Pilot Skin Color and Gender

Boneski

You can take a photo of your self and mod the file for the pilot.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

What it comes down to is dev time.

This!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Indeed we do , and the first casualty of that divisiveness is rationality .

It seems we much prefer nihilistic ecstasies .

That's a lot of big words you used on this here internet. We don't take kindly to big words -_-

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

What was it exactly that was proven?

I believe he's reffering to EA's biggest flop to date - Battlefield 5. Political correctness went brilliant for them didn't it...

When presumably white people tell the rest of the world that the request for multi-colored pilot skins is a matter of politics and gender ideology, it's just sad that somehow they feel that they have the right to tell others to shut up. And *then* these same people complain about potential censorship and claim the fundamental right to free speech? That audacity.

Nice casual racism you've managed to slip in there. Very cool. The argument has not been made that 'blacks shouldn't be in the game, muh white pilots only please'. The argument is that it shouldn't be a development priority because a) it adds nothing to the game and b) there are much bigger fish to fry right now. You need not bring politics into this but you tried anyway.

I don't see the issue with DCS reflecting that same diversity. It's not an insurmountable task. Quite the opposite actually.

I don't see the issue with DCS not reflecting that same racial makeup. I'm yet to see a convincing argument that would convince me otherwise.

Intel i5-8600k | EVGA RTX 3070 | Windows 10 | 32GB RAM @3600 MHz | 500 GB Samsung 850 SSD

Indeed, some people seem to believe that everything that has to do with "diversity", a black person or a woman is a part of some huge conspiratorial scheme against white people. It's not. In our community we have members who are men and women; white, black and everything inbetween. The same is seen in most modern air forces. I don't see the issue with DCS reflecting that same diversity. It's not an insurmountable task. Quite the opposite actually.

I do not have an issue with diversity, I certainly do not believe that adding a more diverse range of plots is somehow part of a massive conspiracy against white people. Come on...

Nor do I have an issue with the request being made, however - the issue I have is that most of the time the majority of pilots in DCS have no discernible features indicating that they're male or female. Take a look at them, they're completely in their flight suits, they're wearing a helmet, they typically have an oxygen mask covering their lower faces and an opaque visor covering the top of their faces - and it is the same story both in or out of the cockpit. To even notice this you really have to be really looking specifically for this - usually involving messing around with the camera.s far As other aircraft go - there are people on this forum who have trouble spotting aircraft let alone their pilots and will almost certainly miss the skin colour or sex of the pilot if they can even discern it at all, I can't think of many scenarios where I would even be able to clearly see the pilots of other aircraft.

Now this means that in the majority of cases, what changes would you make to facilitate the request? You can only really do so for aircraft where you can clearly see features of the pilot - essentially limiting it to the WWII aircraft (of which there are 4) and the helicopters excl. the Ka-50 of which there are 3. And if the change goes largely unnoticed and doesn't really benefit DCS in comparison to numerous other issues which surely should take precedence, then it's kind of a wasted effort.

If ED or other parties did include a more diverse range of pilots, then fine so be it. It really, really, really doesn't bother me in the slightest. I imagine most players probably won't even realise it and if they do notice it they'll almost certainly not care about it. I imagine they're probably far more interested in some annoying bug or something; maybe focusing on just trying to avoid a fight with the ground, or that ominous streak of white smoke racing their way at an alarming rate, or that loud beeping noise etc etc etc. I imagine they're far more worried about those kind of things than worrying about the precise nature of their pilot's sex or skin colour, which again, for the vast majority of the time, in or out of the cockpit, is pretty hard to notice unless your specifically looking for it, especially seeing as more often that not the pilot body gets turned off as it gets in the way of switches and buttons, though it's not like you could see much anyway without messing with the camera) which if do that it pretty much makes implementing changes pretty much a waste of time.

Now I obviously don't speak for everyone but I imagine this is mostly the case. It would be far more worthwhile if 3D/texture artists were working on fixing things in dire need of upgrading e.g a lot of pretty important and iconic aircraft (B-1B, Tu-95, B-52H, SH-60B, Tu-160 etc etc etc), quite a lot of ground vehicles (even some of the decent looking ones could do with some touch ups), near enough all of the limited number of maritime assets that we have, apart from about 5-6 of them and practically every single static object.

