A10C Autolase not working

Alpha.

So today I tried going for ground targets with the A10C. I set the mode to CCRP, Set the Auto Lase to ON and set the auto lase time to 15 seconds my altitude was about 13k feet and I dropped a GBU-10. The result was the text "TGP AUTOLASE FAIL"

I tried the same with the GBU-12 but it gives the similar resut. I noticed that when I pressed the nosewheel steering/autolase button it didn't flash the L on the TGP screen.

Maybe the obvious questions, but I ask anyway.

Was the LASER on, and with the correct code?

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

I have also experienced this problem recently. Autolase failed, even though I used it correctly, I've been using it for ages (laser on, correct codes, no mask, clean LOS, correct CCRP drop, 18k alt, 18 sec. autolase). And I also missed (maybe for the first time with GBU-12) because even though I pressed NWS the laser did not fire.

I have had autolase fail often when using keybinds or DX buttons to arm the laser instead of the mouse click in the cockpit. Almost sure this is a latent and very old bug. Autolase is 100% reliable when using the mouse click in the cockpit to arm the laser, provided all other parameters are met of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

Where can I press the laser inside the cockpit? I have always used the keybinds since I have had the A10C and it never caused a problem it happened yesterday and today

I was referring to laser arm. Not the NWS switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

This is another obvious question but since no one clarified it, I'll ask anyway.

Did you choose the weapons by cycling weapons program (DMS Up I believe?) or manually by using MFD buttons? Took me a while to figure out the autolase doesn't work if you choose the weapon station manually from the DSMS page.

Edited by Taz1004

I used thecmfd buttons

Then that's normal. The values you enter in profile pages are saved in a program. And you have to select that program using the HOTAS DMS Up/Down while HUD is SOI (follow one of training mission). If you select the weapon stations manually, then the program profile you edited doesn't apply.

It makes sense once you realize it but when starting out, I couldn't figure it out for the life of me.

Edited by Taz1004

Dont trust autolase, i always have issues with it at some point. When i use the manual mode it works everytime..

Autolase works for me EVERY time as well (unless I forgot to arm the laser or have my flaps still extended) and I'm using it for almost 10 years now...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I get autolase fail if I'm not in Point or Area track when I drop. You need to hit TMS up with TGP as SOI and make sure your're in Point or Area.

That's odd, because I definitely do not have to press TMS UP for autolase to work. :huh:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Me too have no issue with Autolasing....

My Rig: Windows 11 Pro, Intel i7-13700k@5.4GHz, 64GB DDR5 5200 RAM, Gigabyte Z790 AORUS Elite AX, 1TB Samsung EVO 970, RTX4080, Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG + Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, LG 32" 4K 60FPS, ACER 30" 4K 60FPS GSync Display, HP Reverb G2 V2

That's odd, because I definitely do not have to press TMS UP for autolase to work. :huh:

I think what happens for me is this - I spot several targets. I make each a markpoint. Then when I cycle back to MP A and slew sensors to it with China Long, for some reason the TGP is not in Point or Area track, but some other mode I'm not familiar with. In this mode it doesn't say anything at the bottom of the TGP display where it normally says Point or Area. If I don't TMS up to change the mode before dropping, the yellow Autolase Fail box comes up. As long as I TMS up before the LS time and acknowledge the fault, the warning goes away and the laser fires as it should.

I think what happens for me is this - I spot several targets. I make each a markpoint. Then when I cycle back to MP A and slew sensors to it with China Long, for some reason the TGP is not in Point or Area track, but some other mode I'm not familiar with. In this mode it doesn't say anything at the bottom of the TGP display where it normally says Point or Area. If I don't TMS up to change the mode before dropping, the yellow Autolase Fail box comes up. As long as I TMS up before the LS time and acknowledge the fault, the warning goes away and the laser fires as it should.

I see what you mean now. This "mode" is what I would call "slaved mode", as it is not area or point tracking, but slaved to the coordinates of the steepoint. Instead of pressing TMS UP you could just slightly "wiggle" the pod instead, to unslave it and become ground stabilized.

Tornado3 small.jpg

are you below the altitude which the autolase timing would be able to start from?

example: you set autolase to 10 secs

you fly at altitude in which time to impact would only be say, 7 secs?

I think if that's the case you would need to manually lase once the bomb leaves the jet. It's been a while so I'm not 100% on this being the issue but thought to put $0.02 in case I'm right or it sparks the right answer from someone else...