven airplanes (not including variants) that didn't have any pits at all, and a company like Microsoft has a lot more power to invest in their projects than ED.

Hopefully they can get around to improving the other cockpits in the future, but throwing together a cheaply made 3d pit that is graphically inconsistent with the other pits would be much worse than upgrading to the Ricardo cockpits. I probably will spend more time with the F-15C than I originally planned just because of the excellent new cockpit though.

I think one of the best features of FC3 is future proofing with the new DCS World system. So while it may not have everything you want now, every update to DCS will also improve FC3, such as compatibility with future terrain modules.

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit off topic, but now the ED has seen some of the awesome work Richardo has done...I hope the Black Shark HD pit would be standard now as well.

Sick of having to install it again after every update.

And awesome news for FC3. I am 99% KA-50 but I can see that last 1% going to the F15.

i5 3570k @ 4.3

560ti GTX 2gig

8gig RAM

Intel SSD

Win7 64bit

Hopefully they can get around to improving the other cockpits in the future, but throwing together a cheaply made 3d pit that is graphically inconsistent with the other pits would be much worse than upgrading to the Ricardo cockpits. I probably will spend more time with the F-15C than I originally planned just because of the excellent new cockpit though.

I think one of the best features of FC3 is future proofing with the new DCS World system. So while it may not have everything you want now, every update to DCS will also improve FC3, such as compatibility with future terrain modules.

Please no!!!! I hope ED treat FC3 as a stop gap only to get fighters in with DCS. They should then forget all about FC3 and concentrate on DCS Fast Jets! Please, before I am so old I have arthritis and can't play flight sims anymore.

I think one of the best features of FC3 is future proofing with the new DCS World system.

Yup and I think that's the main reason why we'll all buy FC3 but wait...that sounds familiar :

In Flaming Cliffs 2, all of the player-controlled aircraft available in Flaming Cliffs have been transferred to the virtual environment created for the Digital Combat Simulator series (...)

E-shop

So once again ED is asking us to pay for something promised years ago and that we've already paid for.

The way I see it, ED is trying to fix mistakes they did in the past but in the meantime we pay for their mistakes.

I really hope it's gonna stop but it doesn't seem so evident since Wags already mentioned a possible Combined Arms 2.

The first one is still in beta but they already have plans for a sequel ?

And on the other hand we have almost 2 years of complete silence about the next DCS US fighter.

There's so much secrecy around ED's plans it's becoming ridiculous.

I know we're in a transition and the future seems quite bright but right now everything is so messy...

So once again ED is asking us to pay for something promised years ago and that we've already paid for.

You can stop right there - FC2 compatibility was never promised with anything other than BS1 - you are wilfully misunderstanding the situation.

Nate

Please no!!!! I hope ED treat FC3 as a stop gap only to get fighters in with DCS. They should then forget all about FC3 and concentrate on DCS Fast Jets! Please, before I am so old I have arthritis and can't play flight sims anymore.

hmm I already have arthritis in my left testicle so it's happening way to fast and taken to long to even know if in fact their working on a new DCS fighter jet at all. :pilotfly:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I love the new ground textures they look so much more better than Lock On! :thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

You can stop right there - FC2 compatibility was never promised with anything other than BS1

my bad then, I'm not here to troll.

But you'll admit the formulation makes you think otherwise.

LockOn: Flaming Cliffs 2 is a further evolution of LockOn: Flaming Cliffs. In Flaming Cliffs 2, all of the player-controlled aircraft available in Flaming Cliffs have been transferred to the virtual environment created for the Digital Combat Simulator series, started with DCS: Black Shark.

Edited by Eight Ball

Wags already mentioned a possible Combined Arms 2.

Do you have a link? I can totally understand that ED needs to charge for these kind of upgrades. I'm happy to pay but I totally agree that the "don't let the customer base know the plan/situation" is tiring.

Edited by SmokeyTheLung

System specifications: Computer, joystick, DCS world, Beer

my bad then, I'm not here to troll.

But you'll admit the formulation makes you think otherwise.

Not to me - the planes were transferred to the DCS environment used for BS1. Show me where it says this will be maintained for future DCS environments.

Do you have a link?.

Matt has mentioned it in a few places I think. As for proposed features who knows, CA1 has yet to be completed.

Nate

May it be that references to the 1.2.1 Combined Arms BETA 2 ?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Remember Microsoft Flight? They released seven airplanes (not including variants) that didn't have any pits at all, and a company like Microsoft has a lot more power to invest in their projects than ED.

Well after I saw F-15 pit in FC3 I think it would be good to have more 3D pits in upcoming FC4. Su-27 and 25T would be good :)

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Well after I saw F-15 pit in FC3 I think it would be good to have more 3D pits in upcoming FC4. Su-27 and 25T would be good :)

Wouldn't get your hopes up for a FC4

"As mentioned before by our moderators that show boundless patience, it is not our decision regarding the requirement for a LOMAC installation. This was a stipulation with Ubisoft that allowed us to create these addons. However, this is also a big reason why FC3 will probably be the last LOMAC product."

-Wags

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I personally hope there is not a FC4. In my opinion the ideal situation is that as DCS: Su-27 etc. is made, be it first or third party, the respective FC3 cockpit could be upgraded to a nonclickable version of it at little cost to the developer. By the same logic, the new F-15C cockpit should now make it cheaper (artistically) for someone to make a DCS module of it.

Microsoft Flight died due cockpitless aircraft cancer so its not the brightest example how flight simulation should be done.

I am fully aware of that. I didn't ever download MS Flight even though it is free. I also do not suggest MS Flight is used as a model for any other company. My point is just that you can't arbitrarily use the year 2012 as a standard of quality when so many companies are willing to churn out junk to appease the masses.

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Btw... is the MFD top white ? or is it supposed to be reflection of the sun?

becos this is how the cockpit should look.

001b59b8.jpg

001ah298.jpg

btw...excuse my ignorance, but what is that "NO hand hold" thingy under the combiner? I have seen it in almost all russian planes?

Edited by Witchking

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

btw...excuse my ignorance, but what is that "NO hand hold" thingy under the combiner? I have seen it in almost all russian planes?

Looks like a cushion in case of the pilots head being thrown forward rapidly.

Edit: Or do you mean the whole assembly?

Edited by sobek

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

It can detect way points.

Cool. The ones up in the air are hard to spot at night. ;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Okay, Okay, it's to show the Radar and Map*... commonly as a HDD - Heads Down Display..

*map as in waypoints and route... in Lomac the airfields aswel.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45