Few Questions

rvotri

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Amp0qp4RitCgg4UMJ-8Jnzhh8y_5wQs!Amp0qp4RitCgg4UMJ-8Jnzhh8y_5wQ

Please take a Look in the image.

I've read manual, but things are'nt a real clear yet to me.. I'm currently learning and there's too much to understand and things get confused: So here it goes: Is this information Correct?

1 Enemy engagement Zone

2 Friendlys Units

3 Enemy Units

4 Friendlys Engagement Zone

Plus i would like to know:

If those dots are in fact enemy /friends units, where abris get this data from? How abris knows that there's a unit there?

It's possible to auto-slew shkval to that point, like happen on A10C china slew to SPI for example? I currently use the slew control, the start to search on area.

Blue dots are always enemyes/red Friendlyes?

And a question that i've looking for some time. and even trying what i found over internet and manuals i'm not having succes.

For example, i pressed F10, saw a enemy unit, get its coordinates (lat/lon) and want to imput on Abris, is it possible? Could i use this to slew shkval to target?

This would be very useful for me since i use a scripted JTAC unit flying and giving Coords for targets, then imput coords to tgts would help a lot.

Ah! A question more. Why sometimes when turning on HOver, my Auto Pilot Lights starts to blink and then after turn off hover they turns off too?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by rvotri

Who cares...

You are correct in all of your 1>2>3>4 Points exept 1 and 4 are more detection range zones. Keep in mind the red means always friendly units inside the Abriss it doesnt matter wich Coalition side you are on.

The units will not be shown in the Abriss as soon as they where made invisible inside the mission editor.

If they are visible they count as known positions.

The Abriss will not being updated during your flight> Destroyed units will still be shown and positions of moving targets will remain at the position where they have been when you joined the mission or connected as Client to a server.

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom

For example, i pressed F10, saw a enemy unit, get its coordinates (lat/lon) and want to imput on Abris, is it possible? Could i use this to slew shkval to target?

This would be very useful for me since i use a scripted JTAC unit flying and giving Coords for targets, then imput coords to tgts would help a lot.

you can use NAVTGT's (left collom,i thinks its the 4th button ) but beware:

1) ka50 uses decimal coordinat system

2) its not very accurate because PVI only has one digit insteadt of 3 as shown on map (use LALT + Z to change coordinat systems on f10map

does that hover problem happen at very low altitude? under 4m? i

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

The units will not be shown in the Abriss as soon as they where made invisible inside the mission editor.

If they are visible they count as known positions.

Hmmmm... So, to prevent units from appears on ABRIS should i set'em all as HIDDENicon5.gif Or it's related to the "Fog of War"?

AH, saw you video flying to show you new sound! LOUD!!! But the "star of show" was the way you handled that KA-50! Amazing to see how that thing could be versatile and deadLY... I guess my KA has a problem, it doesn't fly like that icon10.gificon10.gificon10.gif

Thank you 4 fast answer!

you can use NAVTGT's (left collom,i thinks its the 4th button ) but beware:

1) ka50 uses decimal coordinat system

2) its not very accurate because PVI only has one digit insteadt of 3 as shown on map (use LALT + Z to change coordinat systems on f10map

Cool! I made the steps and get a blink square on ABRIS, "slaved" Shkval with "O" and TADA! "Looking" very close to target!

does that hover problem happen at very low altitude? under 4m? i

Ahahah! I'm pretty sure... Tk...

1 - I had a strange behavior today (not sure if really is a problem) but happened that the "Auto Turn on Target" when on, it puts target almost at my 11, outside the Gun engagement square, and was painfull to fight against rudders LOL... Is it normal? Something i did wrong or missed?

2 - Collective Break (F key), i didn't noticed any behavior change, on manual it isn't much clear...

3 - Sometimes, HOVER, don't prevent plane to keep moving, i do my best triming to stop then active Hover and plane starts to "roll" (~10k/h) in a randon direction... Manual says that Hover would stop, keep and even bank or pitch to the helicopter to bring it back to it's initial hover pos. (I alredysaw that happening), but in most cases, it just wander around freely, like right now, while i'm typing, my sim is runing and KA-50 is hovering forward at 3km/h hahaha.

Oh Gosh!! Forgive me for all this text guys! But i'm kinda anxious to at least have a "good flight day" lol...

Who cares...

Even when using auto-target or auto hover you may have to re-adjust trim. I'll sometimes make 2 or 3 more corrections after trimming and/or entering auto-hover or turn to tgt.

Also a good idea to Not hover to good. A little L or R strafing makes you harder to hit.

Edited by cthulhu68

• 2 weeks later...

1 - I had a strange behavior today (not sure if really is a problem) but happened that the "Auto Turn on Target" when on, it puts target almost at my 11, outside the Gun engagement square, and was painfull to fight against rudders LOL... Is it normal? Something i did wrong or missed?

Well, keep in mind the gun is mounted on the right side of the fuselage, so there's a bias towards the right of where it can engage. I haven't had many experiences where getting the rudder to swing the ship around was difficult, since it's not fighting torque, but I do recommend binding the targeting keys (including Auto Turn to Target) so that you can quickly turn those features on and off. I've bound all of the targeting toggles to QWAS and the autopilot settings to keypad 4,5,1,2 so that they correspond to the cockpit layout.

Almost always, if the Ka-50 isn't doing what I expect it to do, it's because one of the autopilot modes is not set how I thought it was.

• 1 month later...