Expiring bonus point flaw

Noticed a bit of a flaw with the expiring bonus points. I was sent email saying i have 3 day left to use them up & shows I have 8 left. So I went to see if can use em but only have 2 campaign dlc's left in store that I havent already bought (including modules). Problem with that is i put them in cart & was told i can only use 3 of the 8 points i have left. Which was about $3 out of the $20 purchase.

Seen as tho they are expiring it would be nice to no have a cap on the amount I can use on a purchase

Win 10 64, I7 8700K, Nvidia 1080ti, 32mb ram, M.2 PCIe 2tb ssd

Noticed a bit of a flaw with the expiring bonus points. I was sent email saying i have 3 day left to use them up & shows I have 8 left. So I went to see if can use em but only have 2 campaign dlc's left in store that I havent already bought (including modules). Problem with that is i put them in cart & was told i can only use 3 of the 8 points i have left. Which was about $3 out of the $20 purchase.

Seen as tho they are expiring it would be nice to no have a cap on the amount I can use on a purchase

That’s always been the flaw hasn’t it. I buy modules easy access or on sale. Guess what- can’t use bonus points. I’ve got lots that I just never ended up using. The sales were always better than what I could use my points for. I mean. Most campaigns and modules were just 50% off but I can only use 20% bonus points off the original price.

I had somewhere around 70-80€ of bonus expire just because of this a few years ago. I bought every new module at day one, except for the Gazelle and C-101, which made the period in between buys over a year. Since the sales always gave me a better "bonus", I never saw a reason to spend the bonus actually. I think the new miles system is better since we can accumulate those with purchases and eventually buy something completely off of that.

IMHO they should have lifted that 20% cap for the last few weeks or at least increased it to 50%.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

The bonus points program is the worst loyalty program I have ever encountered. You can only use a small percentage of your accumulated bonuses to slightly reduce the price of selected products provided they are not already on sale. If they are on sale you can't apply a bonus. If you only buy products during EA or sale discounts the bonus points are completely redundant. I just ignore them.

Yeah, the bonus point program is a joke.

Been getting emails that my points will expire. $10, nothing crazy but figured I'd buy a campaign for the A-10 as nothing else really interested me (already own the modules I really wanted). Add it to my cart only to find out that I can only use $3....haha, what? Needless to say, I'll be letting them expire and fade away. I know that Ed doesn't owe us anything, but after spending hundreds of dollars on multiple modules, it was nice to see the bonus points only to get digital blue-balls when you can't use your bonus points.

Just a horribly executed "rewards" program that won't be missed.

Windows 11 | ASUS B650E-F STRIX | AMD 7800X3D | G.Skill 64Gb DDR5 6200 30-36-36-48 w/ tuned secondary/tertiary | RTX 4090 undervolted curve | MSI MPG A1000G PSU | VKB MCG Gunfighter Ultimate + Rudder Pedals + WH Throttle |  HP Reverb G2

I got some A-10C and KA-50 campaigns with my bonus. Still could not finish the bonus. Had to let go $9(not big of a loss) but gained some miles.

All of the miles I can be used up to buy stuffs

Certainly the old bonus reward method would not be missed.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I forgot to spend my expiring $26 bonus. :(

Why you could only use $3 out of $10?..

Not sure of the reason, maybe it was to do with been already on discount maybe. But tbh at the time i posted i was purchasing the channel map & even tho bit confusing, now I've played it & seen the quality, I think I woulda payed them to take my old bonus points! lol. Phenomenal amount of work..

Win 10 64, I7 8700K, Nvidia 1080ti, 32mb ram, M.2 PCIe 2tb ssd