Eurofighter

olevolsing

The third party developer studio VEAO (the guys that made the Hawk), was working on a Eurofighter Typhoon, but had to stop all their development due to insolvency.

Currently, there is no one known to be working on a Eurofighter Typhoon for DCS.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yeah I don't think a Eurofighter is coming soon... at the very least not for another 5 years

Besides, the disparity between REDFOR and BLUFOR would be ridiculous.

The most modern aircraft REDFOR has is probably the MiG-29S/Su-27S (i.e the first production Su-27 variant) we've already got and we are getting very capable aircraft for BLUFOR, but REDFOR is lagging seriously behind.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

It's quite possibly the most secretive aircraft (that we know about) in the world right now. VEAO had absolutely no chance simulating that thing.

They did, as they had clearence from the UK MOD. The problem was, ED didn't, which means they couldn't verify that VEAOs work is true to real data.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

They did, as they had clearence from the UK MOD. The problem was, ED didn't, which means they couldn't verify that VEAOs work is true to real data.

People think the Eurofighter is some superplane that is more advanced s everything else in every category by large margin. Sure if yo think of current service EF ( a late block tranche 2, or especially if looking at the upcoming Tranche 3) in DCS would really be something with its BVR Meteor missile and IRIST, coupled with being a true multi mission aeroplane, with precision strike with options for some really neat stand off weapons like brimstone or Strom shadow. However the version VEAO had planned was the Tranch 1.

Tranch 1 was early variation. A predominately A2A fighter with more rudimentary features than its current serving models initally with no A/G strike capability. The last productions of Tranche 1 , the Block 5 allowed for A/G, via integrated ability to use ALARM and Laser guided bombs, but NO GPS guided muntions or super long stand off weapon contemporary of JSOW for eg . EF are still equipped with MESA radars ( current service EF are only just going to start getting AESA)

Tranche 1 would still be a fantastic performing A/C, but as you can see still would lack some features / weapons that even modernized Legacy Hornet or Viper would have.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

They did, as they had clearance from the UK MOD. The problem was, ED didn't, which means they couldn't verify that VEAOs work is true to real data.

...However the version VEAO had planned was the Tranch 1.

Tranche 1 would still be a fantastic performing A/C, but as you can see still would lack some features / weapons that even modernized Legacy Hornet or Viper would have.

Tranche 1 is still very much secretive. The British MoD are tighter than a ducks arse for security - they won't release anything publicly unless they really have to. For example all performance information on the Tranche 1 is classified secret - I know because I have the Typhoon aircrew documentation from the RAF. About 80% of the document is just black pages.

The VEAO Typhoon was destined to fail before it got off the ground. Their supposed clearance means nothing - they will not have access to crucial performance information and systems information.

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

Tranche 1 is still very much secretive. The British MoD are tighter than a ducks arse for security - they won't release anything publicly unless they really have to. For example all performance information on the Tranche 1 is classified secret - I know because I have the Typhoon aircrew documentation from the RAF. About 80% of the document is just black pages.

The VEAO Typhoon was destined to fail before it got off the ground. Their supposed clearance means nothing - they will not have access to crucial performance information and systems information.

since it it was a government contract to create RAF simulator it could have signed an NDA. ( Ie treated as a defense contractor)

just like ED may have been was privy to information on the A10C, that might have been not necessarily secret but had some level of restriction classification to general public ( notice how "rare" it is to find a basic FM)

Or how did Ed get the Performance charts for an F/A18C sporting GE F404 402 engines, when the only publicly available performance charts are for the earlier F404 F400 engines. Mind you the Hornet was a consumer product, not a "civilian" version of a desktop trainer for the military. either must be used some leaked information, or they have approximated the performance gains of the new engines.

To emulate an aircraft in a virtual simulation is just that. its not an exact replica of the real thing. certain aspects of modern a/c will always be approximated. ( some more than others). Now im not going to say where since its against the rules but lets just say there is a Da7 ( italian) EF FM and 2 seat manual out there that you can find that does give insight on how to operate the A/C and some avionics features, and various MFD pages.

but ofc you are right. no performance charts, however we don't know what deal VEAO had with MOD. All We do know they were supposed to make a official EF trainer for RAF, and thayt they approved for a "civilian" consumer release of it. But the project died for entirely different reasons ( all thier projects did) , and its pointless to speculate what could have been or what was the backroom dealings.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Or how did Ed get the Performance charts for an F/A18C sporting GE F404 402 engines, when the only publicly available performance charts are for the earlier F404 F400 engines.

The document you're referring to is the NFM-210. I spoke to NATEC early last year about getting the NFM-210 via a Freedom of Information request. The document is unclassified but can't be sent to me because it would require an export license (I'm in the UK). If a US Citizen wants to submit a FOIA to get it here is the link - http://www.navair.navy.mil/foia/

Now I'm not going to say where since its against the rules but lets just say there is a Da7 ( Italian) EF FM and 2 seat manual out there that you can find that does give insight on how to operate the A/C and some avionics features, and various MFD pages.

Yep, I have these manuals. The Italian Typhoon is slightly different inside to the RAF, I can see certain displays function differently and so on.

But whilst we're on the British aircraft wishlist train I would like to submit my vote for a Tornado GR.1. It's mostly declassified and used by number of European nations. It's also fast and looks good!

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

Tornado3 small.jpg