looking for more information on ASW

fitness88

ASW is not magic fix for everything, if your in-game FPS drops below 45 it can struggle.

Another scenario is when ASW kicks in and the game switches from 90 to 45 fps, this can produce a small stutter. You can force enable ASW @ 45FPS all the time with CTRL+KP3 combo and see if it helps.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

• 2 months later...

I am a new rift user...i tried to follow some post here and installed oculus tray tool...i tried pixel density 1.3 to 2.0 both there and in game and tried to disable ASW (to understand what is the real fps). I cannot see any change the graphics seems the same to me and the fps are always 45 or 90 as with ASW on...OTT is run as administrator as stated in the instruction where i am doing some mistake?also is there a way to debug and see what are the options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I am a new rift user...i tried to follow some post here and installed oculus tray tool...i tried pixel density 1.3 to 2.0 both there and in game and tried to disable ASW (to understand what is the real fps). I cannot see any change the graphics seems the same to me and the fps are always 45 or 90 as with ASW on...OTT is run as administrator as stated in the instruction where i am doing some mistake?also is there a way to debug and see what are the options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Are you setting a profile specifically for DCS.exe in the OTT? I set my PD in the game GUI, and use the Tray Tool to disable ASW.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Are you setting a profile specifically for DCS.exe in the OTT? I set my PD in the game GUI, and use the Tray Tool to disable ASW.

Have you found any performance difference between setting a specific DCS.exe profile in OTT and that of using what you set in the main OTT window?

I take it the profile takes precedence over the main window settings?

Have you found any performance difference between setting a specific DCS.exe profile in OTT and that of using what you set in the main OTT window?

I take it the profile takes precedence over the main window settings?

Yes, the profile will go active when the game one sets it for is run, and go inactive when the game exits. I have not tried setting it globally in the OTT so can't really compare.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yes, the profile will go active when the game one sets it for is run, and go inactive when the game exits. I have not tried setting it globally in the OTT so can't really compare.

I've tried PD settings in OTT main, OTT profile...seems pretty much the same, I would say PD settings in game slightly less.

Definitely not doing well with ASW set to off, real blurry when low and fast looking 90 degrees left or right. Much better set to on. Chasing high FPS can be a bit of a distraction from what really works well, performance is what matters after all.

VirusAM,

I can't turn ASW on or off either. I have only tried with the KP 1-4 commands though, not the tray tool.

I have no idea why, unfortunately.

Also having that problem - the KP 1-4 commands have no effect on ASW in DCS for me now. :(

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 years later...
1 hour ago, MrShooty said:

So for the hard of learning - what does ASW stand for? Anti Submarine Warfare when I last looked but I presume it's different. What does it do and where are the settings for it? Thanks

https://developer.oculus.com/blog/asynchronous-spacewarp/?locale=en_GB

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals