Game unresponsive when mouse pointer is outside window

Damocles

In DCS GUI, under VR - put a checkmark in " Confine Mouse to game window"

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Cheers, I new I!d seen it somewhere but must have missed it when I had a look in the control panel.

:thumbup:

Have fun!!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Or just alt-enter and go full screen. Legend has it that it also helps with performance.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I have had this ticked since it was implemented a while ago but it doesn't seem to work for me, i thought it was broken!! I always alt enter.

Can anyone confirm that keeping the pointer in game actually works?

It might be broken.

I had mine ticked when I checked, I knew I'd seen it somewhere. That said, since I unticked it and ticked it again I haven't had an issue, all be it with only about an half an hours testing.

I have this issue as well, even with the "confine the cursor" box ticked and running in full screen mode, it doesn't keep the cursor from moving out of the DCS screen. I run more than one monitor and it is too easy to move the mouse too much so Windows looses focus. I try to only use the buttons on my HOTAS for mouse control, but often forget and grab the mouse. I have tried reducing the DPI on the mouse to a minimum and even thought of installing the mouse in a captive dock while flying DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

I have this issue as well, even with the "confine the cursor" box ticked and running in full screen mode, it doesn't keep the cursor from moving out of the DCS screen.

Are you just ticking the full screen option? Need to be sure and do ALT+ENTER to get true full screen.

Don B

Are you just ticking the full screen option? Need to be sure and do ALT+ENTER to get true full screen.

I do both. When DCS starts in VR with the Vive, it is only partial screen even with the USE FULL SCREEN ticked. I then press ALT+ENTER to make it full screen.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals