TOP GUN R3 - 2016

Dutch Baron

9L3XbSK.jpg

IT'S TIME ONCE AGAIN EVERYONE, TIME FOR TOP GUN!

We are back with round 3 and this time better than ever before!

What is Top Gun?

The Top Gun event is in its third incarnation and has been an intense, 1vs1 or 2vs2 guns only event so far. This has provided us with some of the best dogfighting we’ve ever seen.

This event has been created, planned and will be hosted by TAW (The Art of Warfare) in association with Situational Awareness, 51st and 104th. Therefore ladies and gents it will count towards your SA ranking (Details coming)!

We have changed the formula since last time, so make sure you read the rules to get an understanding of how it will work.

What can I fly?

Our roster for aircraft available this time around is the following:

SU-27

F-15C

Mirage 2000C SCRAPPED DUE TO UNFAIR ADVANTAGE

How will it work?

The event will be split into TWO separate competitions, a 1vs1 and a 2vs2.

For the 1vs1 competition we have 32 slots to fill and for the 2vs2 we are going to get 16 teams (32 slots).

8 slots from each competition have already been reserved for invitees.

Once signed up, pilots will then be sorted and assigned matches.

Each match will consist of three rounds, first player/team to get 2 victories is declared the winner and will move onto the next stage.

The three rounds will be structured like this:

1vs1

- Round 1 - Pilots will be provided with 2 heat seeking missiles (SU27 - R-73, F15C - AIM-9) and their aircrafts gun, all of which will be employed post merge only.

- Round 2 - Pilots will be equipped only with their GUNS ONLY, in traditional Top Gun fashion, again firing post merge only!

- Round 3 - If after round 2 the score is tied then we repeat round 2 GUNS ONLY to get our winner.

2vs2

- Round 1 - Pilots will be provided with 2 heat seeking missiles (SU27 - R-73, F15C - AIM-9) and their aircrafts gun, all of which can be employed pre merge.

- Round 2 - Pilots will be equipped only with their GUNS ONLY, in traditional Top Gun fashion, again firing can be pre merge!

- Round 3 - If after round 2 the score is tied then we repeat round 2 GUNS ONLY to get our winner.

------------------------------------------------

We strongly believe in showing good sportsmanship, therefore all matches will have a referee who will orchestrate the match and resolve any issues that may arise during.

Something we noticed last time was using a cold turn and climb tactic to outlive the opposition by starving them of fuel, this is an example of something we consider unsportsmanlike. We want to see how well you can fight!

You will not be allowed to switch airframes once the match has started, you must complete all three rounds with the same airframe. You can change airframes in between matches.

For attendance to the event itself, you must show up 30 minutes before your match begins, if you aren't present in the TeamSpeak lobby 30 minutes before your match then we will already contact reserves.

When you do not show up 15 minutes before the match someone from the reserve list will fly your match. If no reserves are available, then the match will be ruled as a walkover win.

It's very important that we keep the event running, so that others will not suffer for someone else's tardiness.

Alot of organisational work goes into preparing an event like this, therefore we need to stick to a strict timetable to keep everything running smoothly, we hope you understand the reasons for the above.

Finally, keep yourself up to date with the event by checking the thread here, just in case any changes are made. Have fun!

Where do I sign up?

Anyone and everyone is welcome to sign up to the event, for 1vs1 and 2vs2, it doesn’t matter how skilled or unskilled you think you are.

Simply visit the relevant signup form below and enter your details in, once done, hop back to the thread here and just post your callsign into the thread so we can contact you easily if necessary.

1vs1 Sign up Form

2vs2 Sign up Form

PLEASE NOTE, that we strongly encourage you to sign up even if you believe that we have reached our limit for players, we've noticed plenty of AWOLs at past events so we therefore want a strong reserve list!

Where do I join Team Speak?

Address: 37.59.10.136

Password: wargames

The attached files are for you to train for the event

Top Gun Round 3 - FIGHT 1.miz

Top Gun Round 3 - FIGHT 2.miz

Edited by Dutch Baron
http://www.TAWDCS.org ### JOINT TASK FORCE JTF-88 ### https://tawdcs.org/battalion/88th/ ### PC: i9 - 32Gb RAM - GTX 1080Ti - TM Warthog Stick and Throttle - MFG Crosswind Black - TrackIR5 - Buddy Fox UFC

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Registered for 2v2. :)

Rage and me.

btw I have some questions:

- Is the airframe locked for the whole event or just per match?

