Cluster (105) bomb hit the ground (then explode) what am I missing?

majapahit

Cluster (105) hit the ground (then explode) what am I missing?

my cluster bombs either hit the ground and explode or don't explode at all, or will not release ..

What am I doing wrong?

I TGP, chk INV, set different heights, CCRP, manual release then .. fail

?

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

did you set tgp soi and set spi on target using it ?

edit: wait does the cbu it self hit the ground with out releasing the bomblets or the bomblets hit the ground? i dont think it should explode either way but never tried that myself.

Edited by kylekatarn720

did you set tgp soi and set spi on target using it ?

yes, know how to do that with all other bombs / maverick

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Sounds like they're working fine. Basically works like this.

1 Bomb drops and opens up to drop parachuted sub munition

2 Submunition gets propelled upward after reaching ground

3 Multiple skeets eject out of sub munition, start spinning around seeking a heavy metal object

4 If found detonate and propel towards armored target

a 20 second video of real thing

Although they're altitude and wind corrected they're not a smart bomb....

Edited by cthulhu68

You are too low, below 6000, and may be heading down too fast. Drop a few from 12,000' and get the hang of them, they spread way out when released with enough altitude. Watch the bombs drop with F6 View and they pop open and the bomblets spray out - it happens real fast, and then it takes 10s of seconds for the strikes. I like CBU-97's the best.

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Watch the bombs drop with F6 View and they pop open and the bomblets spray out - it happens real fast, and then it takes 10s of seconds for the strikes. I like CBU-97's the best.

Aren't the 97/105 submunitions (original question) rather hanging under parachute, than spray out? :huh:

Aren't the 97/105 submunitions (original question) rather hanging under parachute, than spray out? :huh:

A while after bomb release the bomblets go down on parachutes, then the submunition is relased (sprayed out), they twist very fast and explode when found a target.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

What am I doing wrong?

You didn't provide a track is what you did wrong. ;)

Seriously, though. How are we supposed to help you? There are so many things that might have gotten wrong, it's going to take a big load of time trying to figure out the exact cause. It's your job to give us something more to work with. :smartass:

I'm almost certain that the area covered by the CBU-97 and CBU-105 does not depend on HOF (unlike CBU-87 and CBU-103, which work very differently). In essence, the HOF just determines how long it takes the submunitions to release the skeets, meaning high HOF can cause a lot of wind drift.

I'm almost certain that the area covered by the CBU-97 and CBU-105 does not depend on HOF (unlike CBU-87 and CBU-103, which work very differently). In essence, the HOF just determines how long it takes the submunitions to release the skeets, meaning high HOF can cause a lot of wind drift.

I do completely agree on that, came to the same conclusion. Discussed previously somewhere else... :thumbup: