Can You Make It Over The Hump?

-Rudel-

/a bit off topic, sorry

It seems that I'm unable to reply to a PM I just got. So here's the answer : the pictures in my post are taken from a French comic book entitled Angel Wings. It is drawn by Romain Hugault who is gifted for drawing very accurate planes and also gorgeous girls. ;)

He has done some other works so far, as Le Grand Duc, which covers the Ostfront, while Angel Wings tells a story of the USAF operations over "The Hump", in Burma.

I don't know if his comics are edited in English.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I did some 3D modeling a long time ago and based on what I saw it, Rudel's image represents a 3d mesh on top view (probably made using 3D Studio). The blurry lines behind the 3d mesh indicate a technical drawing from a plane wing tip.:pilotfly:

I think this is a snapshot taken to the wingtip of the F4U Corsair 3D model. A work in progress for the upcoming DCS Leatherneck module.

r1stosS.jpg?1

• Like 1

...and yet, here you both are.

It's a paradox, Morty!

:thumbup:

:lol:

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

I think this is a snapshot taken to the wingtip of the F4U Corsair 3D model. A work in progress for the upcoming DCS Leatherneck module.

:surrender: Oh right, I suppose the Hump can wait, then.

I did some 3D modeling a long time ago and based on what I saw it, Rudel's image represents a 3d mesh on top view (probably made using 3D Studio). The blurry lines behind the 3d mesh indicate a technical drawing from a plane wing tip.:pilotfly:

nice theory, but way too low poly for an actual wingtip i would guess. like others suggested, looks more like ground modelling to me, or maybe.. something very much zoomed in!

r1stosS.jpg?1

It honestly looks like its the wingtip of a A6M5 Type 52 instead :)

a6m5_52.gif

A6M5 confirmed! :D

Edited by Hummingbird

I too enjoy trolling my source of income.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

:thumbup:

"Still don't give a rats ass what it is."

EDIT: I am here just checking odd threads to see if my backer rewards are ever going to ship.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

r1stosS.jpg?1

Lol it fits but it kind of seems like a vague tease. I'm not as excited for the Corsair as the Viggen or Tomcat, but I've definetely become much more interested in the plane.

Well with the P-40 being modeled the a potential "China/Burma" map and these little hints, we could be seeing A6M's.

Of course the Flying Tigers only flew P-40b's and e's, but still, a bloke can dream :P

Could be a Ki-27 perhaps or Ki-43?..

whatever the tease is about, watching old videos about "flying the hump" is very fascinating. this is a part of ww2 aviation i wasn't really aware of. lots of info to find with google/youtube.

[ame]

[/ame]

[ame]

[/ame]

well worth spending some time watching all those videos on a lazy sunday afternoon, if you are interested in ww2 aviation.

:surrender: Oh right, I suppose the Hump can wait, then.

Wiki "tales" - "While piloting a C-46 on one such mission, Lt. Wally A. Gayda returned fire in desperation against a fighter by pushing a Browning automatic rifle out the cockpit window and firing a full magazine, killing the Japanese pilot" :gun_sniper:

Hump > Hamp.

Edited by Sokol1_br

I just glad they teasing something.:)

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

Wiki "tales" - "While piloting a C-46 on one such mission, Lt. Wally A. Gayda returned fire in desperation against a fighter by pushing a Browning automatic rifle out the cockpit window and firing a full magazine, killing the Japanese pilot" :gun_sniper:

Hump > Hamp.

R.Hugault and Yann, the authors, like to introduce real war facts in their comics, and I know about it.

FYI, the word tale can either be used to say :

"An account of an asserted fact or circumstance; a rumour; a report, especially an idle or malicious story; a piece of gossip or slander; a lie."
OR

"A rehearsal of what has occured".
So, please, don't be such an ass.

Check Rudels location on his profile....沖縄県 i.e. Okinawa. If that's not a hint, I don't know what is.

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

Hump > Hamp.

Lol where is this from?

These are from?

I've already answered. :smilewink:

[...]

the pictures in my post are taken from a French comic book entitled Angel Wings. It is drawn by Romain Hugault who is gifted for drawing very accurate planes and also gorgeous girls. wink.gif

He has done some other works so far, as Le Grand Duc, which covers the Ostfront, while Angel Wings tells a story of the USAF operations over "The Hump", in Burma.

I don't know if his comics are edited in English.