- How many heaters do we get?

- Is canopy dropping allowed? (Hi Plaiskool :) )

[100☭] holimoli #13, 100-й КИАП

holimoli

- Is the airframe locked for the whole event or just per match? - airframe is locked for the match

- How many heaters do we get? - each AC will get 2 heaters

- Is canopy dropping allowed? (Hi Plaiskool ) - We decided after last time that canopy dropping wasn't allowed

holimoli

- Is the airframe locked for the whole event or just per match? - airframe is locked for the match

- How many heaters do we get? - each AC will get 2 heaters

- Is canopy dropping allowed? (Hi Plaiskool ) - We decided after last time that canopy dropping wasn't allowed

hey skycap :).. thanks for the quick answer :thumbup:

[100☭] holimoli #13, 100-й КИАП

Signed up for 1v1, but I don't understand why I gotta pick a plane type in the form.

I'll surely alternate plane type between matches, depending on what's needed ;)

Also, who are the invitees?

And lastly, surely in 2v2 firing before merge is allowed right? Because in 2v2, there is no single merge, but several merges (four merges actually), and thus here the definition of merge is quite subjective. If you want to enforce holdfire before merge in 2v2, you have to have extremely tightly defined parameters that define the merge, otherwise it's a big unfair mess where everyone decides for themselves when the merge has occurred.

In contrast, 1v1 merge definition is easy: the moment when the two aircraft are closest from each other (straight line between the two) and start separating again.

Edited by Stuge

The post merge rule does not stand in 2v2.

Regarding invitees, we I'll try to invite a few pilots who have proven themselves through past competitions as BFM experts. We hope this will make the competition even more exciting and also offer the participants the chance to go against some of the best BFM pilots in the history of DCS.

This will be an invitation to honor their past achievements but won't guarantee they will actually participate as many of them have retired.

This is the current list and of course we may have missed someone as I'm sure there are many other good pilots out there.

Stuge

Paploo

A.S

Yoda

KOT

Zerol

SuperMutt

Tito

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Signed up for 1v1, but I don't understand why I gotta pick a plane type in the form.

I'll surely alternate plane type between matches, depending on what's needed ;)

You are free to switch between matches, we are just interested in what you intend to fly for your first match. Presuming of course you make it to the second set of matches ;)

The post merge rule does not stand in 2v2.

Regarding invitees, we I'll try to invite a few pilots who have proven themselves through past competitions as BFM experts. We hope this will make the competition even more exciting and also offer the participants the chance to go against some of the best BFM pilots in the history of DCS.

This will be an invitation to honor their past achievements but won't guarantee they will actually participate as many of them have retired.

This is the current list and of course we may have missed someone as I'm sure there are many other good pilots out there.

Stuge

Paploo

A.S

Yoda

KOT

Zerol

SuperMutt

Tito

Please let me/Dutch know how this progresses

Welcome, Schweehog!

Thanks to everyone who enlisted so far and since not everyone who signed up.is reporting here, I'd like to post a quick heads up for everyone to see:

In the 1v1 we have received 31 registrations so far out of 32 available (yes it's filling up very quickly).

In the 2v2 we have had 9 teams so far out of 16 available so also filling up fast...

For those who are still thinking about registering hurry up and dont miss the party, it is going to be a great gathering of virtual pilots on Teamspeak, we are going to have a lounge channel where folks can hang out and have a chat together when not flying their match.

This is an excellent opportunity to make new friends learn useful tips about BFM in particular or DCS in general.

Do not get discouraged by the number of slots already taken in the 1v1. We will do our best to accommodate you ( we could extend the brackets a bit and allow 40ish players if necessary) but it's better to sign up today and not wait til D-day to turn up as a reserve as the only way for you to grab a seat by then is to replace someone who has not turned up for his match plus wait for your turn (first come first served).

S!

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Hi!

Please advise ZULU time.

Latest TS connection time is 1700 zulu (http://www.zulutime.net/)

Event will keep running until we have a winner, with TAW's 104th's and 51st's servers operating we should be done by 21:30z (Only those who keep winning have to stay until the end)

Ive signed up for both. I need to know the match times if possible though because the 9th might be a little iffy for me.

Hi Rage!

Its difficult to come up with exact times now since we have not closed the sign up yet but as a general rule, event will kick off around 1700z for everyone then it will keep going for those who keep winning with the final around 21:30/2200z...of course you can leave as soon as you lost your match.

S!