Surely replacing the old and long outdated models and textures with new ones, adding new static objects etc etc etc are far more important than making a change that for the most part will probably go unnoticed - it's work for next to no gain.

If you want diversity the best place for it is radio chatter/speech, and personnel units - infantry, crews etc etc etc - all I imagine would be welcome assets and actually worth the effort.

At the moment radios and speech isn't exactly one of DCS' strong points, the system as a whole is pretty limited in a few places and the speech for me at least leaves something to be desired - adding a more diverse range of voices would be a welcome feature - it's more representative of reality, there's no reason why not, it only adds more and the work will actually be worthwhile - for me it will certainly make the experience more immersive in this area.

Plus we already have a female Russian voice for ATC, do we see anybody complaining?

As for the infantry units and personell, they're really few and far between, there's a very limited choice in the range of units (maximum I've seen is at best 3 types) and they're all clones of each other, I think it would be great to see a much wider range of available units with a diverse range of each (as at the moment they're all clones of each other - which does eat away at the immersion somewhat in this area for me) say 5-6 different types of a certain infantry unit and multiple or so different types of units for each country. At least in this situation the work required would be worth it, and there's no reason why not.

Plus, you're already getting what you want - https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=189312 is anyone really complaining? And here again it's worthwhile - it's a change that's going to be noticed.

Ultimately I'd rather see developers spend time fixing things in need of fixing, rather than fixing things that when compared to other issues are hardly an issue at all. I mean if it really bothers you you are perfectly able to re-texture your pilot as you desire, or if you are unable I'm sure you'll find someone who can. It's your freedom to do so and I don't see anyone complaining about this.

That's the long and the short of it I'm afraid - there are far, far, FAR bigger issues on the table here - and implementing a change that doesn't really benefit DCS and what most won't even realise seems like a waste of time regardless - there are things that have far more priority and should take priority (DCS is chiefly a flight simulator with a focus on combat aviation above everything else so that's where it's focus should be) that will actually be worth the time and effort. And there is a far more appropriate and worthwhile way of achieving a request for diversity in a meaningful and worthwhile way where it can actually serve to strengthen DCS.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 9 months later...
It would be nice to have some options in this area...

I understand that voices would be hard to do for radio comms and localization...

But it would be a nice to have where we could change the skin color of the pilot that better models diversity or at the very least a pilot model that that is full covered with gloves and maybe even a turtle neck shirt with mask and visor down with no skin showing at all.

Just and Idea.

As long as it is a quick fix, I support having more skin colors, we have Ethiopia in the nations list. it would be cool to at least have black AI pilots there.

As long as it is a quick fix, I support having more skin colors, we have Ethiopia in the nations list. it would be cool to at least have black AI pilots there.

this is ethiopian fighter female pilot

Capt Aster Tollosa whit su27

269385_577999732218775_284430363_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQk9mNZoceJPlq-NuooFIfCWI9Afk7BjMWRsq521YGM_yGCCN4lCc_vQ2nMVMEG0_0Y&_nc_ht=scontent-mxp1-1.xx&oh=a82ff43021a34c8fd03c90485190d0a2&oe=5E426952

this is first somalia pilot

1024x538_389932.jpg?1506338387

but I prefer the Nigerian pilots they are more bad more determined and more dangerous

Edited by Xilon_x

It's a legitimate request.

Only issue is the turtleneck suggestion. That is simply over the top!!! Nobody could possibly fly wearing a turtleneck, well maybe the Brits. There are tactical reasons turtlenecks are bad for combat flying...ITCH!!! Even in this game, just knowing that my poor pilot is wearing such restricting and choking clothing would cause insurmountable itching. Plus they are out of fashion. lol

Bring on the skin!

TI-84 graphics calculator (overclocked) 24 KB RAM

• 4 months later...

Oh my... :doh:

and there I was, hoping this thread died a silent death..

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH