Harrier has return?

Silver_Dragon

This is one of the aircraft I am looking forward the most! It would be great to see a Falklands scenario or the harrier operating in an Afghanistan scenario.

I would particularly love to see a sea harrier and Working HMS Ark Royal.

Good luck with this exciting project. :thumbup:

Jacks

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Remake of 1995 U.S. Navy Fighters GOLD is comming )))

Leatherneck Tomcat

ED Hornet

RAZBAM Corsair

RAZBAM Harrier

One quastion. When ? 2020 ? 2025 ?

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

yes please :D I'd love to do some VTOL!

Buy a helicopter then :megalol:

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Remake of 1995 U.S. Navy Fighters GOLD is comming )))

Leatherneck Tomcat

ED Hornet

RAZBAM Corsair

RAZBAM Harrier

One quastion. When ? 2020 ? 2025 ?

Now that brings back some memories.

One thing that all the sims/games did back then was really create immersion. The video briefings in Navy Fighters, or the crew room photos in Tornado. That kind of "I feel part of the world" is sadly lacking these days in sims.

But yes. Look forward to the Harrier and recreating my teenage years!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Now that brings back some memories.

One thing that all the sims/games did back then was really create immersion. The video briefings in Navy Fighters, or the crew room photos in Tornado. That kind of "I feel part of the world" is sadly lacking these days in sims.

But yes. Look forward to the Harrier and recreating my teenage years!

I used to have the 1997 Fighters Anthology compilation in my Pentium 150 Mhz. The cheesy videos were a great touch, but what I really miss right now is the sheer amount of content that game had. A ton of campaigns and missions in theatres like the Persian Gulf, Baltic Sea, English Channel, Kuril Islands, Falklands, Cuba, Vietnam, Greece, Israel, Crimea...

The amount of flyable aircraft and weapons selection were also staggering, and it had a great mission editor. Not a realistic sim, but boy it was fun, I played it for many years, even got into editing the database, adding new aircraft and weapons and tweaking existing ones.

Hopefuly DCS will someday be able to offer something approaching the variety the Jane's series had. Of course with the DCS level modules and scenarios being as complex and painstakingly detailed as they are, I think I'll probably die of old age before we get 100+ modules and 20 theatres...

• 4 weeks later...

What version should we expect? I would love to see either a AV8B+ or a Sea Harrier FA 2. Nonetheless, this is the module I would most want in (this and the SU-24M) DCS so for me this would be an insta-buy. Hope to hear news of this development as it progresses. :pilotfly:

Isn't that a GR.9?

No, the GR.9 is a newer model of the British Aerospace Harrier II. The GR9 differs from the Sea Harrier FA2 as it has a 25mm instead of a 30mm cannon, launches a similar but different armament (e.g. AV8B+ and FA2 could take AMRAAM missiles) and has slightly larger wings (making it 100km/h slower than the FA2). AFAIK the GR9 does not have any radar onboard unlike the AV8B+ (the AN/APG-65, the same radar used in some F/A-18 models) and the FA2 (with the Blue Vixen radar, which can launch AMRAAM air-to-air and Sea Eagle anti-ship missiles). Nonetheless, I would be excited to see any form of S/VTOL aircraft in DCS. :)

We have the Harrier in DCSW for quite some time now,but i was not satisfied with the exterior mesh, which meant a complete rework, hence the M2000C going forward, same goes for the A-7, we had an exterior model but a marginal cockpit, now the A-7 is moving ahead as we are about to finish a complete rework.

Regarding the T-2, it´s paused, until further notice.

Keep in mind that we produce for 3 different platforms, while 2 of them are extremely similar (fsx/P3d), DCSW is not, and while we do have DSC as a priority, FSX/P3D is what´s oiling the RAZBAM gears,mainly due to the fact we do have 12 yrs developing for the MSFS series, we expect that to change in a near future..

Best regards

Prowler

Great to hear that combat jets have a priority over trainer planes! Excellent decision. :)

Great to hear that combat jets have a priority over trainer planes! Excellent decision. smile.gif

I concur. Same thing with this:

[...]

Keep in mind that we produce for 3 different platforms, while 2 of them are extremely similar (fsx/P3d), DCSW is not, and while we do have DSC as a priority, FSX/P3D is what´s oiling the RAZBAM gears,mainly due to the fact we do have 12 yrs developing for the MSFS series, we expect that to change in a near future..

Best regards

Prowler

DCS > FSX :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

yep Gr7/9 would be sweet.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.