Some pics of the worlds only airworthy AJS 37 Viggen, Gustav 52.

robban75

Where is my Viggen? :)

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Yes, it really is! Hopefully one day we'll see it in DCS. It is a true adversary to the MiG-21. These two often met each other over the Baltic sea during the cold war. And in Finland they were stablemates. :)

Would absolutely adore a Draken module :thumbup:

That aircraft looks more like space ship then a aircraft.

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

• 2 months later...
the one thing they lack is advanced ground targeting pods imo

The Draken wasn't designed to attack ground targets. It was designed as a high altitude interceptor. The ground attack role was taken care of by the A35 Lansen until the Viggens came along.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

The Draken wasn't designed to attack ground targets. It was designed as a high altitude interceptor. The ground attack role was taken care of by the A35 Lansen until the Viggens came along.

None of those aircrafts had targeting pods either, but that's to be expected since they're both '50s and '60s designs and the type of air-to-ground missions that would require such equipment was never was never part of their intended operational doctrine.

Edited by Farks