Harrier GR7 & GR9 Confirmed

Slipp

Let me tell the truth here, i really don't mind seeing such a plane coming to DCS, but it definitely won't be something i'd buy ! I am simply not into this plane at all, too bad i guess, let the joy go to its real fans :)

If there is one plane that would really make me happy throughout, it stays the F-16.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me tell the truth here, i really don't mind seeing such a plane coming to DCS, but it definitely won't be something i'd buy ! I am simply not into this plane at all, too bad i guess, let the joy go to its real fans :)

If there is one plane that would really make me happy throughout, it stays the F-16.

Oh pls not again the F-16. I mean it's certainly an interesting and fun plane, but there's Falcon (BMS) for that. I want something new and unique that I can not enjoy so far, not like the F-16 which I'm already enjoying in Falcon.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

What is glimit on them?

I believe they arent dogfighter.

Edited by dartuil

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

Oh pls not again the F-16. I mean it's certainly an interesting and fun plane, but there's Falcon (BMS) for that. I want something new and unique that I can not enjoy so far, not like the F-16 which I'm already enjoying in Falcon.

I'm sorry dude but it's not because you are enjoying what you are getting from Falcon BMS that the plane shouldn't come out on DCS ! Just for your info, i've never played that game and even being a big fan of the F-16 i will not play it so i clearly have my reasons to wanting to see the F-16 come up in DCS ! Hence, if everyone had your view point about planes, i'm sorry to say but quite a few models shouldn't ever appear because they already exist in other games...

This isn't only about flying something new and unique but also adding diversity to the game and a plane that simply has his place in DCS World, i don't want to have to bring you all the arguments for it now, but trust me a very good majority of the community would love to see it come !

I would want the F-16 in DCS so that I don't spend half a day fighting an ancient UI and still finding out that my controls don't work how I want them to.

And also it is the most proliferate 4th gen jet.

Just for your info, i've never played that game and even being a big fan of the F-16 i will not play it so i clearly have my reasons to wanting to see the F-16 come up in DCS ! Hence, if everyone had your view point about planes, i'm sorry to say but quite a few models shouldn't ever appear because they already exist in other games...

If you haven't played Falcon 4 then you cannot claim to be a big F-16 fan :P

While F-16 would be nice to have, I don't think it's the highest priority for most people.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

If you haven't played Falcon 4 then you cannot claim to be a big F-16 fan :P

While F-16 would be nice to have, I don't think it's the highest priority for most people.

Honestly just by the look of that game i've never wanted to try it, DCS did the job to me no doubt ! By what you are saying i assume every fan has to own every product that virtualises its thing ? I mean that it's not because someone is a fan of Ferraries that he owns one automatically or has driven one :p

The question would actually be : What are peoples priorities and what do you consider being a priority when talking about incoming planes ?

Honestly just by the look of that game i've never wanted to try it, DCS did the job to me no doubt ! By what you are saying i assume every fan has to own every product that virtualises its thing ? I mean that it's not because someone is a fan of Ferraries that he owns one automatically or has driven one :p

What does owning a real thing has to do with the simulators? I don't follow your logic here. No F16 fan has a real aircraft in his garage either.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I love the idea of using the wide array of optical sensors and weapons that were available for the GR7/GR9 in DCS

I think the best thing is that any mission for the A-10 could conceivably be used for the Harrier (maybe with minor modifications like probe and drogue tankers) so we've already got an incredible amount of content for it.

The lack of radar doesn't really bother me I don't think, we already have much more capable fighter aircraft than the harriers ever were in DCS (Mirage 2000 obvioously is an example)

I would like an F-16 just so we don't get every second thread turning into an F-16 wish-list.

However having a harrier may make that easier to ignore. Such an unique aircraft will be very interesting to try and master.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Great aircraft...can't wait to buy!!!

ASROCK X79 Extreme11 (WC), i7-4930K (WC), 32GB G.Skill TridentX, Vertex 3 120GB, GTX 980ti, 3x 39,5" Philips 4K, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog with PeterP´s FFB2 Mod, 2xSaitek Throttle, 2x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD Bezel, Simped Vario Pedals modded with toe brakes, Opencockpit Cards, 4x Soundcard, 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2, 4x GTX 950 with tons of touchscreens...

For those of you who who have not listened to the DCS podcast.

RAZBAM devs confirmed in an interview that Harrier GR7 & GR9 are going to be the next modules.

They said that development time will hopefully be around one year.

Some of the other things they said:

- T-2 Buckeye is pretty much cancelled and is not expected to see the light of the day any time soon

- After ED gives RAZBAM devs a feasible ground radar, they plan on doing F-15E and A-7

- RAZBAM plans to produce two modules per year in the future

There is a DCS podcast?

What is a podcast anyway? lol isnt that early 2000's I totally forgot about podcasts.

Didn't VEAO get knocked back on the Brimstone for the Typhoon?

As for the carrier, we will probably have to use Frances. :/

I don't think any Typhoon in the world can use Brimstones operationally yet anyway

Legacy Brimstone isn't an incredibly new system though and I believe they were integrated on GR9s at least

It was never cleared for deployment due to the Harriers early retirement. Would be fun, and would love to have it... but I don't see it happening.

Yeah but it was tested and mounted.

Sadly I agree we probably won't get it due to Brimstone being too new.