[REPORTED] Consistency/logic in right/left mouse click in cockpit

Redglyph

• 3 years later...

--- Note *** Significant time passed since last post ----

Things may have changed since the above post, but definitely the rotation of the knobs is still following the global physical mouse-left-right rule, which means a right click moves the knob right, a left click moves it left, irrespective of making sense in terms of "off/on" or "increase/decrease".

But if it wasn't changed for so long, makes me think if this was intended, and since there is some logic behind it, it may actually be a valid choice, but I think this needs to be an actual choice as an official option between the two behaviors. Some people may actually prefer to have this standard way of knob rotation behavior.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

--- Note *** Significant time passed since last post ----

Things may have changed since the above post, but definitely the rotation of the knobs is still following the global physical mouse-left-right rule, which means a right click moves the knob right, a left click moves it left, irrespective of making sense in terms of "off/on" or "increase/decrease".

But if it wasn't changed for so long, makes me think if this was intended, and since there is some logic behind it, it may actually be a valid choice, but I think this needs to be an actual choice as an official option between the two behaviors. Some people may actually prefer to have this standard way of knob rotation behavior.

Haha, yes, it's been a long time!

As far as I can see in DCS 2.5.5.41962, there is no change. If you follow the link you should see a patch and a report of all the wrong switches and knobs (quite a lot), it's mostly the 3-way switches that need fixing.

I think the worst is not a deliberate choice of reversing all the logic, because it's arbitrary to begin with, but inconsistency like in the A-10C. I never know what click does what because there is no common logic behind, sometimes to flip a switch up you need to right click, sometimes you need to left click.

Derelor reported this several times to the devs (together with my patch, so it's really zero work for them), but it was just ignored.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR