Confirmed information about DCS AJS37

RaXha

Very nice summary, I have eyed the thread but never saw anything about those that it is really coming (just thought it was rumor).

And it will be first day buy for me.... Just photographed one of those in air museum for wallpapers.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

it'll come when it comes, no amount of "communication" will speed up the process.

go do something else with your life if you have time and energy waiting to be spent.

That's for sure, nor i ever claimed that more communication would speed up the process. However it would keep buying customers a little closer.

Especially since, as we say here in Italy, money doesn't grow on trees and i would hate to spend some money on the F-5 and then find out that the Viggen is getting release and i won't be able to afford it, or viceversa

AJS-37 with 4x BK-90:

aj37_02.jpg

(From forum page: http://forum.soldf.com/topic/5168-saab-ja-37-viggen-aj-37-ajs-37-sk-37-sf-37-sh-37/page-16 )

Here with BK-90 and RBS 15F:

Saab37_2.jpg

(From page: http://www.bubbamoose.com/saab_37.html )

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

RBS15 seeker can be programmed to choose a chaff firing target.

inb4 locks onto su33 taking of from carrier. ))) 250KG SAPHE warhead should be enough even to take out heavily armored mig29 flying tank. )))

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

A few finer points about armament may be the following :

-Although AIM-4 Falcon is in photo of AJ-37, I don't remember a confirmation so far that we'll get it, and quite possibly by the time of AJS-37 it was long retired. So I am not sure it is among confirmed armament for module.

- There is only AIM-9B equivalent version of RB-24 in the photo, but there will also be RB-24J (roughly equivalent of AIM-9J/P or R-13M1) and RB-74 (equivalent of AIM-9L) available to AJS-37 as far as I recall these were confirmed.

- I haven't seen this one mentioned, unlike JA-37, AJS-37 doesn't have an internal gun, but there will be 30mm ADEN gunpods available to AJS-37.

- About RB-05, I think it is a MCLOS missile, pilot needs to "fly" the missile with a small stick as it's guidance method, and it has a fairly big warhead. I think it will be the first missille of that kind available to DCS pilots.

- Bombs can be carried with multiple ejector racks (was it 4 bombs per pylon?) They can also be released with a CCRP / toss mode on a chosen navigation point if I understood LN staff correctly :).

- BK 90 Mjölner can be released at a predefined navigation point, or one added during flight. Apparently IRL it can be released without even turning to target's general direction, bomb would turn there itself, but I don't know if DCS incarnation will be able to do that (our JDAMs can't as far as I know, even though I think they too can do it IRL). Apparently it also has a "target of opportunity" release option, more like a normal bomb.

- Also in the B&W photo, between RB 05 and rocket pods are ECM and chaff / flare pods.

These would be a few additional points on what we know of Viggen's arsenal so far :).

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

-Although AIM-4 Falcon is in photo of AJ-37, I don't remember a confirmation so far that we'll get it, and quite possibly by the time of AJS-37 it was long retired. So I am not sure it is among confirmed armament for module.

No AIM-4 planned. Useless and was barely carried by the AJS-37 anyways.

- There is only AIM-9B equivalent version of RB-24 in the photo, but there will also be RB-24J (roughly equivalent of AIM-9J/P or R-13M1) and RB-74 (equivalent of AIM-9L) available to AJS-37 as far as I recall these were confirmed.

Yep!

- I haven't seen this one mentioned, unlike JA-37, AJS-37 doesn't have an internal gun, but there will be 30mm ADEN gunpods available to AJS-37.

Yep! Lots of built in aiming functionality in the airplane for the gunpods too.

- About RB-05, I think it is a MCLOS missile, pilot needs to "fly" the missile with a small stick as it's guidance method, and it has a fairly big warhead. I think it will be the first missille of that kind available to DCS pilots.

Yep! We have several control schemes for using it (keypresses and joystick modifier).

A big flare on the rear of the missile makes it easy to track it.

- Bombs can be carried with multiple ejector racks (was it 4 bombs per pylon?) They can also be released with a CCRP / toss mode on a chosen navigation point if I understood LN staff correctly :).

Yep. Several intricate delivery methods are gone into detail in the manual.

- BK 90 Mjölner can be released at a predefined navigation point, or one added during flight. Apparently IRL it can be released without even turning to target's general direction, bomb would turn there itself, but I don't know if DCS incarnation will be able to do that (our JDAMs can't as far as I know, even though I think they too can do it IRL). Apparently it also has a "target of opportunity" release option, more like a normal bomb.

We're working on some BK90 functionality still. It should have all of its' RL features.

- Also in the B&W photo, between RB 05 and rocket pods are ECM and chaff / flare pods.

The pod is done and works well.

• Like 1

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

No AIM-4 planned. Useless and was barely carried by the AJS-37 anyways.

Yep!

Yep! Lots of built in aiming functionality in the airplane for the gunpods too.

Yep! We have several control schemes for using it (keypresses and joystick modifier).

A big flare on the rear of the missile makes it easy to track it.

Yep. Several intricate delivery methods are gone into detail in the manual.

We're working on some BK90 functionality still. It should have all of its' RL features.

The pod is done and works well.

Alright! Thanks! I will add and correct all of this once my kid decides she wants to fall asleep. :D

Very nice summary, I have eyed the thread but never saw anything about those that it is really coming (just thought it was rumor).

And it will be first day buy for me.... Just photographed one of those in air museum for wallpapers.

It's been confirmed, just not "officially announced". But appears to be far along in development and is to be released prior to DCS F-14. The rumor was confirmed back around new years. :-)

We should also see the Rb-75T maverick, some 80 kilos heavier warhead. Should be a boon for taking out any landingships making it to the archipelago with its less than optimal radar conditions, or for taking out bridges and commandposts.

• 3 months later...

Wait so you can designate way points for the Rb-15 using the radar cursor?

Why wouldn't that functionality be available for the Bk-90? They both use inertial navigation right?

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

Wait so you can designate way points for the Rb-15 using the radar cursor?

Why wouldn't that functionality be available for the Bk-90? They both use inertial navigation right?

You can.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2928785&postcount=3168

Edited by microvax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

I think as long as it has that camouflage on it and the black nose I will be happy. It looks so cool. :)

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV