Difference between standalone map and MAC

Marujet

Hi there,

I am interested to pick this up but read that the upcoming Modern Air Combat release will have NTTR and Persian Gulf maps included as well. May I know the difference between this "full fat" module and the ones that will be included in MAC?

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, thanks in advance for any info.

Modules: F-14A/B | F/A-18C | M2000C | AV-8B | Hawk | L-39 | A-10C | C-101 | UH-1 | Normandy | Supercarrier

Hi there,

I am interested to pick this up but read that the upcoming Modern Air Combat release will have NTTR and Persian Gulf maps included as well. May I know the difference between this "full fat" module and the ones that will be included in MAC?

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, thanks in advance for any info.

MAC will "only" include parts of the NTTR and PG map, not the whole maps. But what parts exactly are included in MAC? :dunno:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Ah ok so the information isn't out there yet. Would love to know! I bought the Albatross shortly before it was announced that it will be part of MAC so don't want to make the same error.

Modules: F-14A/B | F/A-18C | M2000C | AV-8B | Hawk | L-39 | A-10C | C-101 | UH-1 | Normandy | Supercarrier

Ah ok so the information isn't out there yet. Would love to know! I bought the Albatross shortly before it was announced that it will be part of MAC so don't want to make the same error.
My understanding is that all aircrafts in MAC that exist as a full fidelity version in DCS will be simplified in MAC to fit its intended customer base (both pilot/machine interaction and flight model). MAC is for those not wanting a studysim as DCS. So the Albatross will most likely not be the same in MAC and DCS.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

My understanding is that all aircrafts in MAC that exist as a full fidelity version in DCS will be simplified in MAC to fit its intended customer base (both pilot/machine interaction and flight model). MAC is for those not wanting a studysim as DCS. So the Albatross will most likely not be the same in MAC and DCS.

Yes most players would hardly call that an error.

BTW working on a casual mission where the alby is the toughest CAS plane :smilewink:

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

Thanks for the information, I do love the Alby as it's my first foray into study sims in DCS. Guess I will wait for further developments on the MAC side. Planning to use it to grab more people into the game!

Yes MAC can be quite nice (esp. to screen aircraft before you decide to buy them as full fidelity).

But FC3 is already a good deal for people that are new/just want to do tactical A2A. Especially when it's -50% and there's a MAC upgrade coming. I bought it full price 2 weeks before :lol:

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

My advice - if u want PG I would get it. If u don't have the hornet already, I think there's a combo sale that may still be on. I wouldn't consider or count on MAC until it's actually out.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

I do have the Hornet, just thinking about PG. Not a fan of desert maps but I read that it's suitable for the f-18 and the upcoming f-14.