What has happened with Ugra/ Yugra media

philstyle

Is this third party still engaged on the Normandy map project in any way?

This rather opaque organisation (which seems to be connected to, or operate from a polytechnic or similar) is now apparently doing the map work for another developer on another France-based map ... naming no names....

Given that they seem to be a rather small outfit, does this mean that Normandy map development/ polishing is finished? Or has ED taken over this in-house?

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

They are working on the Syria map.

This is from the April 20 newsletter:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/2018-04-20_DCS2.5.1Update/

Since the map’s release, there have been several improvements like new period objects windmills, water towers, farm houses, etc.), better beach lines, corrected mesh errors, cleaned up textures, and more detail in the England portion of the map. Currently, Urga Media (the developer) is occupied with their Syria map. However, once the Syria map is complete, we will discuss with them further improvements to the Normandy map like use of speedtrees.

Hi Nirvi.

Could you also flag the missing or incorrectly routed MSR routes, of which there seem to be many on this map; Lisiuex-Caen in particular does not appear to even follow the period map supplied in game.

Was attempting to build some semi-historical frontline layouts and noticed that a lot of major-medium road routes are either divergent form historical or downright missing.

PS -Would also be nice to see "Pegasus" bridge modelled more authentically given it's importance to the D-Day operation.

Edited by DD_Fenrir

It makes no sense jumping to a new map before one of very high importance is done to the full quality and standard ED has set in the past.

Its the only map for ww2, atleast address the performance problems and get speed tree in.:cry:

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

• 9 months later...

Hi guys,

I know this is an old thread, and as far as I can see, from ALL the threads here, everybody is unhappy with the situation around Normandy Map. I was going to make a new thread to ask about optimization, FPS drops, and the mess with cities in the wrong place or even not existing at all, as I bought the map the other day and noticed all of this things straight away (knowing that I could've spend that money on the Persian Golf map) ...

BUT all of that has been said already and there are plenty of threads reporting everything that I noticed, exactly as it is, and saying exactly what I wanted to say ... so there's no point in trying to bring all of that up again.

My suggestion to everybody: leave it. Let it be. Let's wait for the Syrian map to come out... and then see if they will really put some love into Normandy Map. And if that doesn't happen, I'll take a LONG time to buy anything from Ugra Media again. Because I paid full price for an unfinished map (or a "test map" as it was suggested), knowing that I could've bought a new plane model, or a helicopter, or even another map that works and it's complete... they charged me full price for "that" map, well now they gonna have to wait a VERY long time until I'm "able" to buy something else from them again... :-)

Just a suggestion.

Alex.

I bought the Normandy map when it was released and regretted it an hour later. I do not think I'll buy another one from Ugra Media. Same feeling about the WWII Assets Pack. :(

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I have bought it a few months ago and haven't used it much given the dcs warbird community is hibernating at the moment but I was really happy at the quality of the map and you can tell there was effort put into it. I did not notice bad performance either. Maybe it's just because I haven't used it enough to be able to tell, I don't know but right now I don't get why you guys are complaining.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't know but right now I don't get why you guys are complaining.

I guess people are complaining about it because:

1) It has no speedtrees which results in worse performance, crappy looking trees and ridiculously low LOD radius

2) Performance overall. Compare your FPS with the other maps. You might have a super powerful PC and not notice it, but with the same settings Normandy runs at around 40% lower FPS, at least for me. That's a lot for a map that's smaller than anything else we have in DCS right now. It should perform better if anything.

3) Too often you see areas of the map that look like random textures put stitched together. The transition isn't smooth. That's absolutely unacceptable for a map of this size (small!)

4) Airfields not accurate in regards to runway types, etc. Not sure how much of this has been fixed though.

I am curious about the 50% fps VR improvements coming from ED in the near future - they identified an issue with the terrain rendering and are tweaking their own maps (Caucasus, NTTR, PG) internally before we get to enjoy the benefits. So far, so good.

However, given the already poor performance of the Normandy map, who is responsible of tweaking it to reach that 50% fps gain? Ugra, or ED? I personally hope the latter... does anybody have any insights?

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Well, I really hope they fix it and I'll keep that hope until after they launch the Syrian map and I think everybody should do the same... as they said (I saw in other threads, from ED) they will go back there and fix all of this things and I truly believe they will.

We all know that there's A LOT of people out there that loves WWII era planes, including ED and Ugra!, and I think it would be something very stupid from them NOT to go back and fix this, as they will lose prestige amongst regular costumers and also new costumers coming too. And they also know this too! :)

I understand the frustration of many people that bought the map and got disapointed, I got too... but still, let's give them some time, to finish the Syrian map and after that we'll know if they were being true or not. And only then we can come back here and %!@?:*&%@"&*!%*@?!*"

And yes, there's a lot of "canyons" and huge walls of grass coming from nowhere in the southern coast of England that don't exist! lol (that really pissed me off)