TGP problems and questions

ouseler

Over the course of several campaigns, I have noticed that my TGP when in WHOT (and maybe the others, I don't know) will sometimes begin to white out when I am scanning around. It happens most often when I am near or on the target (how convenient!). I thought that it might be glare from the sun and looked in my settings to remove any realism setting to get rid of it, but lens dirt, glare, etc. is disabled.

I also have problems with it just blanking out as if it went offline. It does not act like it is masked because on can roll the wings for better view and still nothing. I have to put the TGP into

standby and then back to A-G. It will then fire back up. However, when I do this, I lose my target and have to go searching for it again.

I have watched overs fly the same missions I am and see nice, clean, and clear images from their TGPs even in TV mode. This is not a constant problem, mind you, but does seem to happen when I am in the heat of battle. I don't understand it.

BTW, I have learned to fire up the TGP well ahead of the target area on night missions and get my level and gain set correctly. Otherwise, the TGP is useless at night if I don't. So I know have been playing around with the those settings to improve the images, but it does not seem to help.

System Specs:

AMD 5950X (liquid-cooled), Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Pro Motherboard, 32 GB RAM DDR4 3200MHz, Samsung Evo 970 Plus 2 TB, Seagate 2TB SSD, Geforce RTX 4080 GPU, Rosewill Glacier 1000W Power Supply, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (Stick, Throttle), Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals, NaturalPoint TrackIR 5 w/ProClip, (1) Vizio 40" 4K Monitor, TPLink Dual Band Wireless Card, Window 11 OS

Not a guaranteed fix, but try turning “Chimney Smoke” to Zero in your settings.

Deleting the FXO and Metashaders folders can also help.

This has become an On Again / Off Again issue that nobody seems to be able to solve permanently.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

I have been having the same issues.

I find that the TGP screen blanks out randomly. This is not the same as when the aircraft blocks the line of sight, but it just goes blank.

I've also found that the TGP is unusable at night. I cannot see anything when using BHOT, WHOT or CCD. I've tried adjusting the contrast and brightness but I mainly just get a white screen with some vague shapes but impossible to make out targets.

It's very frustrating! I will try turning the 'chimeny stack' to zero but not sure I want to delete folders.

It's very frustrating! I will try turning the 'chimeny stack' to zero but not sure I want to delete folders.
The fxo and metashaders2 folders under the Saved Games DCS directory are safe to delete. They are recreated at startup. The point of deleting them is if the game tries to use a compiled shader from an older game version, it might look wonky until recompiled (delete and restart game).

TGP image is very often very bad right now :(.

To be able to see anything but white, you need to turn down brightness very much and increase contrast a little on the display.

But after you've done this, switching to WHOT or BHOT modes you won't see anything at all, gonna be all white or all black.

And also, when pointing the TGP at a burning wreck, not even centering on it, but as it comes in the picture at all, it will alter the entire image alot.

This makes the TGP almost entirely useless when you've shacked one unit in a group, because you won't see the rest of the group.

TGP is no good these days. :(

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

The fxo and metashaders2 folders under the Saved Games DCS directory are safe to delete. They are recreated at startup. The point of deleting them is if the game tries to use a compiled shader from an older game version, it might look wonky until recompiled (delete and restart game).

(as far as I know/have experienced) Everything is safe to delete from DCS folder as can be restored with a repair. fxo and meta, as you say, rebuild on startup after deletion :)

when you adjust your brightness or contrast you are adjusting for that page, not for the MFCD.

your page is DSMS, adjust the contrast and brightness....you are seeing now the TAD, you have also to adjust the levels....so forth so on...when I am flying at night, I have to set all the cockpit lights, MFCD for each page, CSMS, HUD, every light in the cockpit after the 2.5.6 update. it's a pain the ass...not counting the TGP Smoke problem. Is sad because the A10 is the only complete module in DCS from ED.

Its the only finished module yes, but it keeps getting broken when they add things to dcs for other modules, eg the constant lighting issues, tgp has been difficult to use on/off for ages. Ed reported tracking 2500 bugs in the last report, id well believe them, its a bit of a mess right now but hopefully this time they have put aside to sort these out will be worth it.

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP

not knowing exactly it seems to me that there are common bits of code throughout all the modules. TGP is a good example. i see issue reports and questions in f18, f16 and a10. i started with a10 way before hornet was even an itch. i never remember having TGP image issues.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

It's just the lightning for cockpit displays that has been changed globally througout DCS in one of the recent updates and now all the aircraft need to be adjusted to that.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 1 year later...