Dismounts Script

No, but a lot is happening with IRL stuff so I can only enhance it every now and then. I think last I've updated github was about a month ago. I've seen someone add two new issues/sugesstions now though, assuming that might have been you 🙂

Also the latest thing I'm working on is a big feature so it is taking time.

Edit: Ooops, assumed you've meant my script. I'll create a thread when I finish that feature and go "v1.0", hopefully in coming weeks, so I can stop highjacking MBot's thread.

Edited by WinterH

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

7 hours ago, WinterH said:

No, but a lot is happening with IRL stuff so I can only enhance it every now and then. I think last I've updated github was about a month ago. I've seen someone add two new issues/sugesstions now though, assuming that might have been you 🙂

Also the latest thing I'm working on is a big feature so it is taking time.

Edit: Ooops, assumed you've meant my script. I'll create a thread when I finish that feature and go "v1.0", hopefully in coming weeks, so I can stop highjacking MBot's thread.

Hey! Great to hear. Hope all is ok. Those were me on GitHub 🙂 great to hear you’re still working on it! 

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2022 at 12:03 AM, Hairdo1-1 said:

Hey! Great to hear. Hope all is ok. Those were me on GitHub 🙂 great to hear you’re still working on it! 

One last post here to link to new thread for my script: 

Hope y'all will like it! 🙂 We've gone v1.0! 😛

• Like 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

33 minutes ago, WinterH said:

One last post here to link to new thread for my script: 

Hope y'all will like it! 🙂 We've gone v1.0! 😛

Hey. Do you have any secret sauce on making your infantry stay closer to each other? Are you writing your own pathing algorithm or have you found some way to get the 60+ft between them down to just 3ft somehow?

6 minutes ago, Elphaba said:

Hey. Do you have any secret sauce on making your infantry stay closer to each other? Are you writing your own pathing algorithm or have you found some way to get the 60+ft between them down to just 3ft somehow?

I don't, sadly 🙂 they spawn close because of the initial positions assigned in the script, but once they start moving (which happens immediately after they disembark to get them away from the vehicle) they'll adopt the usual spacing.

DCS-Dismounts Script

1 minute ago, WinterH said:

I don't, sadly 🙂 they spawn close because of the initial positions assigned in the script, but once they start moving (which happens immediately after they disembark to get them away from the vehicle) they'll adopt the usual spacing.

😞 

Thanks anyway. Yeah the default distance is way too big. 

I've been thinking about writing my own pathing algorithm with each infantry as it's own unique group and the spacing based off it's own 'leader'.

A lot of work sure, but it would solve the problem... And maybe stop them wandering off and going AWOL during a directly line path like they do now...

15 minutes ago, Elphaba said:

Thanks anyway. Yeah the default distance is way too big. 

I've been thinking about writing my own pathing algorithm with each infantry as it's own unique group and the spacing based off it's own 'leader'.

A lot of work sure, but it would solve the problem... And maybe stop them wandering off and going AWOL during a directly line path like they do now...

I am thinking of trying if I can assign groups custom formations, because that is something I will need for other features in the script too, but didn't come around to trying that yet, I assume you may have tried and it isn't possible then?

DCS-Dismounts Script

54 minutes ago, WinterH said:

I am thinking of trying if I can assign groups custom formations, because that is something I will need for other features in the script too, but didn't come around to trying that yet, I assume you may have tried and it isn't possible then?

I couldn't get it to work. 

I saw someone on these forums somewhere had two columns of soldiers marching in formation - all allegedly done by a custom formation - but everytime I've tried  as soon as they can they all spaz out and go in different directions and then original spacing. 

The video that showed this was working *on a road* and not 'off road' I wonder if it's to do with inclines and vegetation etc that causes them to freak out and lose cohesion. 

Either way, it doesn't seem a simple quick fix... 😕